Whisk(e)y

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Whisk(e)y

Post by Azkal »

Not a big whisky drinker, but typically pick up a couple of bottles of spirits on my travels to keep the bar stocked up. One of the whisky's that I have picked up in the past is "Monkey Shoulder", which whilst being a blended whisky rather than a single malt, seems to be very well received by one or two of my whisky aficionado pals.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:02 pm All the Arran malts are superb IMO Gessa... was fortunate to have been given this for one of my 65th birthday presents last year..(still have a half bottle left :-D )

Arran 21 yr old.jpg
Nice :tup:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Was sick on whisky once when 16 and have never touched a drop since. The smell of it still makes me heave.

However, was reading earlier this month about the guy who was selling the bottles (all unopened) his father had bought for him. He had one a year, for his birthday, over the last 28yrs. Apparently worth around the £40k mark.
F0EC5D53-7C0A-4D03-B0AB-DBA637B8C149.jpeg
Now that’s a sounder investment than the 0.01% you get in a bank/BS savings account these days
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Ardbeg 10 is on offer, which brings it into your price range.

Ardbeg Ten Years Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072J8H5SP/ ... BFbBV74H41
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just enjoying 2nd 'Jura' tonight
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 pm Just enjoying 2nd 'Jura' tonight
Never really took to the Jura myself... but that's what makes us all unique... I am "slumming" it tonight with a couple of the Famous Grouse... seriously. it is a nice blend and dirt cheap ...enjoy the rest of your night... :tumbler:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

06.jpg
gessa

Post by gessa »

Azkalwhite wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:03 pm Not a big whisky drinker, but typically pick up a couple of bottles of spirits on my travels to keep the bar stocked up. One of the whisky's that I have picked up in the past is "Monkey Shoulder", which whilst being a blended whisky rather than a single malt, seems to be very well received by one or two of my whisky aficionado pals.
A few years ago we were in France, the local bar only had 2 Whiskies, Bells and Monkey Shoulder, so I opted for the latter, was a decent drop and actually have bought a couple of bottles since,it is decent.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:55 pm Never really took to the Jura myself... but that's what makes us all unique... I am "slumming" it tonight with a couple of the Famous Grouse... seriously. it is a nice blend and dirt cheap ...enjoy the rest of your night... :tumbler:
I like the Jura Superstition.

In the end I went for a new one to me.
Perth which is a blended malt.
[Old Perth Peaty Blended Malt Whisky - Master of Malt
https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/m ... alt-whisky
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 pm Consider Phlebus was first, but his second The Player of Games was great. Feersum Endjinn, Use of Weapons, Against a Dark Background all good, avoid Excession. While not sequential, concepts migrate from one book to another so reading them in order would make sense.
So I picked up Stonemouth and Against a Dark Background as my reads. ( Though I have half of Mostly Harmless from the Hitchikers series to complete as well.

Happy days.

Now for Leeds to get a result against the Blunts now.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:16 am Was sick on whisky once when 16 and have never touched a drop since. The smell of it still makes me heave.

However, was reading earlier this month about the guy who was selling the bottles (all unopened) his father had bought for him. He had one a year, for his birthday, over the last 28yrs. Apparently worth around the £40k mark.

F0EC5D53-7C0A-4D03-B0AB-DBA637B8C149.jpeg

Now that’s a sounder investment than the 0.01% you get in a bank/BS savings account these days

Anyone have a spare £4m .

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/dr ... 983060?amp
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

gessa wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:05 pm Anyone have a spare £4m .

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/dr ... 983060?amp
I can chip in 15 p mate :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:14 pm I can chip in 15 p mate :lol:
May get you one of the cardboard boxes they carry them in. :)