London Bridge Incident

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: London Bridge Incident

Post by danhirons »

SaraM wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:17 am More people are killed by poverty and homelessness than by terrorism. We need a more compassionate society, not a more brutal one. We also need to stop creating the conditions for terror by waging illegal, imperialist wars. There's a bigger picture here than banging up individuals.
"More people are killed by poverty and homelessness than by terrorism"

Sorry but what a bizarre and pointless comparison to make!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

danhirons wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:23 pm "More people are killed by poverty and homelessness than by terrorism"

Sorry but what a bizarre and pointless comparison to make!
The point being that if homelessness, or the many other ills in our society, received the attention that terrorism does, then something might be done about them.

Incidents like this are just used by politicians to push their own agenda, although I see the family of one of the victims are now calling this out.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

SaraM wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:01 pm The point being that if homelessness, or the many other ills in our society, received the attention that terrorism does, then something might be done about them.

Incidents like this are just used by politicians to push their own agenda, although I see the family of one of the victims are now calling this out.
Ah the Labour activist. :roll:

I saw this thread as being about what happened in London but once again you hijack it with your left wing agenda. Shame really. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:57 pm Ah the Labour activist. :roll:

I saw this thread as being about what happened in London but once again you hijack it with your left wing agenda. Shame really. :bear:
Absolute rubbish. It's a tragic event which is being used to push a certain viewpoint. Pointing that out is not 'hijacking' the thread, nor is it in any way being a 'Labour activist'.

I don't even support Labour, but so what if I did? Other people are entitled to a viewpoint apart from you. You're the one who's hijacked this thread by trying to silence people you disagree with.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

SaraM wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:26 pm Absolute rubbish. It's a tragic event which is being used to push a certain viewpoint. Pointing that out is not 'hijacking' the thread, nor is it in any way being a 'Labour activist'.

I don't even support Labour, but so what if I did? Other people are entitled to a viewpoint apart from you. You're the one who's hijacked this thread by trying to silence people you disagree with.
The Labour activist is the father of the young man that was murdered! I was not referring to you. I'm not trying to silence anyone just trying to keep it relevant to the incident in question. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

becchio bear wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:05 pm The Labour activist is the father of the young man that was murdered! I was not referring to you. I'm not trying to silence anyone just trying to keep it relevant to the incident in question. :bear:
The family of the victim are entitled to object to his death being co-opted into Boris Johnson's election campaign. I don't see how that development can be 'not relevant' to discussing the incident; it's a part of how we respond as a nation.

The whole thread is people giving their opinion on what it all means, and what should or shouldn't be done about it. You didn't find this irrelevant, until I said something you disagreed with. By all means, disagree, and give your reasons, but don't expect me to accept this disingenuous nonsense about being off topic. The issue is terrorism,, and that includes both how we respond, and steps we could take to prevent it. Anyway, I've said enough.