The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 15th October) - Leeds have improved in every area but one compared to last season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 15th October) - Leeds have improved in every area but one compared to last season

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 15th October, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines...

Phil Hay reacts to Radrazzini's interview

Phil Hay has reacted to Radrizzani's interview with Martin Ziegler of The Times. Whilst thousands of Leeds fans have taken to social media expecting an imminent take over, the ex Chief football writer for the Yorkshire Evening Post has reacted more cautiously when asked about a possible QSI investment/takeover!

Phil Hay wrote:I have. Not sure what to make of it. Strange to name QSI like that if nothing’s going to come of it but some of the quotes are a bit non-committal.

Leeds have improved in every discipline but one compared to last season

Not only have Leeds been able to sustain their superiority they showed in the Championship last season, but they have actually improved in every discipline apart from finding the back of the net!

Whilst this is excellent news, especially having lost Jansson and Roofe in the Summer, what is the answer to their goal drought?

How much do Leeds miss Roofe? If Roofe and Bamford could player together in the same team, why can't Bamford and Nketiah?

Is racism in football widespread, even in England?

I'm sure we also saw the disgusting scenes in Bulgaria last night, and the laughable way our governing body tried to deal with it. Whilst I'm sure we all agree that what we saw last night was unacceptable, how can it be dealt with? Has there always been racism in football?

Does it still go on at Elland Road? Have you heard it?

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 15th October) - Leeds have improved in every area but one compared to last seaso

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Finding the back of the net was the issue last year, everyone could see that. Then we went and sold our top scorer.
gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 15th October) - Leeds have improved in every area but one compared to last seaso

Post by gessa »

Not sure Roofe and Bamford could play well together tbh. To accommodate both Bamford and Nketiah one of them would have to change their natural game and that would have to be Bamford for me.

Racism has always been rife, not sure how much goes on now compared to say the 70's, I'd say less but have no evidence of that. I've never heard any racist chanting at ER but did once sit next to a young lad about 6/7 who asked is grandad who the darkie ba***rd was that had just fouled one of our players.
Knew a Pakistani lad (friend of a friend) he never supported a team but was a good way through doing the 92 and followed England all over Europe and said the only time he experienced any racism toward him was at Birmingham City.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:44 am Phil Hay has reacted to Radrizzani's interview with Martin Ziegler of The Times. Whilst thousands of Leeds fans have taken to social media expecting an imminent take over, the ex Chief football writer for the Yorkshire Evening Post has reacted more cautiously when asked about a possible QSI investment/takeover!

Does seem odd that he had mentioned them by name now. Must be something in it? Qatar have always been lurking behind the scenes since he arrived.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 am Does seem odd that he had mentioned them by name now. Must be something in it? Qatar have always been lurking behind the scenes since he arrived.
Its a pretty big claim to say that with the investment (which sounds like its on offer) that we could be the next Citeh!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Last month Eufa fined a few countries for racism at their home matches, yet some of those counties will be hosting Euro2020 games next year. Id have taken away their hosting rights.

You need to go large to face large issues.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

unfortunately leeds fans bitd was one of the worse culprits for racism .
i remember we played portsmouth at elland rd in the early 80s and the abuse their black players got ( blake , hilaire etc ) was shocking.
the south stand used to sing shoot that n....er , what f**king n...er , that f**king n....er ! each and everytime one of their black player touched the ball.
when we also went to norwich and again a good section of our fans would sing the song ....justin , justin fashanu a big black c..t from norwich's zoo !

also remember when leeds played leicester in the 90s down at filbert st our fans sang " your only a town full of paki's !"
just a few examples ive witnessed during my time travelling around the country following leeds.
must be said these days its very rare you hear any type of racism at elland rd . thankfully the clubs and the authorities have almost completely weeded out the vermin that once tarnished our game ..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:43 am
when we also went to norwich and again a good section of our fans would sing the song ....justin , justin fashanu a big black c..t from norwich's zoo !

also remember when leeds played leicester in the 90s down at filbert st our fans sang " your only a town full of paki's !"
I was there & remember those chants well 63, surprised we didn't get seriously reprimanded even in those days
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:00 pm I was there & remember those chants well 63, surprised we didn't get seriously reprimanded even in those days

the local rag wanted us banned from attending filbert street ever again .
we was lucky 64.
tbh i was surprised we wasn't hung ,drawn and quartered.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Seem to remember Emile Heskey saying one reason he didn't sign fo us when approached was because of the racial abuse he'd previously recieved from our fans.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:12 pm
Love it Matt

Kalvin & Ben's look on their faces when they were told Douglas was the 2nd best passer in the squad :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay reacts to Radrazzini's interview

It was strange, I agree with PH, if nothing is imminent why mention QSI at all, comes across as a back patting interview in hindsight.

Striking

I don't know what the answer is, I would like to see Eddie as a 10 with Paddy as a 9. Not sure Roofe would be the answer either, tinted glasses and all that but he was one of the worst for shot conversion to I seem to remember.

Racism

Last night was awful, never seen anything like it, disgraceful.

The authorities need to do more, points deductions imo, its that serious. You start telling fans they will deduct points off their teams if racist chanting or anything is proven I bet it will have an impact.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:58 pm Love it Matt

Kalvin & Ben's look on their faces when they were told Douglas was the 2nd best passer in the squad :shock:
Did they do a slowest one?

Has to be Douglas or Cooper surely?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 pm Did they do a slowest one?

Has to be Douglas or Cooper surely?
Yes Douglas & Cooper were in the first three

Have a watch mate
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Racism is still endemic in our society, it isn't just football. I doubt it will change much while the post colonial power structures are still in place. Always oppose it, always fight it, but recognise that the problem is more deeply seated than changing the mindset of a few individuals. Yeah, we've made some progress, but it's never far below the surface.