Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:13 pm Shame Fwank didn’t get stuffed.
He almost went full Klopp at full time.

Racing around fist pumping and clapping . . . .1 win in 7 league matches :|

God knows what he will do if they win again.

Strip off and do a windmill :oops:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:15 pm He almost went full Klopp at full time.

Racing around fist pumping and clapping . . . .1 win in 7 :|
Well yes if they lose it’s the players fault and if they win he takes all the credit. Naturally.
A windmill. Naked😱
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

This is going to be a really tough season for about half the sides in the league.

Amazing how WH and Leicester have made such an awful start but I would expect WH to find their groove at some point and surely Leicester too.

Which brings us to only imo Nottm Forest to continue to occupy the bottom three.

Bournemouth seem to have stabilized after their tough start too but hopefully will struggle most of the season.

Looking at Villa, Wolves, Southampton, Palace and Leeds all have real quality players in their side and shouldn't be looking over their shoulders but they way things are going it could be a low points scoring league at the bottom end.

The other promotees Fulham look as good as Palace did last season and should be safe, they have made a number of wise acquisitions.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

That win by Everton has got me a little bit worried.
Maupay might provide the goals they need to stay up. Yet we didn't sign a replacement for Bamford.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:17 pm Well yes if they lose it’s the players fault and if they win he takes all the credit. Naturally.
A windmill. Naked😱
Yep.

Right round the pitch of Goodison Park.

That is what's coming next if Everton win again :shock:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:34 pm Yep.

Right round the pitch of Goodison Park.

That is what's coming next if Everton win again :shock:
I expect his shelf of flab hides his todger so no exposure really.
Todger gets auto corrected to Toffee. Cracking 😀
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

WestgateRun wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:27 pm That win by Everton has got me a little bit worried.
Maupay might provide the goals they need to stay up. Yet we didn't sign a replacement for Bamford.
I'm concerned the clubs I expected to be struggling are picking points up.

Four points divide clubs from 10th to 19th position, with Fulham & Brentford above us.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

WestgateRun wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:27 pm That win by Everton has got me a little bit worried.
Rodrigo is the replacement for Paddy, Gelhardt is the replacement for Paddy, Gnonto is the replacement for Paddy, even Perkins could do a job replacing Paddy and that's all assuming Paddy himself doesn't play. He's looking the more complete player this season...

Stop with the grass is greener stuff.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:50 pm I'm concerned the clubs I expected to be struggling are picking points up.

Four points divide clubs from 10th to 19th position, with Fulham & Brentford above us.
West Ham, Wolves and Leicester will all be near the bottom rather than top. 9-17th could be anyone's. But I don't think you'll need 36 to survive this season like last year.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:08 pm Paqueta, Bowen, Antonio, Scammaca, Benrahma, Cornet.

West Ham still can't score.

Everton 1-0 West Ham
Moyes will be in danger, along with Howe, who's had a free ride considering how much he's spent.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:31 pm I'm glad our game vs scum was called off.
I'm not. With the fixture congestion, I can see us throwing the FA Cup as per usual. :roll: Really wanted us to try this year as well. :x
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

West Ham had a great start last two seasons and then a crap second half. Hopefully the trend continues this season.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

As much as I dislike him, he would've been good and at £15m hardly breaking the bank or overpriced.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:51 pm I'm not. With the fixture congestion, I can see us throwing the FA Cup as per usual. :roll: Really wanted us to try this year as well. :x
I don't think we have any choice this season, imperative we remain in the PL.

We won five & drew one vs the three relegated clubs last season, unsure that will be the case this time as every club seems to be picking points up apart from Leicester.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:11 pm As much as I dislike him, he would've been good and at £15m hardly breaking the bank or overpriced.
As I posted we don't spend that sort of money on bench players.

Brentford paid £8.5m for Wissa, he has scored five goals coming off the bench this season.

Bamford & Gelhardt need to start putting the ball in the net sooner than later, hopefully Rodrigo will continue his rich vein of goal-scoring form when he returns.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:49 pm Moyes will be in danger, along with Howe, who's had a free ride considering how much he's spent.
West Ham spent £165 million this summer.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 pm As I posted we don't spend that sort of money on bench players.

Brentford paid £8.5m for Wissa, he has scored five goals coming off the bench this season.

Bamford & Gelhardt need to start putting the ball in the net sooner than later, hopefully Rodrigo will continue his rich vein of goal-scoring form when he returns.
Hardly a bench player. Too many are getting carried away by Bamford scoring against kids. This is still the same player who missed an open goal.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:21 pm I don't think we have any choice this season, imperative we remain in the PL.

We won five & drew one vs the three relegated clubs last season, unsure that will be the case this time as every club seems to be picking points up apart from Leicester.
It depends who you think will be down there. I think Fulham will stay up comfortably, and don't think Leicester, West Ham or Wolves are "too good to go down" (as the saying goes).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:37 pm Hardly a bench player. Too many are getting carried away by Bamford scoring against kids. This is still the same player who missed an open goal.
Awful miss, plus his shot that hit the corner flag.

Hopefully Paddy's confidence is back, we need our front two to score goals, not relying on Sinisterra, Harrison & Rodrigo to get the bulk of our goals.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:45 pm Awful miss, plus his shot that hit the corner flag.

Hopefully Paddy's confidence is back, we need our front two to score goals, not relying on Sinisterra, Harrison & Rodrigo to get the bulk of our goals.
3 years since we sold Roofe and we still don't have a 2nd striker to compete to start.