Hot Hot Hot

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hot Hot Hot/Floods/Snow/Gales

Post by 1964white »

Jill & I are generally up early on Sunday morning to do our weekly grocery shop.

We abandoned that idea after seeing the weekend weather forecast so even though I had a busy long day with work & wasting my time watching that shower of :poo: yesterday, we awoke at 6.15am Saturday morning & were in Tesco by just after 7am, had the store more or less to ourselves apart from their friendly staff , nice & easy job done.

Stay safe everyone!
hector

Post by hector »

bloody horrible,,

one of the garden fences is moving like an accordian and only a matter of time before it is a 6x6 kite.....

the roof of an old aviary that I was about to dismantle at the end of the month is now on the floor.... an next winters logs for the fire are falling in the woods, 3 so far this morning.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

30 mph winds, lashing rain. I dreamt that my house was a leaking prefab on a sodden floodplain. Luckily it's still a stone cottage on a hill. Not going out for the usual Sunday walk though.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:30 am bloody horrible,,

one of the garden fences is moving like an accordian and only a matter of time before it is a 6x6 kite.....

the roof of an old aviary that I was about to dismantle at the end of the month is now on the floor.... an next winters logs for the fire are falling in the woods, 3 so far this morning.
I shouldn't laugh but that sounds funny :lol:

Take care Hector
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:37 am 30 mph winds, lashing rain. I dreamt that my house was a leaking prefab on a sodden floodplain. Luckily it's still a stone cottage on a hill. Not going out for the usual Sunday walk though.
I should think not Sara

We've batten down the hatches around the garden by taking down the hanging baskets, moving seats, watering cans into sheltered areas. We always worry about the huge conifers coming down & are concerned our large conservatory roof doesn't shift in places as it has done previously.

Casper fast asleep on his bed in front of the heater even looked up when the hailstones were being swept into the lounge windows, he thought sod it & went back to sleep, he won't be going far today much too comfortable indoors :moggy:

Stay safe Sara
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I quite like the feeling of hunkering down in a storm, especially by the sea. Will probably venture out to sit by the local pub fire later.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:22 pm I quite like the feeling of hunkering down in a storm, especially by the sea. Will probably venture out to sit by the local pub fire later.
Used to love it on the yacht Sara. Safely tucked up in a marina somewhere, oil lamp glowing and keeping us warm, the rain rattling on the coach roof, frying pan out and bacon butties listening to Pet Shop Boys :)
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:33 pm Used to love it on the yacht Sara. Safely tucked up in a marina somewhere, oil lamp glowing and keeping us warm, the rain rattling on the coach roof, frying pan out and bacon butties listening to Pet Shop Boys :)
You were doing so well ......................until that point :shock: :shock:

;-)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Not sure I'd feel so safe actually on the water...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:30 am bloody horrible,,

Hope it doesn't get any worse for you hector.....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:58 pm You were doing so well ......................until that point :shock: :shock:

;-)
Cheeky :x

We love The pet shop Boys, always have. I used to have a real crush on Neil Tennant when they first arrived with 'West End Girls'. Also, listening to them got me through the first gulf war. We were lucky enough to see them a few years ago in Birmingham and they really were awesome :)
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:07 pm Hope it doesn't get any worse for you hector.....
rear fence is now flat on the floor, where is going to have to stay until tuesday at the earliest, as the wind is set to be this strong down here tomorrow too,,,,,,
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:22 pm I quite like the feeling of hunkering down in a storm, especially by the sea. Will probably venture out to sit by the local pub fire later.
Sounds a good idea :tup:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Sun out & blue skies here now :sun:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mrs64 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:31 pm Sun out & blue skies here now :sun:
Rain belting down here in Suffolk :rain:
hector

Post by hector »

front fence has now come down, luckily it has decided not to be a kite...............
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Lovely and sunny here in Madeira :) BUT back home to face the music tomorrow :verysad:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Having some snow at last. Means a lot of shovelling, but it certainly brightens up the dark days of winter.

https://youtu.be/CUJaQDrFhVM

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:00 pm front fence has now come down, luckily it has decided not to be a kite...............
Why..Have you sat the missus on it?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pm Lovely and sunny here in Madeira :) BUT back home to face the music tomorrow :verysad:
Unless your flights are delayed 60's, 100's cancelled today