Man Of The People

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Man Of The People

Post by Cjay »

Is Mr Bielsa :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Man Of The People

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:03 pm Is Mr Bielsa :)
I know the fan with his jacket over his arm having a selfie with Marcelo about 14 seconds in of the first tweet, sat next to him on a couple of our away trips, lives in Lincolnshire
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Marcelo is the most amazingly lovely man.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

If Don Revie was a father to Leeds, Bielsa may end up being our grandad. Never known a manager of such down to earth humility.
lastofthejoedeacons
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by lastofthejoedeacons »

What a Gent. He doesn't look annoyed just pleased to have pictures and videos done. He is already a Leeds Legend simply down to his persona, I'd love it if we went up with him at the helm. It would cement him in Leeds history.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Bielsa understands what people need, time, personal interest, recognition.
But knowing and doing are not always the same thing, but in my book MB goes the extra mile to give a bit of himself to those young fans.

Compare that with many football players who walk around sheathed inside their headphones oblivious to all and sundry.

I will never forget the day when Ray Wilkins while on I international duty came over to us young boys and started chatting to us. In no rush, asking questions and listening to what we told him. What a way to teach others what is most important in life. Other people.

MB is cut from the same cloth.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wasnt sure where to put this, maybe not exactly in keeping with the title of this thread :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Wonder what happened.

Can we not learn to stay out of the headlines?

Edit.

Just realised it was an old story

Phew...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa