Pontus Jansson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Save our Swede?

Post by faaip »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:06 pm No because that will be the usual PR guff trying to deflect away from selling one of our best players on the cheap AGAIN. It's Radz who has forced him out, only seeing £££. Unfortunately he is delusional if he thinks £5.5m is a great deal and will keep selling our best players whenever he sees a 7 figure bid.
It really isn't I think it's just your Rads paranoia and biases again...It's just normal football business, players come players go...they go for what someone will pay for them. Simple.
Honey dipped flim flam
Denman
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Sell our Swede on the cheap.

Post by Denman »

I don’t want Pontus to leave. But if he does we absolutely MUST get the best possible price for him. And we absolutely MUST use that money to get a replacement as good if not better.
Denman
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Denman »

Or is that too much common sense for the hierarchy at our club?
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Whatever we sell him for will be the best price. We're not going to wait 6 months to a year if the differences are irreconcilable though so we'll take the best offer we get.
Honey dipped flim flam
WhiteRose
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WhiteRose »

Pontus always likes everything to be about him,if he wants to lower himself with a move to Brentford then so be it if he is ditracting from the team spirit and questioning the boss then he has to leave. we just need to get a move on with signing a replacement. I expect one will have been lined up or we wouldn't be selling.
Denman
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Denman »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:47 pm Whatever we sell him for will be the best price. We're not going to wait 6 months to a year if the differences are irreconcilable though so we'll take the best offer we get.
The thing is anything in the region of £5m, if that is what we end up getting, is definitely NOT the best price we could get.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:25 pm It really isn't I think it's just your Rads paranoia and biases again...It's just normal football business, players come players go...they go for what someone will pay for them. Simple.
Radz would burn down an orphanage and you would still defend him. It's becoming unbearable.

Yes I'm sure Pontus demanded out to force a move to Brentford. :lol: Pontus is a fan favourite, so of course the cowards at the club will lie and blame it on him.

He was forced out to cover the mess Radz and his mate made with the accounts. We were told Clarke would be our only sale, so that was more lies from Mr PR.
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:51 pm Pontus always likes everything to be about him,if he wants to lower himself with a move to Brentford then so be it if he is ditracting from the team spirit and questioning the boss then he has to leave. we just need to get a move on with signing a replacement. I expect one will have been lined up or we wouldn't be selling.
This.

And he always thought that he should be playing at higher level. I don't think he is a premier League quality if so a lot of premier league clubs would be interested buing him for that price.
By saying this though we should be having a quality replacement soon or will be in big trouble .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:25 pm It really isn't I think it's just your Rads paranoia and biases again...It's just normal football business, players come players go...they go for what someone will pay for them. Simple.
Very true however Pontus is worth more than £5m Faaip, we are more or less giving him away in comparison to other transfers at our level.

Made 20 appearances for his country Sweden
Experienced championship CB, heavily involved in our 3rd place finish
Our best defender
Was in this seasons championship team of the team
Am I right in saying he acquired the most votes in our MOTM competition ?
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Denman wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:59 pm The thing is anything in the region of £5m, if that is what we end up getting, is definitely NOT the best price we could get.
What is the best price and who will pay it ?
Honey dipped flim flam
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I can't believe all the guff, I repeat guff and I don't repeat that word lightly, being spouted by people saying we will be selling him on the cheap - the simple fact is unless there are lots of teams queueing up you can't drive the price up. It is hardly like Brentford are offering £5m and an unnamed club are offering £10m but we are going to sell him for the £5m - we will sell him to the highest bidder simple as that whether the highest bid is a bag of sherbet or £10m.

If Bielsa wanted him to stay then the club would be looking to keep him, it is hardly like Bielsa is saying keep him and Radrizanni is just seeing the £ signs.
Senor El Weasel
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:51 pm Pontus always likes everything to be about him,if he wants to lower himself with a move to Brentford then so be it if he is distracting from the team spirit and questioning the boss then he has to leave. we just need to get a move on with signing a replacement. I expect one will have been lined up or we wouldn't be selling.
Point is Pontus doesn't want to leave Leeds
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:14 pm Point is Pontus doesn't want to leave Leeds
That doesn't fit the Radz fanclub agenda. Pontus forced himself out, just like Clarke and Vieira. :lol:
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:10 pm Very true however Pontus is worth more than £5m Faaip, we are more or less giving him away in comparison to other transfers at our level.

Our best defender
Plus 3 years left on his contract. :roll:
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Do you lot seriously believe Pontus wants this move? He has no choice but to take it.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:10 pm Very true however Pontus is worth more than £5m Faaip, we are more or less giving him away in comparison to other transfers at our level.

Our best defender
It's like anything, he's an asset but until we get a host of clubs in a bidding war (and I'm not hearing that are you? ) we have two choices sell at the price point he's at now or wait till we get a good offer commensurate with ability, which could take a year, all the time he'll be depreciating anyway.

Basically all he above is true but it's salesman speak, I could counter by pointing at his willful disobedience v Villa, his poorish form at the end of the season and the rant post match against a ref which got him suspended one game. As a buyer I'd be using that to get the price down. He maybe getting a reputation of difficult to work with and not a team player.
Honey dipped flim flam
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:22 pm Do you lot seriously believe Pontus wants this move? He has no choice but to take it.
Of course he has a choice, if he doesn't want to go to Brentford then he says no, as he supposedly did last year with the Russians.
Those that know, know
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

gessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:27 pm Of course he has a choice, if he doesn't want to go to Brentford then he says no, as he supposedly did last year with the Russians.
What if he's been told it's Brentford or u23s. Would you want to stay if you were blamed for the playoff defeat despite not even playing? He's been treated like s**t and it's gutting because he got this club.
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:30 pm What if he's been told it's Brentford or u23s. Would you want to stay if you were blamed for the playoff defeat despite not even playing? He's been treated like s**t and it's gutting because he got this club.

This is out there now, he says no to Brentford, and I'm pretty sure there will be other offers to follow.
Those that know, know
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

gessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:27 pm Of course he has a choice, if he doesn't want to go to Brentford then he says no, as he supposedly did last year with the Russians.
He has a contract. we could pay that contract off, sell him, mutually agree to end the contract or we keep him as a squad player. Three of those would not make much financial sense for the club. We can guess (bolded there for anyone who thinks I'm claiming that as fact, I'm not it's merely speculation) there was an issue last season with MB, the only time we saw MB lose his cool was at Pontus for trying to stop the equalizer for Villa and the ensuing kerfuffle. I think that was the final nail for MB

Who knows maybe part of MB's demands to stay was PJ goes, it's as likely as Rads looking for a cheap pay day and forcing Jansson out. More so, Rads would want the best deal he could get

I've no idea what's behind this, but then nor does anyone else here.
Honey dipped flim flam