Pontus Jansson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:56 pm The hatred for Pontus on here is unbelievable!

Best CB we've had at Leeds since Radebe.

White has decent qualities, good on the floor but not great under pressure in the air. Ben is not a goal threat at set-pieces too, I'll be surprised if he scores a goal for Leeds this season.

Letting Bartley out of grasp wasn't clever too!
no use crying over spilled milk .
good championship defender but its all water under the bridge .
hopefully tomorrow night he scores an og gives away a pen and then gets himself sent off !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:18 pmFtfy.
:shock: You're nearly as naughty as hector.....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:24 pm Bugger................ you beat me to it...... :P

:)
:lol: :lol: :lol: gotta be quicker than that dear hector

:)
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:41 pm :shock: You're nearly as naughty as hector.....
He's losing his touch.
Fear of a female planet?
BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Post by BobHirst »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm OK so topics I'm banned from so not to post anything faintly negative

Anything to do with Bamford
Anything to do with Pontus

Anymore I need to walk on eggshells for ?
You are free to express your opinions but don't expect everyone to agree with you.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:26 pm no use crying over spilled milk .
good championship defender but its all water under the bridge .
hopefully tomorrow night he scores an og gives away a pen and then gets himself sent off !
Just riles me our owners over many years sell our best players & rarely replace them with players of a similar quality, some are never replaced.....the list is endless.

I wonder which average plodders we'll come in for Phillips & Hernandez if we don't go up :duno:
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

SaraM wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:16 pm You've said too much about broken ankles already.
Honey dipped flim flam
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

BobHirst wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:18 pm You are free to express your opinions but don't expect everyone to agree with you.
I never do..I seldom expect anyone to agree with me.
Honey dipped flim flam
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:22 pm I never do..I seldom expect anyone to agree with me.
Whilst I only agree with some of your posts I am always interested to reads your views as I feel you generally have good insights and don't just rush to post without thinking things through or letting emotion cloud better judgement.
Senor El Weasel
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:51 pm Whilst I only agree with some of your posts I am always interested to reads your views as I feel you generally have good insights and don't just rush to post without thinking things through or letting emotion cloud better judgement.
I enjoy posts with raw emotion.

Emotion is what following a football club is all about!
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:51 pm Whilst I only agree with some of your posts I am always interested to reads your views as I feel you generally have good insights and don't just rush to post without thinking things through or letting emotion cloud better judgement.
Ditto, I feel I'm middle ground. Not entirely convinced by Bielsa, thinking he may have gotten things wrong at times. So not a in Bielsa we trust side ..nor am I wanting him to go or thinking if we fail he will absolutely walk away. I'd hope he stays, we never stop learning and I hope he still is learning

I do a lot of college scouting including a bit for a small scouting site but mostly for dynasty where I play a few money leagues for American football players entering the NFL. I make judgments on players all the time based on metrics, record, injury history, attitude and game speed/ability (trust me there's a difference to training well/hard and playing well in games.)

I absolutely think I can apply such things to rating/accessing football players, the more attributes they have the likelier they will be successful at what they do..That's how I reach my conclusions on players..After that it's down to usage and coaching. Good players fail with poor coaching or being used wrongly. Very rarely vice versa. The talent has to be there to start with
Honey dipped flim flam