Ben White

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Ben White

Post by rrfierce »

Hate to say it but i can't see him joining - mainly due to brighton's stance. Shame really as he's such a good player and seems to love playing for Leeds.

Definately a future england international, but signing him would blow a big chunk of our transfer budget.

Good luck Ben hopefully you'll be a united player again one day.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

My player of the season, and would be the first on my list of players to come in permanently. Brighton may be asking silly money, but if we could get him for circa £20 million then I would snap their hands off. He is going to go right to the top. Hopefully, when Radz says we are going to break our record transfer fee, then it is on this guy.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Has been tremendous for us this season, to the point that all those crying about us letting Pontus go had to admit that Ben was an upgrade. Would love him to stay, and I think he'd fancy it, but unless Brighton will sell for £20m or less, than I fear it's a non-runner. Shame as I also think he'll be an international before long. I hope alternates are already being looked at, for him and for Coops. He's been solid this year, and a great skipper, but VAR will punish his holding and wrestling at set pieces and corners.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Once i got buy my sulking stage with Pontus leaving. Then i had them moments of, what's this kid done, he's never even played in the Championship before, we will concede bucket loads from Set-pieces. Glad to say he won me over on all parts of his game after a few matches. White has been fantastic, and yes as a ball playing CB a upgrade on Pontus. I wanted to keep both Btw.

He came to us a £2m rated defender, he goes back with people quoting prices from £20m+. That's Bielsa for ya, and why every club should be sending their young multi-million pound prospects to Leeds for us to improve and the fans marvel at.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Only way he plays for us next year is if it in loan form Liverpool or whichever team sings him. I can’t seeing us matching the fee Brighton will want, would love if we could get him though
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Are centre-backs suppose to do stuff like this :fire:

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

We must do as much as possible to keep Ben. He is a proper investment .

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

dezzy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:17 pm Only way he plays for us next year is if it in loan form Liverpool or whichever team sings him. I can’t seeing us matching the fee Brighton will want, would love if we could get him though
Dont think they would be allowed
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Hes a fantastic player already with the potential to get even better and I would love us to get him here permanently but at probably 30 million It would take up a sizeable chunk of the transfer kitty and whilst I think he would be good, he is unproven at top level. Brighton and their fans do annoy me constantly reminding us he is their player - there fans didn't even know who he was and they have done naff all for him in terms of development but are happy to reap the rewards - that's football though.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Doubt he will perform as well without Bielsa coaching him to be honest
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Will be interesting. Not sure how long is left on his contract but if he hands in a transfer request then it really forces the matter, especially if Brighton cannot offer him guaranteed first team football. He could hand in a transfer request and basically say he only wants to sign for.

The ball is in his court no matter what Brighton say as unless they offer him first team football it would be a lose-lose situation as he would go down in value by not playing, would see his contract length shortening and White would be unhappy too.

So Brighton realistically have to offer him first team football if they want to keep him. If not then yes he could go anywhere but would he want to go to a Man City or Liverpool who probably wouldn't give him first team football. The other options are teams who could offer him starting football but they would be clubs that weren't bigger than Leeds so would it appeal to him to go them instead of Leeds where he has progressed and knows the manager and team etc.
kickgoal
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by kickgoal »

Both good signings, very happy with that
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Get him on a free in 2 years!
1964white

Ben White

Post by 1964white »

Graham Potter confident Ben White will remain with Brighton

Ben White’s loan at Leeds has come to an end, having played every single minute of their Championship-winning campaign.

"Yeah, I am (confident),” he responded when asked if he believes White will remain with the Seagulls.

"He's our player, he's got a long contract with us. I have known Ben for a while, I have been aware of him, wanted to try to sign him when we were at Swansea.

"I know about his qualities. He's a fantastic player. He's done brilliantly at Leeds and helped them get promotion. That's fantastic for them, fantastic for him but he's our player and we're looking forward to working with him."

“Absolutely 100 per cent,” Potter added, when asked if he’s ready to make the step-up to the Premier League.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: Ben White - Brighton coach Potter discusses Ben's future

Post by Byebyegeegee »

This may be Potter trying to increase his value. I don’t know who the current 1st team centre backs at Brighton are (never taken much notice of Premiership teams up till now) but if Ben isn’t guaranteed 1st team football there he might want away anyway, and if the price is right surely we would be his 1st choice. Where there’s life there’s hope.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Money talks. The question is should we spend a hefty wedge of our budget on the lad. Tough one. I’ll leave that to the experts.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

As much as we want Ben we have to be realistic.

Brighton have an owner who is also a fan and consequently he thinks nothing of bankrolling them to the tune of £350mil now with no real expectation of getting it back.

We havent got tons of cash, unless QSI come in we are unlikely to have £30-40mil to spend on a cb.

I wouldn't go any higher then £20mil for Ben and if Brighton want more then move on.

1 great season in the Championship isnt worth any more imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:37 pm This may be Potter trying to increase his value. I don’t know who the current 1st team centre backs at Brighton are (never taken much notice of Premiership teams up till now) but if Ben isn’t guaranteed 1st team football there he might want away anyway, and if the price is right surely we would be his 1st choice. Where there’s life there’s hope.
Brighton signed Adam Webster from Bristol City for £22m last summer allowing us to sign White on loan
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

How did that work out for them?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

rrfierce wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:39 pm Dont think they would be allowed
Why not? If they sign him they can do what they want with him no? Anyway I’ve a feeling he’ll be in a Leeds jersey come September
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..