Ryan Kent

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Ryan Kent

Post by Leeds1000 »

Have to agree its unlikely to happen now. Looked great when he was on loan at Barnsley afew seasons ago, especially against us. (we have a habit of picking up players who play well against us Cooper, White)

With Poveda, Alioski & dallas if needed, waiting in the wings i hope the club would focus on a striker and CB first.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:11 pm Saw him play for Rangers the other day, my thoughts were 'Meh!'
Saw that too. I wanted to see how Roofe got on.

Livingston had parked a 40 toone truck in front of their goal.

Bad game to judge him on.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Just been on the Rangers Bears Den forum. Seems the news hasn't found its way up there yet.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:43 pm Saw that too. I wanted to see how Roofe got on.

Livingston had parked a 40 toone truck in front of their goal.

Bad game to judge him on.
To be honest that is probably the best kind of game to judge him on because in signing him we'd presumably be looking at him as someone who could unlock a defence with a moment of skill, even, or especially, if it was a parked bus defence. What use would he have been to us last year against parked bus championship defences if he can't prise an opening against Livingston?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:21 pm To be honest that is probably the best kind of game to judge him on because in signing him we'd presumably be looking at him as someone who could unlock a defence with a moment of skill, even, or especially, if it was a parked bus defence. What use would he have been to us last year against parked bus championship defences if he can't prise an opening against Livingston?
What use last season?

None, but Costa, at twice the price of Kent, Harrison, who we have such confidence in we would rather not purchase and Bamford all failed repeatedly against the same tactic.

Watch Kent play in the Europa League and you might be surpised to see there is a decent footballer in there.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I don’t really understand why, having seen Bielsa transform fairly average players into champions, everyone is so ready to write Kent off as the player they currently watch at Rangers or a have watched in the Championship in the past.

Bear in mind, the likes of Kent and Wilson were always regarded as having more potential than 90% of their peers - who knows what Marcelo can turn them into.

Maybe he sees something we don’t?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:04 pm What use last season?

None, but Costa, at twice the price of Kent, Harrison, who we have such confidence in we would rather not purchase and Bamford all failed repeatedly against the same tactic.

Watch Kent play in the Europa League and you might be surpised to see there is a decent footballer in there.
Think you have misunderstood the point I was making in that would Kent have been able to unlock the defences that Harrison, Costa PB, etc couldn't last season?

Not really seen anything of Kent to know whether he would be able to but if he can't unlock Livingston would he be able to unlock premiership defences?

Very hard to judge him as the standard of opposition, even most of the time in the Europa League, is dire.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:37 pm Think you have misunderstood the point I was making in that would Kent have been able to unlock the defences that Harrison, Costa PB, etc couldn't last season?

Not really seen anything of Kent to know whether he would be able to but if he can't unlock Livingston would he be able to unlock premiership defences?

Very hard to judge him as the standard of opposition, even most of the time in the Europa League, is dire.

Well Bielsa likes him and seemed unconcerned about your fears, despite probably watching the game on Sunday and knowing a hell of a lot more that we will ever do.

But you are safe, Kent doesnt want to come, he prefers another chance at gubbing Scott Brown. Dont blame him.
'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:06 pm Well Bielsa likes him and seemed unconcerned about your fears, despite probably watching the game on Sunday and knowing a hell of a lot more that we will ever do.

But you are safe, Kent doesnt want to come, he prefers another chance at gubbing Scott Brown. Dont blame him.
Tbh Ryan Kent feels like we are going down the list.

MB's list of targets, ranging from the ambitious and exciting to the meh could do a job.

Kent feels like the 4th or 5th choice.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:41 pm Tbh Ryan Kent feels like we are going down the list.

MB's list of targets, ranging from the ambitious and exciting to the meh could do a job.

Kent feels like the 4th or 5th choice.
Yes it does have that sort of feel. I wonder who apart from the kiddies already signed, will come in.
Hopefully the White saga will resolve itself soon.
'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Seems to have stepped it up this season for Rangers.

Goal and an assist today.

Favourite for the Scottish Premier league player of the year.

Bit unsure about signing players from Scotland but get rid of Costa and Roberts bring in Kent and someone else?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:12 pm Seems to have stepped it up this season for Rangers.

Goal and an assist today.

Favourite for the Scottish Premier league player of the year.

Bit unsure about signing players from Scotland but get rid of Costa and Roberts bring in Kent and someone else?
He was Scottish Young player of the year the season begore last iirc. He was very good in the European games. He plays the wide N10 role. Not good enough for our forumites but Bielsa wanted him

Rangers paid 7.5M for him and wouldn't let us have him last summer.

He would be silly to leave Rangers yet, he is their highest paid player and Rangers are on the cusp of doing something.
'
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

It is difficult to get excited about any player in the Scottish Prem...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:04 pm It is difficult to get excited about any player in the Scottish Prem...
You would have passed on Mark Viduka, Robert Snodgrass, Peter Lorimer, Joe Jordan, Gordon McQueen would you?
'
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Oh and Mel Sterland
'
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:43 pm You would have passed on Mark Viduka, Robert Snodgrass, Peter Lorimer, Joe Jordan, Gordon McQueen would you?
Ok so I didnt put currently... and all I am saying it is easier in the scottish prem to stand out if you have a bit of talent..
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:50 pm Ok so I didnt put currently... and all I am saying it is easier in the scottish prem to stand out if you have a bit of talent..
Nope I'm not having that.
'
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:56 pm Nope I'm not having that.
You are allowed ...
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

The Scottish league now is a million miles from where it was prior to English clubs being readmitted to European competitions.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

I would take him, but only at the right price. £15m I reckon would be a fair price and anything above that would be too much imo.