QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by BobHirst »

For years I have been saying that the only way we will ever again be a top level club is for us to be bought out by billionaire Arabs or Russians or Chinese etc.
If you are content with being a club that has heart and remains in the lower divisions and sometimes flirts with the bottom of the Premier league, then you should be satisfied now because thats where we are.
If you want us to realistically challenge for any top honours again then we need a huge influx of money to enable us to catch up to the current big boys.
The current players try their best but they are not good enough. If having Salah, Hazard, Kane, Maguire, Aguero, De Bruyne or players like them on your team sounds like a good idea then we will only ever attain that if someone like QSI buys the club.
Please be true.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

sadly yes. no secret we need serious investment to move forward . its everything i hate about modern day football but unfortunately you've got to move with the times to succeed .
However i'm not going to get me briefs in a twist over something that might not happen .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:01 pm Just look at Man City. They were similar to us, well supported through the dark times and with no chance of success, now the stadium is dead and soulless, there's no passion and full of tourists. I don't want that to happen with us. I'd rather have the likes of Phillips wearing our shirt than some mercenary on £300k a week.
What happened with City was that you had a bedrock of fans, around 30,000 who went to all the home matches. City were traditionally more of the working class club, in a rundown area of Manchester. A lot of the fans were very much local within walking distance of the stadium. Suddenly the club is taken over and move to a new stadium which holds around 55,000. Now even if all 30,000 fans carried on going to it it won't be filled, it isn't like City fans stopped supporting the club. But what you also have is those working class fans who walked to the stadium and some of them aren't going to able to get to the new stadium (The Etihad Stadium is actually twice as far away from City's old stadium than Old Trafford Stadium is), plus the price of tickets continue to rise, those fans are priced out. That bedrock of fans is still there but maybe instead of 30,000 only 20,000 can now get to the matches. Whereas at Old Trafford you get a lot of support that isn't from Manchester the main support for City is from within the City and surrounding areas. Man Utd extended the size of their stadium slowly and had continued success while doing it so there was always more demand for tickets. City doubled their stadium size overnight.

I don't know how many people have been to the Etihad but the seats are wider than at ER. That in itself can make it almost look empty as it looks like there are gaps instead of like at stadiums like ours where fans are crammed in like sardines. Now if we were taken over then you would imagine we'd either redevelop ER or knock it down and build afresh on the same site. We saw when we were doing well in the premiership that we were selling out the stadium when it was 40,000 capacity so a bigger stadium, especially if the football was good, would get filled - like Arsenal and Tottenham who now have larger stadiums but haven't moved.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Dont you get what is happening here?

The big wigs will plan meet in some top hotel, there will be lawyers everywhere, contracts in hand. Radz will be sitting at one end of the table thinking finally I can sell this liability, finally be able to buy that gold house he has always wanted. Orta will be outside on his smartphone busy cancelling all those dodgy loan deals he had arranged.

Roll out the red carpet.

Around the city places of worship will be full, Christians Moslems, Hindus, and others united in prayer that this is the way back to the Prem. Powerhouse Leeds United. No One Likes Us We Dont Care. Champions of Europe?? Now its possible!

The press will be ready, Sky tv, The Sun, Guardian, Phil Hay having first dibs on interviewing sheik Yerbooty our prospective new owner.

Then. Tension rises, the clock ticks loudly, finally everyone's mobile phone starts chirping... Confusion reigns.

Finally a sunglassed individual enters the room.

"Leeds?? Sorry for the confusion chaps. It was a typo you know how predictive text is...

We meant Leigh Genesis FC. Formerly known as Horwich Railway Mechanics Institute F.C.

Now in the South Lancashire Counties Football League but that will change soon, we have billions".

"But why not us? Stay please, have a sheeps eyeball, we bought them epsecially for this occasion.."

" No thanks, I don't like your badge"
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

All those fans who think we're going to be in the Champions League are delusional. For a start, it's a closed shop now and will become a European Super League. Secondly, we wouldn't be able to spend fortunes anyway because of ffp. I'm lucky (old) enough to have lived the O'Leary era and I'm proud our Champions League run was built on home grown academy players, rather than a sheikh bankrolling fake success.

I don't want blood money funding my club. I don't want people who have nothing to do with football ruining my club.

We are a well run club that is sustainably run, has a passionate loyal fan base and bring through home grown talent year on year, yet some of our fans want to give that all up because we might spend loads of money on mercenaries.

What about our links with Pride and Stonewall? How could we keep that going with Qatari owners?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Its interesting how people view City as now being soulless etc where Liverpool spend similar amounts but are not seen in the same light - is it because City's owners have a slightly darker skin tone? Man Utd not accused of being soulless as they spend obscene amounts on the likes of Pogba and Alexis Sanchez.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Did we not make a loss os 20mil last season? Some in here would rather see us die than take investment which we probably deserve more than most. Take what you can get
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:19 am Its interesting how people view City as now being soulless etc where Liverpool spend similar amounts but are not seen in the same light - is it because City's owners have a slightly darker skin tone? Man Utd not accused of being soulless as they spend obscene amounts on the likes of Pogba and Alexis Sanchez.
Have you not heard about all the "United way" and "class of 92" DNA they keep going on about? Also Man Utd and Liverpool's money comes from natural resources, i.e. commercial income and worldwide fanbases, not some sugar daddy pumping money in.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Doire_Boi wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:35 am Did we not make a loss os 20mil last season? Some in here would rather see us die than take investment which we probably deserve more than most. Take what you can get
No we made a £4m loss. We're sustainably run and nowhere near dying. That's why this hurts, because we are finally heading in the right direction yet fans would be so happy to see us lose the club's soul.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Fans want success but are unable to see that happens only from massive investment in this day and age. Accept it or prepare for an even longer stint in the championship. Obviously this is only rumour but if it's good for others why not us? Not particularly keen on the way football has gone on and off the pitch but everyone has to move with the times unfortunately.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:48 am All those fans who think we're going to be in the Champions League are delusional. For a start, it's a closed shop now and will become a European Super League. Secondly, we wouldn't be able to spend fortunes anyway because of ffp. I'm lucky (old) enough to have lived the O'Leary era and I'm proud our Champions League run was built on home grown academy players, rather than a sheikh bankrolling fake success.

I don't want blood money funding my club. I don't want people who have nothing to do with football ruining my club.

We are a well run club that is sustainably run, has a passionate loyal fan base and bring through home grown talent year on year, yet some of our fans want to give that all up because we might spend loads of money on mercenaries.

What about our links with Pride and Stonewall? How could we keep that going with Qatari owners?
Absolutely spot on. If you have any criticisms of Qatar you'd better get them in now while you still can. Won't be allowed once they've taken over.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/02/28/the-last-of-the-ultras-psg-and-the-repression-of-football-fans-in-france/
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Link above doesn't seem to work.

https://twitter.com/dubasfisher/status/1132561585539567616?s=21
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Still not working. Don't know why, you'll have to look it up for yourselves. Fans banned and prosecuted for criticising QSI, in a nutshell.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:01 am Still not working. Don't know why, you'll have to look it up for yourselves. Fans banned and prosecuted for criticising QSI, in a nutshell.
There you go Sara
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:50 am Fans want success but are unable to see that happens only from massive investment in this day and age. Accept it or prepare for an even longer stint in the championship. Obviously this is only rumour but if it's good for others why not us? Not particularly keen on the way football has gone on and off the pitch but everyone has to move with the times unfortunately.
I don't get why fans support Leeds for the glory, it's not like we ever have any! I've had enough heartbreak to last a lifetime with this club, but it's the emotional pull that makes me want to come back for more, even though we know what will happen.

I watched the FA Cup Final and it was so boring. Where is the fun in that? I cheered so hard for Ajax, because they are for me what football should be all about. I despise clubs like Man City and PSG. I always said if we became that I'd stop watching football altogether.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:11 am There you go Sara
:tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:25 am I don't get why fans support Leeds for the glory, it's not like we ever have any!
Are you not aware of our Glory Years SG ?

Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 11.53.26.png
Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 11.53.26.png (67.87 KiB) Viewed 3317 times
Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 11.54.23.png
Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 11.54.23.png (25.12 KiB) Viewed 3317 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz will probably not sell anyway because he is stubborn and a little bit delusional.

If the Qatari people did takeover then they would ensure success, they just would, no way they would allow themselves to be owners of an unsuccessful club. It wouldn't happen over night but it would happen.

As for the bad side of them, human rights and stuff thats bad but Russia, China, Egypt and the USA were highlighted for human rights breaches by Amnesty International in their last report.

So thats Liverpool, Villa, Wolves etc.

The Man City owners to.

Its terrible what goes on but it happens all over the world.

Radz took us to a country in the midst of a Genocide where at least 10k people have been murdered, it was funded by a guy whose very wealth is down to very close links to the very people behind that genocide, he did that to benifit himself, not Leeds FC.

So i dont see how we can say "oh no no bad Qatar investors dont want those".

But then be like yeah ok Radz is good when some of his money is earned on the backs of the murders of thousands of innocent people.

I fully expect this to come to nothing and we will remain skint but as far as LUFC are concerned i just want us to be successful again and if the owners invest in the club and make that happen then I'm all for them.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 am Are you not aware of our Glory Years SG ?

Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 11.53.26.pngScreenshot 2019-05-26 at 11.54.23.png
Yes but it was sporadic really and unless you were around for the Revie era, you haven't really seen a dynasty at the club. I see supporting Leeds, like supporting Newcastle, passionate fans who love the club, rather than supporting the club because we are successful. It's not like being a Man Utd or Liverpool fan who supported them because they were the best at the time. Not sure how their fanbases would cope going through what we have.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 amRadz took us to a country in the midst of a Genocide where at least 10k people have been murdered, it was funded by a guy whose very wealth is down to very close links to the very people behind that genocide, he did that to benifit himself, not Leeds FC.

So i dont see how we can say "oh no no bad Qatar investors dont want those".

But then be like yeah ok Radz is good when some of his money is earned on the backs of the murders of thousands of innocent people.
Not one fan supported that tour and he got pelters for it and rightly so. Even the Commons got involved ffs, it brought nothing but bad press on the club. I thought it was disgusting that he was using our club to line his coffers and after that, I lost all respect for him.