Mallik Wilks

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Mallik Wilks

Post by Ratscoot »

A young player with obviously plenty of talent, my mates a Donny fan and they all raved about him, but they also nick named him the Gangster as he strutted about like one on and off the pitch. I think Leeds would keep him, maybe loan out this season in the Championship but for the court case as said previously it’s an issue and they obviously know more about it than we do and don’t want to be associated with the bad press
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Leeds United forward Mallik Wilks has joined fellow Sky Bet Championship side Barnsley for an undisclosed fee.

Would like to thank everyone at Leeds United for the past 6 years at the club, all the staff with my progression and the players I got to play with. Sometimes things are just out of your control in football I felt I deserved a chance to provemself after last season but that's football for you. On a positive note would like to wish all the fans and the club all the best in the future.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:55 pm Leeds United forward Mallik Wilks has joined fellow Sky Bet Championship side Barnsley for an undisclosed fee.
Must be because of the court case as others have said.

Do wish we would stop pushing our own academy graduates out of the door though while hoovering up others.

We arent Man City :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 pm Must be because of the court case as others have said.

Do wish we would stop pushing our own academy graduates out of the door though while hoovering up others.

We arent Man City :lol:

Was amke or break at his age too, plenty of competition in the first team out wide and plenty of competition in the U23s from the younger age levels.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Wilks well behind Roofe Bamford Roberts in terms of talent, probably behind Kun, Edmondson. Mujica would knock him down to 7 at best and probably playing out his contract on loan or in the reserves

Just normal football club business, and even if he's a 20 goal success at Barnsley doesn't mean he'd do that for us under much much greater pressure.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"