2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he's gone personally and we'll need a new keeper we'll probably loan from PSG once we're their feeder club..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:01 am I think he's gone personally and we'll need a new keeper we'll probably loan from PSG once we're their feeder club..
Kevin Trapp maybe
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote: Would imagine we need that to be true because the Costa rumour without them seems a non starter.

Doubt he would be cheap.
Costa fortune

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote: Kevin Trapp maybe
Westwood

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:01 am I think he's gone personally and we'll need a new keeper we'll probably loan from PSG once we're their feeder club..
We won't be the feeder club given time

The Qatar group are interested in Leeds with the premiership in mind which is a far better league than the French Ligue, they'll be looking to compete with the likes of Citeh, Liverpool, Spurs & Man U hopefully the season after next !
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Bristol City's Josh Brownhill is the latest name to come up. Thoughts?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mothbanquet wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:01 pm Bristol City's Josh Brownhill is the latest name to come up. Thoughts?
Not been mentioned by Phil Hay, so it'll just be his agent trying to get him a better deal.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:55 am Westwood

Can't see it myself good shot stopper but we need a sweeper keeper to suit the system.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:55 am Westwood

When did PSG sign him? :duno:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

weasel wrote: Can't see it myself good shot stopper but we need a sweeper keeper to suit the system.
I would like to see Mccarthy from Southampton. HE did well for us when on loan.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bit pointless this until we sort out who owns us...If QVC take over then we'll be expecting a lot more than we can afford right now
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

I'll take Trapp although he maybe first choice at PSG next season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Football Insider reporting that we have asked Liverpool about taking Ryan Kent and Harry Wilson on loan.

Phil Hay saying the Costa interest is real but atm it is just interest (wont happen imo we havent any money).

Jack Harrison is "likely" according to Phil (god knows why)

And Ben White interest to.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Harrison would be a good signing. Bielsa clearly rates him and we rate Bielsa, plus he began to flash end of season. We've also already put a lot of work in. Loan to buy would be my hope without any silly clauses about play and not pay.

There's a player there
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ryan Kent another winger that doesn't score or create. When will we learn we need more goals from the wing and from number 10 position, rather than expecting the strikers to score all the goals?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We were told we were after quality loans and bargains so will wait and see.

What worries me is we really suck at getting them over the line and end up with backup players.

Barnes, Wilson, James, Vydra.
Harrison Baker, Brown, Bamford.

Hopefully we can finally give MB some quality.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Read Phil wrong, Costa is a real possibility but not there yet.

Matej Vydra is for sale from Burnley . . . . . We should be all over that!!!
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:13 pm Ryan Kent another winger that doesn't score or create. When will we learn we need more goals from the wing and from number 10 position, rather than expecting the strikers to score all the goals?
Played 27 scored 6 assists 4 in the league.

Scored a few last season... he has pace, quick feet with a bit of flair and a couple of tricks also isn't afraid to run at people. Can shoot from outside the box too.

Harrison looks like a carthorse in comparison. If teams set themselves up against us the way they did last time I cant see how Harrison will ever be able to break them down.

Also Kent he looks like a big match player. That said I doubt Stevie G will let him leave Scotland
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:17 pm Played 27 scored 6 assists 4 in the league.

Scored a few last season... he has pace, quick feet with a bit of flair and a couple of tricks also isn't afraid to run at people. Can shoot from outside the box too.

Harrison looks like a carthorse in comparison. If teams set themselves up against us the way they did last time I cant see how Harrison will ever be able to break them down.

Also Kent he looks like a big match player. That said I doubt Stevie G will let him leave Scotland
He scored 2 goals for Barnsley in 16/17 and none for Bristol City in 17/18. Scoring less than 10 in L1 standard SPL does not scream promotion standard.

I'm starting to get pissed off now. We say we're going to focus on loans, yet shite like Harrison, Kent and Brighton defender on loan at Peterborough is the best we can do. Let's be honest, Costa is just the usual hot air/attention seeking from Radz to pretend we're looking at good players and we won't sign him.

How about we use Bielsa to start attracting quality on loan?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:45 pm He scored 2 goals for Barnsley in 16/17 and none for Bristol City in 17/18. Scoring less than 10 in L1 standard SPL does not scream promotion standard.

I'm starting to get pissed off now. We say we're going to focus on loans, yet shite like Harrison, Kent and Brighton defender on loan at Peterborough is the best we can do. Let's be honest, Costa is just the usual hot air/attention seeking from Radz to pretend we're looking at good players and we won't sign him.

How about we use Bielsa to start attracting quality on loan?
Im willing to wait a while but if £5mil is genuinely our loan budget then not going to get excited, thats peanuts even for loans.

Harry Wilson was £2.5mil just for the loan fee never mind the wages and Villa paid over £1mil just in loan fees for Mings, Abraham and El Ghazi as well as a large chunk of all there wages (reportedly all of El Ghazi's £30k wages which is about £1.5mil)

£5mil is not going to get more then 1 quality loan so will wait and see.
Signed

King Cjay