Mateusz Bogusz

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Mateusz Bogusz

Post by Cjay »

The young Polish midfielder joined yesterday.

Expected to join up with the u23s originally there is actually a possibility that he may be the replacement for Samu Saiz.

Though only 17 Napoli saw enough in him to offer him a trial, thats no small feet, Napoli are known for there scouting prowess.

He is usually a number 10 and despite the questionable level he was playing at you can see the pace, quick feet and close control in the highlight video, thats natural at any level.

Also the young man himself has said he has been told that he will be playing for the 1st team this year if he progresses as the club expect.

“I will be training and playing in the Under-23s team, but I was told that I will also participate in the first team’s activities,” Bogusz said. “The club’s plan is to prepare me for the constant presence and play in the first team during the first half-year. Everything depends on me, of course.”

Given MB has shown a keen eye for talent in the past (handing Mascherano his international debut before his club debut).

Maybe the replacement for Saiz and Baker that we do need imo, maybe he has just arrived.

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Mateusz Bogusz

Post by weasel »

Could be that he is utilised the same way Clarke was as a bit of an impact sub. 15 to 20 minutes left and we bring on a pacy tricky player would be an opposition defender's nightmare.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Looks a live wire. As Weasel says, perhaps a game changer coming on from the bench
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

This kid looks every bit like a class player.
Fast and can certainly finish well ..top quality.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just saw this on Youtube

Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

This kid could be special, takes the pressure off him going to the U23s, let’s him settle into life in a new country and learn the style of play at Leeds. Great business
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Great bit of film.
Only a few shirt clips of him in action but he certainly looks the real deal.
I intend to watch the U23's at Colchester in March so I might get to see him play.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:59 pm The young Polish midfielder joined yesterday.

Expected to join up with the u23s originally there is actually a possibility that he may be the replacement for Samu Saiz.

Though only 17 Napoli saw enough in him to offer him a trial, thats no small feet, Napoli are known for there scouting prowess.

He is usually a number 10 and despite the questionable level he was playing at you can see the pace, quick feet and close control in the highlight video, thats natural at any level.

Also the young man himself has said he has been told that he will be playing for the 1st team this year if he progresses as the club expect.

“I will be training and playing in the Under-23s team, but I was told that I will also participate in the first team’s activities,” Bogusz said. “The club’s plan is to prepare me for the constant presence and play in the first team during the first half-year. Everything depends on me, of course.”

Given MB has shown a keen eye for talent in the past (handing Mascherano his international debut before his club debut).

Maybe the replacement for Saiz and Baker that we do need imo, maybe he has just arrived.

I've never heard of that before - Think he is their record cap holder too.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Be great if he always plays to the Game of Thrones soundtrack.

He has got a bit of the Jamie Lannister about him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:27 pm Be great if he always plays to the Game of Thrones soundtrack.

He has got a bit of the Jamie Lannister about him.
Missing his right hand is he?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Suppose that's better than having a touch of Tyrion Lannister about him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:35 pm Missing his right hand is he?
Not yet.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lol
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

3 games now is it? 2 assists today, very unlucky not to have another 1 or 2 and score a goal or two.

Can tell he has played first team football, at any level can see it in how he plays the game, more composure and strength then you would expect from a 17 year old.

Great touch and vision, some of his slide rule passes are Hernandez like.

Will we see him in the 1st team before the season ends?
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:20 pm 3 games now is it? 2 assists today, very unlucky not to have another 1 or 2 and score a goal or two.

Can tell he has played first team football, at any level can see it in how he plays the game, more composure and strength then you would expect from a 17 year old.

Great touch and vision, some of his slide rule passes are Hernandez like.

Will we see him in the 1st team before the season ends?

Who do you think is more likely to feature more for the first team this season, Bogusz or Brown?

Brown seems to rip it up in the U23s but looked languid and well of the pace when he game on the other day.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Rather see Bogusz, he's ours not Chelsea's
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ditto
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:59 pm Who do you think is more likely to feature more for the first team this season, Bogusz or Brown?

Brown seems to rip it up in the U23s but looked languid and well of the pace when he game on the other day.
Brown clearly the more developed, but if Bielsa cant trust him to put in 100% he will never play, wont matter that he is costing us a decent figure now.

Head says Brown, heart says Bogusz because as others say, he is ours.

A fully fit Izzy Brown yes, but atm I'd rather see Bogusz.

Had reservations about Brown from the start.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Boy done good.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hashtag ...Better than Alex James