Dan James

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Dan James - DONE DEAL

Post by 1964white »

Dan James vs. Newcastle:

61 mins played
31 touches
9/12 successful passes
6 duels won
5 penalty box touches
4/6 final third passes
2 shots
2 successful take-ons
2/2 tackles won
0/2 successful crosses
2 fouls
1 chance created
1 interception
1 penalty that should have been won

Screenshot 2021-09-18 17.10.10.png
1964white

Re: Dan James

Post by 1964white »

What did you think of Dan James performance v the Barcodes?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:16 pm What did you think of Dan James performance v the Barcodes?
Not much really, works hard, pressesd well and does the defensive stuff well but as an attacking force I get strong Costa one trick pony vibes and at the end of the day wingers are signed to score and create goals.

Just don't think this was the right decision and saw nothing vs Newcastle to change my mind.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:58 pm Not much really, works hard, pressesd well and does the defensive stuff well but as an attacking force I get strong Costa one trick pony vibes and at the end of the day wingers are signed to score and create goals.

Just don't think this was the right decision and saw nothing vs Newcastle to change my mind.
Only a 6/10 rating for me, should be expecting more from a new signing that costs us £25m :o
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

I liked the positions he took up, some clever runs, good on the ball.. I scored him an 8 for his starting debut and he looked the part.
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Firpo- Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:00 pm I liked the positions he took up, some clever runs, good on the ball.. I scored him an 8 for his starting debut and he looked the part.
Unlucky not to get a penalty.
Johnboy1965
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Stats gave a better impression than his actual performance.
Thought he looked bang average at best and didn't offer anything different to what we have with Harrison.
25M wasted on a winger when we needed a midfielder.
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

Dan is the kick and run type so he will be a great asset on our breaks but as for taking on and beating his marker I'm not so sure but Bielsa hasn't had time to work his magic yet.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:40 pm 25M wasted on a winger when we needed a midfielder.
Written off as a waste after 1 start!

Think Raphinha's first start was a 0-1 home defeat to Wolves. I hope he never played again...
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:40 pm Stats gave a better impression than his actual performance.
Thought he looked bang average at best and didn't offer anything different to what we have with Harrison.
25M wasted on a winger when we needed a midfielder.
Fortunately nobody else will be judging him after 1 start
Johnboy1965
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnboy1965 »

I can hardly judge him on more than one start now can I.
He may well prove to be decent but I can only judge on what I've seen so far.
If you think 25M was money well spent on a position where we have more than adequate cover rather than a cm which is obviously where we needed to spend then I think you must be deluded
Johnboy1965
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Mountain wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:13 pm Written off as a waste after 1 start!

Think Raphinha's first start was a 0-1 home defeat to Wolves. I hope he never played again...
Yeah but we needed a winger then but now we don't.
CM is where we needed to strengthen or don't you watch any Leeds games?
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Love the way Leeds fans think buying players id like popping into your local supermarket and getting exactly what you want then paying for it ... no thought that said target may not want to live in Leeds, Want to play for Bielsa, want to pay for the money we offer, and a whole host of other reasons including negotiations with their team

James became available at a reasonable price so we got him, We only had 3 starting wingers before he came. and we moved Costa out on loan quickly afterwards... Maybe we didn't get a chance at a CMF ...
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Firpo- Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

danhirons wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 am Fortunately nobody else will be judging him after 1 start
Jack Harrison's first start - did nothing of note, KP, Cooper and Dallas most fans would have given away for peanuts even after a season or two. Koch's first game looked shaky and gave away a penalty. Struyjk came on as we threw away 3 points v Cardiff. Countless more players have been judged too early and written off.

Peculiar that people judge players after 1 or 2 matches when they are playing with players they haven't played with before and playing in a new way too.
Senor El Weasel
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:11 pm Yeah but we needed a winger then but now we don't.
Two wingers is hardly enough.

Plus it is likely that Raph could be moved inside as an AMF
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tbf people were only answering a question, giving their opinion on his debut.

I saw nothing to change my mind on my opinion of him , that's all

Early days of course
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:11 pm Yeah but we needed a winger then but now we don't.
Evidently Marcelo Bielsa and I don't watch Leeds as much as you... :)
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

weasel wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:54 pm Jack Harrison's first start - did nothing of note, KP, Cooper and Dallas most fans would have given away for peanuts even after a season or two. Koch's first game looked shaky and gave away a penalty. Struyjk came on as we threw away 3 points v Cardiff. Countless more players have been judged too early and written off.

Peculiar that people judge players after 1 or 2 matches when they are playing with players they haven't played with before and playing in a new way too.
I remember trying to defend Kalvin before Bielsa arrived as he was written off here as "never gonna be good enough to play in the Championship"
Johnboy1965
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:01 pm Two wingers is hardly enough.

Plus it is likely that Raph could be moved inside as an AMF
Did you think Raph would be moved inside as an AMF when we bought him as winger?
If so could you tell me the winning lottery tickets for next week! :)

My point was why did we need to spend the 25M on another winger when we are crying out for a CM.
Johnboy1965
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Mountain wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:26 pm Evidently Marcelo Bielsa and I don't watch Leeds as much as you... :)
So you think we're ok in CM and didn't need to strengthen ? Genuine question.

If so can you explain why teams are constantly carving us up through the middle of the park.