Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by The Subhuman »

I give getting a pen an assist, as it should be. No pen no goal
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 pm I give getting a pen an assist, as it should be. No pen no goal
I agree with you there - if you earn a penalty it is far more of an assist than for example Kalvin Phillips getting an assist for Harrison's goal v Liverpool simply because he passed it to Harrison.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Made a good start to this season . Have to say that I have been critical of him frequently in the past year or more . I did watch a video of all last season's goals and when you watch that you sort of see that he does a lot more for the team and a lot of work . Yes , you could get a more prolific striker , but I think overall the team may suffer . This side is really a sum of all it's parts and though I hadn't seen it , Bamford does a lot of work , set up many goals last season . Just a shame his finishing isn't better but he brings others into the game . A Fowler/Shearer type may not be suited overall to the Bielsa game , it might take away a lot of the effectiveness of the side overall .
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Clacton White wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:27 pm Made a good start to this season . Have to say that I have been critical of him frequently in the past year or more . I did watch a video of all last season's goals and when you watch that you sort of see that he does a lot more for the team and a lot of work . Yes , you could get a more prolific striker , but I think overall the team may suffer . This side is really a sum of all it's parts and though I hadn't seen it , Bamford does a lot of work , set up many goals last season . Just a shame his finishing isn't better but he brings others into the game . A Fowler/Shearer type may not be suited overall to the Bielsa game , it might take away a lot of the effectiveness of the side overall .
His all round play was excellent in the first 2 games. Today he ran around a lot for little reward. Worked really well just didn't find much going for him. But he was there when it mattered today. 3 in 3. It's a great start.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:01 pm His all round play was excellent in the first 2 games. Today he ran around a lot for little reward. Worked really well just didn't find much going for him. But he was there when it mattered today. 3 in 3. It's a great start.
Cracking start to the season for Paddy, please for him
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:37 pm Cracking start to the season for Paddy, please for him
Paddy's all round game has been fantastic (more so in the first 2 games than today) and his finishing has been right on point too. It will be interesting as Rodrigo gets more time. Roddy is definitely a better player and I'm sure, once he settles in, he'll offer more at #9 than Bamford does. For now though, I think Rodrigo is going to be playing in the Pablo role as long as Pablo is injured (maybe beyond)
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Bamford has really stepped up to the mark in fairness to him so far
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lovely turn & pass from Rodrigo, fantastic cross from Jack & a wonderful downward header from Paddy

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bamford - why is he doing so well for you?

Bielsa
It’s a very difficult question to answer because you have to make comparisons and in football it’s hard to make comparisons. To make conclusions ahead of time is also not good. What allows you to have good opinions or more concrete opinions are the performances over a period of time. For example, how do we judge Meslier, who conceded seven in two and then made important saves against Sheffield United? So we must wait a longer period of time to establish more concrete opinions which would be better. In the case of Bamford, to have an opinion on 27 games I have not seen. Or to consider his efficiency in the Championship. Or the efficiency he currently has, which doesn’t say much in only three games.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Patrick Bamford vs. Aston Villa:

28 touches
12 touches in the box OK hand
9 shots :fire:
4 shots on-target
3 aerial duels won
3 goals ⚽⚽⚽
2 chances created

Sensational performance from our hat-trick hero. Match ball. ⚽

Screenshot 2020-10-24 at 07.54.53.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Marcelo Bielsa: "I'm very happy for Patrick [Bamford] because he scored some wonderful goals. Apart from that he is a noble player who sacrifices a lot for the team - generous also. I think his development is more to do with him and less to do with me."
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a hattrick? Paddy could have had two hattricks

His first PL hattrick

Remember his last one prior to last night? of course you do!

Pleased for our No.9

Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:02 am
Remember his last one prior to last night? of course you do!
Too well :? :poorly:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wont be long until the press start banging on about Paddy being called up to the England squad so that Southgate can undo years of good coaching in a few weeks.

He should have had more yesterday but he took his goals so well.

I love the 3rd goal, silky.

Bergkamp like ive seen said, really was.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:50 am Wont be long until the press start banging on about Paddy being called up to the England squad so that Southgate can undo years of good coaching in a few weeks.

He should have had more yesterday but he took his goals so well.

I love the 3rd goal, silky.

Bergkamp like ive seen said, really was.
Let's hope there's more to come. Tempted to say those two goals were beyond him and we won't likely see them again. But who knows? Bielsa just keeps working his magic with these players.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lovely to see...

6 in 6
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Second goal was easily the best of the three, instinctive, well struck...nothing the defence could have done about it. Fulham still his best game by a distance though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bamford for England :eng:
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:26 pm Bamford for England :eng:
Memories of Kalvin there ‘64