Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Velotrax

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Velotrax »

mav wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:30 pm sneaking closer to the goal every 2 games for us too.
:tup:
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

This stat is excellent. You could not ask for more from Paddy so far this season.

On current pace he would get 25 goals this season. (Vardy got the golden boot last season with 23)

Not sure whether he’ll get 25 as a bit of rough form is inevitable for any player. I think he’ll get about 20 - which would be an unbelievable return.

Bamford last season in the Championship - 16 goals in 45 games (0.35 goals per game)

This season - 10 goals in 15 (0.67 goals per game)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:36 pm Aye, Paddy has answered his critics this season, and I'll be the first to admit I didn't think he was up to it.

Really pleased with how he has worked his arse off to improve his game and is a great role model for our younger fan base to aspire to. Credit to himself, the club, and everyone involved.
Likewise . Got 10 goals now , I thought he'd be lucky to get this amount in the whole season. Just maybe better suited to Premier League than championship , maybe 🤔.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

gessa

Post by gessa »

Well played Paddy
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Absolutely...wonderful gesture ... :clap:
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Top bloke, a genuine guy
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A wonderful gesture Paddy

Top man :clape:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Class act is Paddy. No matter how you rate him as a forward, he's a top guy and epitomises what Marcel Bielsa has done to Leeds United as a whole.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Well done Paddy.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Lovely stuff Patrick.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Patrick Bamford v Leicester City:

36 touches
5 penalty box touches
5/6 final third passes
3 big chances :fire:
3 aerial duels won
3 ball recoveries
2 shots on-target
2 assists :gold: :gold:
1 goal ⚽
1 interception

Majestic performance & directly involved in all 3 Leeds goals :clape:

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 18.00.38.png
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:04 pm Patrick Bamford v Leicester City:

36 touches
5 penalty box touches
5/6 final third passes
3 big chances :fire:
3 aerial duels won
3 ball recoveries
2 shots on-target
2 assists :gold: :gold:
1 goal ⚽
1 interception

Majestic performance & directly involved in all 3 Leeds goals :clape:

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 18.00.38.png
Should have been two goals also...How Schmeikel kept that header out was a little bit mesmorising ...as you say Leon a Majestic perormance .....
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

We'd be struggling without the old lads contribution this season. Pleased for him.....
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

BEAST

turned it around enormously from last season, where would we be without him! his value must be skyrocketing
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

A wonderful performance today.
I was all for starting someone else after the last game but fortunately Bielsa didn't listen to me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:07 pm Should have been two goals also...How Schmeikel kept that header out was a little bit mesmorising ...as you say Leon a Majestic perormance .....
Unbelievable save how he squeezed that ball from under the bar, my first thought was it had crossed the line, sadly not after seeing a replay.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He was excellent today after some poor performances.

He is a good egg Paddy.

Having a really weird season though.

No Premier league player has missed more big chances (13).

And yet he is the joint 4th top scorer in the league.

He has the 7th best minutes to goal ratio in the league ahead of people like Rashford, Ings and Mane.

And only Kane and Vardy have more Premier league goal involvements (goals or assists) than Bamford out of English strikers.

Its been a great season for Paddy really but you then look at the chances missed and wonder is he clinical ? Or is it law of averages ie we create tons of chances?

Regardless on merit he goes to the Euros atm.

Gooo on Pads.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:12 pm No Premier league player has missed more big chances (13).
I would be sceptical about the big chances missed. I recall him getting knocked earlier on in the season for a couple of 'easy' chances missed that fell to his right foot. To me that is not a big chance if it is on your weaker foot. Likewise today he scored but that for me would be described as a half chance at best, similar with a couple of the Villa goals. So he has missed some chances he should have scored and scored some that he shouldn't.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:12 pm He was excellent today after some poor performances.

He is a good egg Paddy.

Having a really weird season though.

No Premier league player has missed more big chances (13).

And yet he is the joint 4th top scorer in the league.

He has the 7th best minutes to goal ratio in the league ahead of people like Rashford, Ings and Mane.

And only Kane and Vardy have more Premier league goal involvements (goals or assists) than Bamford out of English strikers.

Its been a great season for Paddy really but you then look at the chances missed and wonder is he clinical ? Or is it law of averages ie we create tons of chances?

Regardless on merit he goes to the Euros atm.

Gooo on Pads.
I think he's a fairly inconsistent finisher, however I can see how he fits in well with the system. He's not a poacher fox in the box striker - more like a false no 9. He drops quite deep sometimes, and often drifts to the right, where he creates space in the middle for the FBs or the 10 as he drags the CBs wide. You saw that today, with Dallas underlapping him as Bamford went wide to the right. He is a particularly good passer of the ball for a striker, so he helps the system through exchanging passes and one twos with the wingers, midfielders and FBs, thereby linking play. He also helps the system by leading the press and through defending.