Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:26 pm Bamford for England :eng:
I think you should check the gas Leon :o
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:38 pm I think you should check the gas Leon :o
Blowin' in the wind Ian :lol:
gessa

Re: Patrick Bamford for England

Post by gessa »

Garth Crooks opinion after putting him in his team of the week, Ayling made the 11 too.

Patrick Bamford: I saw this lad play when he was a scholar at Chelsea and thought he was an exceptional finisher but couldn't play. I was fascinated with his moves to various clubs and followed his progress but never thought he was good enough for the Premier League.

What I've seen so far this season from him only increased my curiosity. His hat-trick against Aston Villa on Friday won my respect and admiration. Goals two and three were top-class finishes but his willingness to work for the team has left me mesmerised. I have deliberately resisted selecting Bamford for my Team of the Week because I wasn't sure about him. I am now.
Bennyfishel
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Bennyfishel »

It only seems about 3 months ago Leeds supporters were writing on the forums Bamford wasn't good enough as a striker and saying LEEDS shoulder let him go it appears now he is the best thing since sliced bread and also Neville appears to be in love with him as he is now showing comparisons with Bamford to Ronaldino,I prefer to believe he is "EXTRACTING THE URINE". I would never feel jealous over Nevilles I,Q level anyway. :o
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Bennyfishel wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:08 pm It only seems about 3 months ago Leeds supporters were writing on the forums Bamford wasn't good enough as a striker and saying LEEDS shoulder let him go it appears now he is the best thing since sliced bread and also Neville appears to be in love with him as he is now showing comparisons with Bamford to Ronaldino,I prefer to believe he is "EXTRACTING THE URINE". I would never feel jealous over Nevilles I,Q level anyway. :o
Not all of us were were writing "he was not good enough" and we "should let him go"...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bennyfishel wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:08 pm It only seems about 3 months ago Leeds supporters were writing on the forums Bamford wasn't good enough as a striker and saying LEEDS shoulder let him go it appears now he is the best thing since sliced bread and also Neville appears to be in love with him as he is now showing comparisons with Bamford to Ronaldino,I prefer to believe he is "EXTRACTING THE URINE". I would never feel jealous over Nevilles I,Q level anyway. :o
Still going strong Benny.... :tup:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Well said Paddy.
:x
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

An error so bad it needs to be apologised for. A clear ignorence of the rules from the ref

These incidents change games...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Well technically VAR made the right call according to the rules. The issue is the rules and how strictly VAR is applying them. Literally Noone was calling for that to be offside. In Germany before the bar check the commentator was like...is there any offside...watches replay...no definitely no offside....haha
gessa

Post by gessa »

On 5 live, Matthew Upson was bewildered by the decision. He said, if I was Patrick Bamford or anyone associated with Leeds United, I'd be fuming.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:51 am Well technically VAR made the right call according to the rules. The issue is the rules and how strictly VAR is applying them. Literally Noone was calling for that to be offside. In Germany before the bar check the commentator was like...is there any offside...watches replay...no definitely no offside....haha
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... ---offside

A player is in an offside position if:
any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
second-last opponent or
last two opponents
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Stan »

2 great finishes with one unbelievably ruled out yesterday but lets not forget the header he should have buried that came off the shoulder, mind you a England cap would be like a stroll around the park for him with all the running and dropping back he does for us. Admirable but crazy at times.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Stan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:45 am 2 great finishes with one unbelievably ruled out yesterday but lets not forget the header he should have buried that came off the shoulder, mind you a England cap would be like a stroll around the park for him with all the running and dropping back he does for us. Admirable but crazy at times.
I think he has done well to improve his finishing with his feet, however his heading of the ball is just embarrassing. That fluffed header was one of many over the last season and a half. He has height on his side, so he needs intense coaching on that side of his game.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

International football is a step down to be fair so he should do fairly well if selected.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Patrick Bamford's goal yesterday made him the joint-top scoring player in Marcelo Bielsa's managerial career with 34 goals.

34 Patrick Bamford (Leeds)
34 Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao)
28 Cristian Domizzi (Newell's Old Boys & Atlas)
24 Markel Susaeta (Athletic Bilbao)

Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 18.10.10.png
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 18.10.10.png (468.98 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I thought if he could get 8 goals, that'd be a good season for him. He's already reached that target and looks nailed on for double figures, which be a terrific season for him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:12 pm I thought if he could get 8 goals, that'd be a good season for him. He's already reached that target and looks nailed on for double figures, which be a terrific season for him.
It's a good job Paddy has scored eight goals as there are not enough coming from the rest of the squad
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Edited
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I often felt that Bamford would do better in the Premier League than in the Championship because teams wouldn't park the bus against us and he's have more room to operate.

Yesterday's goal was a good example. I don't recall him ever having that much room to run in behind a defense in the lower league.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Really good goal yesterday. Great run, decent control and very quick adjustment of his feet to strike as quickly as he did. He’s playing with confidence now. He expects to score these days and that has made the difference for him this season.