Recommended TV Drama

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by 1964white »

Lorimer46 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:00 pm Just watched Grace. Really enjoyed it , apart from the constant ad breaks that is . It may have taken Peter James a few years to get it made but he maintained said he wouldn't make until he was completely happy with everything, it was however definitely worth the wait . I remembered the jist of the story although it a few years since I read that particular book . John Simm was excellent in the lead role and he was well supported. Looking forward to seeing the next story
Glad you enjoyed it :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watching the third part of 'Unforgotten' now
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Have only watched episode 1 but i have heard good things about Your Honor.

Stars Bryan Cranston and the criminally underrated Michael Stuhlbarg.

Also really enjoyed Prodigal Son with Michael Sheen.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Unforgotten is top class as usual, I'm halfway through #4
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

I'm watching Queens gambit
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:26 am Unforgotten is top class as usual, I'm halfway through #4
Excellent series Faaip :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finished watching the 2nd series of 'Line Of Duty'

Looking forward to the new series at the weekend.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:34 pm I'm watching Queens gambit
Probably the finest series in recent years. Wait for that scene where Beth greets Beltik at her front door leaning against the porch as he exits his car.. a stunning visual
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Also I love the ending where the White Queen gets out the car to walk through the estate to where they play chess outside in Moscow
Last edited by The Subhuman on Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hector

Post by hector »

Nothing like a spoiler is there faaip??
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't think I'm spoiling anything tbh ....
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Your Honor was excellent , Flight Attendant is a good bit of light relief
VincentJames88
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @IllsleyVincent

Post by VincentJames88 »

LUFC 1966 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:36 am Your Honor was excellent , Flight Attendant is a good bit of light relief
I am currently on ep 5 on 'Your Honor' and loving this so far, definitely recommend it
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Watching the Chernobyl series again....its incredibly moving, especially after we watched Ben Fogle's documentary about Chernobyl/Pripyat beforehand. Some scenes are wretched though.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:08 am Watching the Chernobyl series again....its incredibly moving, especially after we watched Ben Fogle's documentary about Chernobyl/Pripyat beforehand. Some scenes are wretched though.
I really enjoyed Chernobyl. It was a difficult watch at times some of the scenes where pretty hard especially as it was al true . The behaviour of the Russian authorities , during and since the disaster is shocking, the fact that they tried to say that the program was all lies and propaganda was terrible. I may go back and watch it again once I've worked my way through the various box sets I've have recorded on my sky box
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lorimer46 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:46 pm I really enjoyed Chernobyl. It was a difficult watch at times some of the scenes where pretty hard especially as it was al true . The behaviour of the Russian authorities , during and since the disaster is shocking, the fact that they tried to say that the program was all lies and propaganda was terrible. I may go back and watch it again once I've worked my way through the various box sets I've have recorded on my sky box
If you do watch again Lorimer, it's well worth watching the Ben Fogle documentary before hand. He actually goes inside the reactor that blew (only allowed in for 30 mins) and walks round what was Pripyat, the abandoned kids play area, and it shows that when you watch the series, how close to the real thing the drama is....awesome viewing
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:35 pm If you do watch again Lorimer, it's well worth watching the Ben Fogle documentary before hand. He actually goes inside the reactor that blew (only allowed in for 30 mins) and walks round what was Pripyat, the abandoned kids play area, and it shows that when you watch the series, how close to the real thing the drama is....awesome viewing
I've seen some previous programs of a similar nature about the area. Chris Tarrant went there during one of his train journeys , and I'm sure there where a couple of documentaries around about the time the series was first shown
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:13 pm Have only watched episode 1 but i have heard good things about Your Honor.

Stars Bryan Cranston and the criminally underrated Michael Stuhlbarg.

Also really enjoyed Prodigal Son with Michael Sheen.
I've just watched the first episode of Your Honor and it seems like a great drama..

I agree Cjay, Michael Stuhlbarg was really brill in Fargo, which is one of my favourite series.

I've also watched three seasons of Unforgotten and will binge watch the 4th season once it finishes, good drama.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:50 pm I've just watched the first episode of Your Honor and it seems like a great drama..

I agree Cjay, Michael Stuhlbarg was really brill in Fargo, which is one of my favourite series.

I've also watched three seasons of Unforgotten and will binge watch the 4th season once it finishes, good drama.
He was brilliant in Boardwalk Empire to, another of my favourite ever series.

Have seen Unforgotten to although not the new series, really good.

Looking forward to Line Of Duty.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:31 pm He was brilliant in Boardwalk Empire to, another of my favourite ever series.

Have seen Unforgotten to although not the new series, really good.

Looking forward to Line Of Duty.
I gave up on BE at the time it was being broadcast. I'll probably give it another go.

Not drama but I periodically work through episodes of Forged in Fire, which I find quite fascinating.