Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kalvin Phillips vs. Croatia

Post by The Subhuman »

There you go ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kalvin Phillips vs. Croatia

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:27 pm There you go ...
:lol:

Not exactly what I had in mind faaip
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by danhirons »

sadly was pants tonight along with the rest of the england team
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

danhirons wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:24 pm sadly was pants tonight along with the rest of the england team
I would have been a little less blunt but I would have been wrong - he was pants, for 80 minutes I didn’t see a pass that went sweetly , to me it looks like Southgate is using him as a blunt instrument to break up the opposition flow. He’s much better than that.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

the England squad needs 3 training sessions with MB... all internationals not exactly u23's... told a few home truths, and how to run for 90 minutes...KP then would be in his element...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Absolutely zero movement from those ahead of him, lost count of the times Kalvin looked up to see what was on and it was zilch so a backwards pass it had to be. Still better than most on the pitch but Southgate's no press defensive tactics tonight didn't help either. Rice I thought was worse.

The was that one lovely ball early that Stirling wandered off side for, and we carried a rank Harry Kane.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:29 am Absolutely zero movement from those ahead of him, lost count of the times Kalvin looked up to see what was on and it was zilch so a backwards pass it had to be. Still better than most on the pitch but Southgate's no press defensive tactics tonight didn't help either. Rice I thought was worse.

The was that one lovely ball early that Stirling wandered off side for, and we carried a rank Harry Kane.
Agree
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

What’s wrong with Kane, is he ill?
There Is Only One United.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Too much backward stuff last night for me from our Kalv and others, you could see what GS wanted to catch them on the break but it didn't work at all last night. Scotland were better than i expected tbf to them. Too many not at the races and especially Kane not dropping deep and pulling the strings like i thought he would.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:47 am What’s wrong with Kane, is he ill?
Overrated Billy

Bamford would have given us more.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The pundits favourite Grealish & Rashford had no impact on the game whatsoever!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:54 am Too much backward stuff last night for me from our Kalv and others, you could see what GS wanted to catch them on the break but it didn't work at all last night. Scotland were better than i expected tbf to them. Too many not at the races and especially Kane not dropping deep and pulling the strings like i thought he would.
You can't break without movement and apart from maybe Foden our forward three were very lazy. Kane basically stood in one spot waiting for the ball. I'm not a fan of Bamford's movement but he's 10 times better than Kane who's probably the most over rated footballer we've ever produced.

We didn't see a lot from the over lapping full backs and everything was way too static leaving Phillips and Rice with no outlet at all for the most part... Anti football from both teams though Scotland were better on the night. Need to get a lot better to beat the CR and not finish second in a group we should be winning..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:49 am You can't break without movement and apart from maybe Foden our forward three were very lazy. Kane basically stood in one spot waiting for the ball. I'm not a fan of Bamford's movement but he's 10 times better than Kane who's probably the most over rated footballer we've ever produced.

We didn't see a lot from the over lapping full backs and everything was way too static leaving Phillips and Rice with no outlet at all for the most part... Anti football from both teams though Scotland were better on the night. Need to get a lot better to beat the CR and not finish second in a group we should be winning..
I have to agree with that summation faaip, very fair
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interesting to see that all the clamour, media, england fans etc, is for KP to be dropped. YEt no mention of why it should be KP dropped rather than Rice who was almost anonymous in the match and I really don't see why people rave about him.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:15 pm Interesting to see that all the clamour, media, england fans etc, is for KP to be dropped. YEt no mention of why it should be KP dropped rather than Rice who was almost anonymous in the match and I really don't see why people rave about him.
Perhaps dropping and another insipid display in the next game will silence the clamour.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Kalvin Philips opinions on Germany.
https://youtu.be/IAdaYqdA598

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:05 am Kalvin Philips opinions on Germany.
https://youtu.be/IAdaYqdA598

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
Those thighs!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:53 amThose thighs!
Based on the Cola thread ..was he eating a Bargain Bucket of KFC?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:40 am Based on the Cola thread ..was he eating a Bargain Bucket of KFC?
I've no idea!