Jack Harrison

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:03 pm One of many who can be cynical Chappel... if this was a regular deal and they were offering him at 10 mill I would wholeheartedly agree with you, but Jack has been with us now 3 season's...we know what he can do and know what he is capable of , some just mature slower than others... IMO we have not seen the best of Jack yet ...10 mill is a snip.
You may yet be right Smudge - the jury is still out. Hearing what GH said about him today though has shifted my thinking - as one of the most skillful English players ever himself, he can appreciate ability ;

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... d-20555564
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:05 pm You may yet be right Smudge - the jury is still out. Hearing what GH said about him today though has shifted my thinking - as one of the most skillful English players ever himself, he can appreciate ability ;

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... d-20555564
Well if all else fails, and next year he is not upto snuff...in todays market can easily off load him to a championship side and not lose any cash...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:00 pm The cynic in me wonders why Citeh are so keen to do us a favour through selling a young player with great potential for apparently far less than market value - especially as we beat them and drew with them this season...It's not like they can look at Leeds in a slightly patronising way as being a championship club anymore. I would think the same if I saw an advert for a second hand car at half or three quarters apparent market value - it would make me question the motive of the seller.
I think it is more down to them doing us a small favour than a big one as we have had the clause to enable us to buy him every year but City have simply helped us out by allowing us to more or less extend the deal with the fee just going up a bit (essentially really us just paying all his wages). I think if City would have refused to extend the loan deal at any point we would have bought him instead. After his first season for us I don't think anyone would have been looking to buy him for around £10m.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I really dont get the negative comments against him...just what does he have to do to be accepted?...Sure he has an off game now and then like anyone else ...But I simply dont get it...10 mill is a snip for a guy who knows the set up , can handle the set up and has given his all.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:53 am I really dont get the negative comments against him...just what does he have to do to be accepted?...Sure he has an off game now and then like anyone else ...But I simply dont get it...10 mill is a snip for a guy who knows the set up , can handle the set up and has given his all.
Blows hot and cold, one game great two games pish isn't really good enough. If you look at his motm stats on here, often when he's scored or assisted he hasn't been particularly highly rated since his overall performances haven't always been good.

Saying that, he seems to slowly be getting more consistent and was outstanding against Burnley.

I think a 10 mill fee sounds about fair and good business for him.

For what it's worth I assume the deal is already essentially done and will be made permanent this summer and we'll see in due time if he's worth it or not. Far better than Costa anyway if we're judging relative to past signings. Far less natural talent than raph though imo
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds are set to trigger a clause to turn 24-year-old Jack's loan from Manchester City into a permanent deal.
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

Great news. It would be hard to find such a hard working young footballer in todays game like Jack.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Good.... that probably means Bielsa is staying maybe for another 2 years. Always works hard, on his day very good, just needs that 8/10 level of consistency to progress to the next level.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Having a little kickabout with Raph
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cumbriarents wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:26 am Great news. It would be hard to find such a hard working young footballer in todays game like Jack.
Indeedy
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:56 pm
Having a little kickabout with Raph
Nice :) maybe Raph will help Jack with his confidence
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:11 am Leeds are set to trigger a clause to turn 24-year-old Jack's loan from Manchester City into a permanent deal.
Fantastic news.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Glenn hoddle and Rio Ferdinand talk about Jack Harrison.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:11 am Leeds are set to trigger a clause to turn 24-year-old Jack's loan from Manchester City into a permanent deal.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

That's great news. I think Jack has a lot of development still ahead of him over the next two years and could go on to get an England call up in that period, especially if he works on his consistency.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Just got an alert confirming the signing of Jack Harrison

Great news
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:10 pm Just got an alert confirming the signing of Jack Harrison

Great news
Got the same alert.

Excellent news indeed.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lots of alerts around....good job can never have enough Lerts... :)

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:24 pm Lots of alerts around....good job can never have enough Lerts... :)

:)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good news

Undisclosed fee.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 22.16.15.png