Jack Harrison

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by The Subhuman »

Think Jack has been ok, the break did him no favours as up till City he was one of our best players. Very little evidence that, like Pablo, he forms a good partnership with Paddy. Raphinha also plays better atm on the right, he'd need integrating further if we wanted him on the left. My guess is MB wants him on the right ultimately with Rodrigo the 10, forcing Costa and Hernandez onto the bench
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:19 pm He seems to have regressed this season so far.... Maybe because he is playing against better opposition...
Your right mate, the tougher the game the further he regresses... he has the stamina and can definately drible... but it is his constant lack of delivery with the final ball that is his undoing..maybe MB is working on this with him, but it definately is not showing results if he is ...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:38 pm Think Jack has been ok, the break did him no favours as up till City he was one of our best players. Very little evidence that, like Pablo, he forms a good partnership with Paddy. Raphinha also plays better atm on the right, he'd need integrating further if we wanted him on the left. My guess is MB wants him on the right ultimately with Rodrigo the 10, forcing Costa and Hernandez onto the bench
Harrison and Costa have both been great at times and poor at times. I think Harrison has been better though and always keeps improving.

Harrison-Rodrigo-Raphinha-Bamford has to be our best forward line going forward.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Help me out, someone please remind me ...Are we committed to buying Jack at season end or is it an option to buy ?
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Seems to be losing he's way at the moment.......started the season so well but is not getting involved in games as he was then. Tbh, I would say he's fortunate to be in the side ahead of Costa who I thought had been playing very well before being dropped for Raphina.

Need Jack to get back to he's best form.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

He's been notably less likely to take his man on lately, wonder if it's a confidence thing?

Thing is, we saw what he's capable of with that brilliant solo goal against Liverpool - why don't we see that Jack more?
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I've mentioned elsewhere a couple of times, I think Jack would make an excellent LB or LWB as his defending is pretty good and can still make a decent attacking contribution. I think his future lies there and would be happy for him to develop into that role at Leeds. Sadly as an attacking winger he comes up a bit short.
hector

Post by hector »

Especially as Costa is now looking for a new postion to play.....
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Costa scored a cracking goal today for the u23's... went through the defence like a knife through butter
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:10 pm I've mentioned elsewhere a couple of times, I think Jack would make an excellent LB or LWB as his defending is pretty good and can still make a decent attacking contribution. I think his future lies there and would be happy for him to develop into that role at Leeds. Sadly as an attacking winger he comes up a bit short.
That has been said a few times Lumiukko, I dont know how his club would feel about that or even if he would go along with it. But I do feel that is where his future might lie.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

New scapegoat till Roberts comes back?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Thought Harrison had a fantastic game against the Arse. He was the best player in the 1st half.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 pm Thought Harrison had a fantastic game against the Arse. He was the best player in the 1st half.
Yep
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Harrison makes 100th Leeds appearance against the Toffees

What a player he has turned out to be!

The first player to make 100 Leeds appearances as a loan player.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Key player for us imo as he's as much needed for his defensive work as he is going forward.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:23 pm Key player for us imo as he's as much needed for his defensive work as he is going forward.
He was desperate for a goal tonight!

Will have to settle for that all important assist.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Put a shift in.

Deserved his assist for that.

Still needs to work on his end product but he did well imo.

Was involved in some lovely footballing moves.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I still rate him extremely highly.

I know his end product is questioned but sometimes I think thats as much the fault of those in the box.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Has a wonderful first touch, just needs to improve the 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Doesn't score enough goals given the amount of chances and gameplay he gets.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Unlike our striker his chances are usually from a great run or vision to put himself into position. He's a winger don't forget and they tend not to be great finishers.. That's what you have a striker and 10 for

Eddie Gray averaged 5 a season, was he a poor finisher too?