Update: The Future of the Forum

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Update: The Future of the Forum

Post by hector »

there was no veiled threat at all.... If you perceive one then that is your paranoia... I made a simple statement, that is all.
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:02 pm What did you land on
My head.

I blame my mother.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:18 pm And the digs at 64 need to stop. I know you have a problem with him going back to something with Riot, but this forum is not the place to air them. We don't all have to be best mates, but I'm not the only one picking up on what's been going on. Mute him if he bothers you that much
100%.

Backing up a guy who was horribly abusive to posters.

Mocking an overweight lady on some TV show.

I think that those kind of things deserve calling out.

However, given that most everyone else thinks he is a saint of some kind, then, it looks like it is just me having a go constantly.

Pity the people PM'ing me to agree will not post their support, but I respect them decision not to do so.

Yes - I think that the foe/mute button is going to get a right hammering from me.

And - before anyone else posts it - yes - like Ronan usually does.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:45 pm there was no veiled threat at all.... If you perceive one then that is your paranoia... I made a simple statement, that is all.
*muted*
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:45 pm My head.

I blame my mother.
that I laughed at ...nice
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:49 pm Backing up a guy who was horribly abusive to posters
Who have I been horribly abusive to ? I can't recall swearing at anyone, it's not in my nature !
Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:49 pm Mocking an overweight lady on some TV show
I apologised for that misdemeanour
Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:49 pmI think that those kind of things deserve calling out
Have you ever been offensive ? Do you not do forgiveness ?
Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:49 pmHowever, given that most everyone else thinks he is a saint of some kind, then, it looks like it is just me having a go constantly
I'm no saint, I doubt anyone is tbh
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:11 pm that I laughed at ...nice
:tup:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:17 pm Who have I been horribly abusive to ? I can't recall swearing at anyone, it's not in my nature !

I apologised for that misdemeanour

Have you ever been offensive ? Do you not do forgiveness ?

I'm no saint, I doubt anyone is tbh
I didn't say you, but you backed up Riot despite his being abusive (not swearing) to other posters.

You may have apologised, but only because you were forced/shamed into it despite the support of other posters. A bit like people expressing sorrow when caught.

Yes/only when deserved.

You ain't, but there are people in Life who are.

*mute*
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:47 pm I didn't say you, but you backed up Riot despite his being abusive (not swearing) to other posters.

You may have apologised, but only because you were forced/shamed into it despite the support of other posters. A bit like people expressing sorrow when caught.

Yes/only when deserved.

You ain't, but there are people in Life who are.

*mute*
You have to let it go Gino...

You used to be a funny, witty, interesting poster until you suddenly turned all pc and offended on behalf of others.

Find the inner Gino.

Sounds like however many times people apologise it won't be enough for you :duno: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:58 pm You have to let it go Gino...

Sounds like however many times people apologise it won't be enough for you :duno: :bear:
I think you should all apologize for spelling "apologize" "apologise." :) ;-)

If I may throw in a bit of unwanted advice.......

Grudges harm only the people carrying them.

We're all Leeds here, aren't we?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:47 pm I didn't say you, but you backed up Riot despite his being abusive (not swearing) to other posters
Like your goodself you would defend friends. I defended Riot twice & then let it be as it wasn't for my place to get involved to be frank. I know you won't believe me but he is a really nice bloke when I see him at matches different to the persona he gave out on here
Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:47 pm You may have apologised, but only because you were forced/shamed into it despite the support of other posters. A bit like people expressing sorrow when caught

I made an error "out of character for Leon" as someone put it. I sincerely mean't it when I apologised for my regrettable remarks
Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:47 pm Yes
So you have made bad calls/errors.....I like to think people have forgiven you !
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:49 pm I think you should all apologize for spelling "apologize" "apologise." :) ;-)

If I may throw in a bit of unwanted advice.......

Bog off Jil I was right with my spelling lol :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:49 pm If I may throw in a bit of unwanted advice.......

Not in my case, John. They keep me sharp and alive. Many will never be settled, but I don't forget.

If the forum was only about Leeds/football, then, things would probably be better.

*not muted*
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:52 pm Like your goodself you would defend friends. I defended Riot twice & then let it be as it wasn't for my place to get involved to be frank. I know you won't believe me but he is a really nice bloke when I see him at matches different to the persona he gave out on here

I made an error "out of character for Leon" as someone put it. I sincerely mean't it when I apologised for my regrettable remarks

So you have made bad calls/errors.....I like to think people have forgiven you !
I would shop my kids to the police if they did wrong so I'm unlikely to defend friends just on the basis they were my friends. In fact I have ditched friends when they have crossed a line.

Other people that have met describe him as "a twat" to me.

I don't care whether I'm forgiven or not regardless of whether I was at fault or not - it happens.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:15 pm I would shop my kids to the police if they did wrong so I'm unlikely to defend friends just on the basis they were my friends. In fact I have ditched friends when they have crossed a line.

Other people that have met describe him as "a twat" to me.

I don't care whether I'm forgiven or not regardless of whether I was at fault or not - it happens.
Fair enough Gino

Just trying to understand your motives

Thanks for replying, I'll leave it there !
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:49 pm 100%.

Backing up a guy who was horribly abusive to posters.

Mocking an overweight lady on some TV show.

I think that those kind of things deserve calling out.

However, given that most everyone else thinks he is a saint of some kind, then, it looks like it is just me having a go constantly.

Pity the people PM'ing me to agree will not post their support, but I respect them decision not to do so.

Yes - I think that the foe/mute button is going to get a right hammering from me.

And - before anyone else posts it - yes - like Ronan usually does.
I'm not defending him, and I was one of those who called him out over the 'sweat bucket' post. But he's not taking digs at you so, rightly or wrongly, the impression people get is of you constantly having a go. If the boot was on the other foot, I'd be saying the same things to him that I am to you.

Poor Ronan!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:35 pm Fair enough Gino

Just trying to understand your motives

Thanks for replying, I'll leave it there !
Finally.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:42 pm I'm not defending him, and I was one of those who called him out over the 'sweat bucket' post. But he's not taking digs at you so, rightly or wrongly, the impression people get is of you constantly having a go. If the boot was on the other foot, I'd be saying the same things to him that I am to you.

Poor Ronan!
Well if people that pm me about him put their views on the forum then it wouldn't just be me.

Their choice not to and I respect it.

And I accept if the boot was on the other foot....

Unfortunately, not everyone is like you.

Think I've said what I have/want to say.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:37 pm Think I've said what I have/want to say.

We'll leave it at that then. In the spirit of moving forward I hope we can put past differences aside.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:42 pm I'm not defending him, and I was one of those who called him out over the 'sweat bucket' post. But he's not taking digs at you so, rightly or wrongly, the impression people get is of you constantly having a go. If the boot was on the other foot, I'd be saying the same things to him that I am to you.

Poor Ronan!
Poor Ronan indeed.... :whip: :shock:

Btw Gino..saw the doctor today....test was positive....better get yourself checked out too ;-)
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......