Tyler Roberts-Birmingham move confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: Tyler Roberts

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I think you might have missed Harrison 64. Which makes 18 without the other 4. As I said on another thread I think Bielsa might have decided to have a bigger 1st team squad for the Premier.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:29 pm I think you might have missed Harrison 64. Which makes 18 without the other 4. As I said on another thread I think Bielsa might have decided to have a bigger 1st team squad for the Premier.
Oh heck how did I miss out Jack?

I copy & pasted from the Man City MOTM thread & of course Harrison was ineligible for that game.

Now that changes things imo :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

If we had a fully fit squad I reckon this would be MB's favoured first 18 match day squad

Meslier
Ayling
Dallas
Cooper
Koch
Phillips
Klich
Costa
Hernandez
Bamford
Rodrigo
Harrison
Casilla
Davis
Struijk
Llorente
Raphinha
Poveda

Roberts
Alioski
Shackleton
Douglas

Roberts seems to be Marcelo's love child still getting 45 minutes, that should change soon with Pablo fit & raring to go plus Rodrigo acquitting himself to Bielsa-style football.

Alioski seems to be one of his favoured subs although the young talented Davis is back in the picture again & with the signing of Raphinha Ali's appearances may decrease more so.

I love Jamie Shackleton however he has serious competition in front of him & hasn't been used as a sub this season.

I'll be surprised if Douglas wears the white shirt of Leeds again.

A couple of more signings who'd walk into the first 18 squad & the above four would experience less time on the pitch
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Really gutted for Shacks as he showed great potential especially during the last few games last season and showed that he knows how to finish. Unfortunately for him promotion came 1 season too soon otherwise he'd be pushing for regular starter. I do hope that Leeds don't hinder his career by hardly playing him .. .maybe send him out on loan to give him games but don't leave him to rot.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We can have up to 25 players on the first team squad and I think we will. My list is top of the Stats thread.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds attacker Tyler Roberts posts a cryptic eight-word message on Instagram

Leeds attacker Tyler Roberts has posted a cryptic eight-word message on Instagram as he looks to break into Marcelo Bielsa’s starting line-up for the first time since October – while also being linked with a January exit.
TR.jpg
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

get rid now
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:30 am get rid now
Agreed, too many passengers in the squad, too much sentiment. This is a ruthless business at the end of the day. If we are to eventually challenge and progress, then we need to get rid of the dead wood. It won't be a popular opinion, but do what thy will and all of that.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Agree with both of you

Far to much sentiment in keeping Roberts.

A bright 20 mins here and there (with no actual end product) isnt enough at Premier league level.

He is 22 now and hasn't improved since he arrived.

Look at other young players in this league.

Tariq Lamptey
Mason Greenwood
Phil Foden
Hudson-Odoi
Curtis Jones
Bukayo Saka
Gabriel Martinelli
Aaron Connolly
Conor Gallagher
Dwight McNeil
Pedro Neto.

All younger or similar age to Roberts, absolute streets ahead of him in terms of development.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:04 pm Phil Foden
Love watching Foden play, should be one of the first names in Southgate's England teamsheet imo, could be a future captain for his country.

A far better player than the media's darling Jack Grealish
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:45 pm Love watching Foden play, should be one of the first names in Southgate's England teamsheet imo, could be a future captain for his country.

A far better player than the media's darling Jack Grealish
Agreed, i think Foden is an exceptional player, only 20.

Grealish has had a great season in fairness, he always lacked end product but he has vastly improved that.

Foden though has a far higher ceiling, 5 years younger, Grealish was miles off his level at the same age.

Foden is a class act given his age.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:06 pm Agreed, i think Foden is an exceptional player, only 20.

Grealish has had a great season in fairness, he always lacked end product but he has vastly improved that.

Foden though has a far higher ceiling, 5 years younger, Grealish was miles off his level at the same age.

Foden is a class act given his age.
Shame Pep didn't let us have Foden, his loan period would have been short & sweet I suspect.

Just the type of player we need in the middle of park, controls the game, makes assists & scores goals, brilliant for a player so young!

Citeh side starting to look awesome again with the emergence of Foden, Scales & the their very underrated Portuguese international Cancelo, that's even without De Bruyne who is currently sidelined with a injury.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

I don't see the fuss about Grealish personally.

There are better home grown players kicking around in the non-CL clubs.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cant see us getting rid of Roberts now. Not that I am convinced but the fact is off the bench we have no other forward to rely on now.

While he has gasp " done well " when he has come on in the last few games the lad needs to add goals and assists to his repertoire

=
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:20 pm Cant see us getting rid of Roberts now. Not that I am convinced but the fact is off the bench we have no other forward to rely on now.

While he has gasp " done well " when he has come on in the last few games the lad needs to add goals and assists to his repertoire

=
Feel the same Ian. Have been very impressed with him off the bench as of late. More than happy to see him stay if he can continue to put in performances like that.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He will never make it here.

Would be delighted to never see him play for us again.

Absolutely no substance to him.

Dont often single out players after a game but he made me angry.

Missing the target, slowing our play down, losing the ball with his dallying.

WILL NEVER BE PREMIER LEAGUE CLASS IN A MILLION YEARS.
Signed

King Cjay

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:26 pm He will never make it here.

Would be delighted to never see him play for us again.

Absolutely no substance to him.

Dont often single out players after a game but he made me angry.

Missing the target, slowing our play down, losing the ball with his dallying.

WILL NEVER BE PREMIER LEAGUE CLASS IN A MILLION YEARS.
My sentiments exactly. He's the only player of ours in whom I have no confidence.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Sadly, I agree. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because I thought there was a player in there somewhere, but if Bielsa can’t improve him no one can, and he ain’t getting better.

He always gives me the feeling he wants to skip the graft and achievements bit and go straight on to showboating, kind of like going for the trifle before you’ve eaten your greens.

He may become a superstar somewhere else given his age, but I’m willing to take the chance.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:29 pm Sadly, I agree. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because I thought there was a player in there somewhere, but if Bielsa can’t improve him no one can, and he ain’t getting better.

He always gives me the feeling he wants to skip the graft and achievements bit and go straight on to showboating, kind of like going for the trifle before you’ve eaten your greens.

He may become a superstar somewhere else given his age, but I’m willing to take the chance.
Great post mate, spot on ! :tup:
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

He does a Lot of good things but when he has a sight of goal he blows it,not good enough I'm afraid