Tyler Roberts-Birmingham move confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tyler Roberts

Post by Cjay »

The more i think about it the more i think Roberts getting a new deal was a business decision not a football one.

These days teams hand out 4, 5, 6 year deals.

We only extended Roberts deal by 2 years which made 3 years which is probably the minimum you would get an agent or player to agree to at his age?

Its widely reported a winger and cm are wanted which pushes Robeets further down the pecking order.

I agree with those who say this is protecting an investment rather than us saying yep we want Roberts to play for us for years.

Probably nobody really wanted to buy him and we had to do something.

Also how long do we use his age as an excuse ?

He is older than Meslier, older than Lang who we want, older than people like Neto at Wolves and Greenwood and only 12 months younger than Rashford.

He no longer qualifies for Young Playee Of The Year awards.

Interesting discussion that, when do players stop being young prospects and start being judged as senior players?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

I also think it's a business decision. Squad player - play him in the cups and to cover possible injuries and if there's no development then get rid. At least we'll get a fee that can be used for his replacement.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A hedging their bets type of deal really. I think Bielsa, and others, are not yet convinced but have seen flashes of what he can do. The trouble he has is that he may get less and less chances to show he can cut it. He had a great chance with the run of games where he started towards the end of the season but ended it with the majority of us still saying the same thing - he has ability but needs to do more.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

weasel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:30 pm A hedging their bets type of deal really. I think Bielsa, and others, are not yet convinced but have seen flashes of what he can do. The trouble he has is that he may get less and less chances to show he can cut it. He had a great chance with the run of games where he started towards the end of the season but ended it with the majority of us still saying the same thing - he has ability but needs to do more.
That's about how I see it, he had a great opportunity with the run of games.
MB clearly rates him and I hope his loyalty is proved right as it would turn out a massive plus for the team.
Think the pressure of not scoring had got to him a bit, the other players knew that and you could see how pleased they all were for him in that last match.
May just kick him on who knows.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Surprised he didn't play today. I admit that he's not getting in ahead of Bale, Ramsey, or James. But he's their best option at striker.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:46 pm Surprised he didn't play today. I admit that he's not getting in ahead of Bale, Ramsey, or James. But he's their best option at striker.
Kieffer Moore is a goalscorer as he showed today.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:46 pm Surprised he didn't play today. I admit that he's not getting in ahead of Bale, Ramsey, or James. But he's their best option at striker.
God help them.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Roberts to miss Wales WC qualifiers due to a virus, possibly three Leeds players with Covid

Six more PL players contracted Covid

The dreaded disease is spreading like wildfire.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm Roberts to miss Wales WC qualifiers due to a virus, possibly three Leeds players with Covid

Good job we've haven't just had a music festival holding 90k people then!

Can see another lockdown at this rate. :roll:
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm Roberts to miss Wales WC qualifiers due to a virus, possibly three Leeds players with Covid

Where did you see this 64? I saw he was missing 1 due to a visa issue....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:19 pm Where did you see this 64? I saw he was missing 1 due to a visa issue....
Blimey I'm going deaf in my old age, I thought Sky reported they were unavailable due to a virus :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:19 pm Where did you see this 64? I saw he was missing 1 due to a visa issue....
Does he have mastercard then ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:38 pm Blimey I'm going deaf in my old age, I thought Sky reported they were unavailable due to a virus :lol:
He was wearing one of those caps with a green screen and they wouldn't let him through customs ..it's a visor issue
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:38 pm Blimey I'm going deaf in my old age, I thought Sky reported they were unavailable due to a virus :lol:
Oh dear 64 :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:41 pm Does he have mastercard then ?
Funny faaip :)
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tyler Roberts misses Wales matches due to a virus!!!!

Post by Gandalf »

Welsh FA at fault for not arranging Russian visas in time.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-21436167
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:42 pm He was wearing one of those caps with a green screen and they wouldn't let him through customs ..it's a visor issue
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

the paranoia is strong with this one, my young padawan
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tyler Roberts misses Wales matches due to a visa issues

Post by Cjay »

MB will bring him on even when it doesn't make tactical sense.

Playing him on the wing :roll:

Has a player ever got so many chances for so little contribution?

Seems a nice lad (if a bit dim) but it's obvious he isn't up to the level we need now.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tyler Roberts misses Wales matches due to a visa issues

Post by The Subhuman »

A run out on the wing not great for him, I like the way he's thinking but it's not coming off atm ... there were worse players on the pitch