Tyler Roberts-Birmingham move confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Re: Tyler Roberts

Post by Boo Radley »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:15 am Actually you can.
Actually you can’t.

It’s an excuse for underperformance that isn’t acceptable in any job in life. And if it were true that he is actually unlucky then we need to get rid of him urgently.

He played well yesterday and he drew two excellent saves. I think he hasn’t the self belief to score and that will cost him in the end.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He very seldom underperforms ... I think I've only seen one truly horrible performance from him and that was when he got shoved out on the right for Raph
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've said all along I didn't think Tyler should be starting but now with Rodrigo really struggling in the 10 role and Bogusz on loan I think I would put him in the starting 11 as the 10 and give him a run of games preferably with Joe as the forward partner or Rodrigo. I'm not sure how long we can stick with the James as striker experiment, he might come good but it could take weeks yet.

I've seen no evidence Paddy and Roberts can play together, no chemistry. It happens
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

If Joe had the same chance as Roberts we would've come away with a totally undeserved victory.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:32 pm If Joe had the same chance as Roberts we would've come away with a totally undeserved victory.

No proof of that, he didn't score in his start despite 3/4 good chances
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

No proof but Joe strikes the ball far better than Roberts. Back of the net all day long.

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Thought Tyler did well in his time on the pitch yesterday and tried to make things happen. Would still have preferred Joe Gelhardt to start as I think he has the x-factor right now and I am not sure Roberts could have kept that performance up over 60-90 minutes either.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Roberts has a lot to prove, 4 goals in how many games !!! and folk say he's class, obviously my football knowledge is lost somewhere.
He's shite, admittedly, he had a decent knock yesterday, it's law of averages he would one day, he's had so many chances, any other team would have off loaded him already, one of the reasons we're in the predicament we are in is because he's one of Bielsa' pet projects, keeping exciting talent out of the team.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well done Tyler

Tyler Roberts vs. Brighton:

27 minutes
16 touches
7/7 successful passes
5 ball recoveries
4 shots
4 penalty box touches
3 shots on-target
3 duels won
2 times fouled
1/1 successful take-on
1/1 accurate long pass

Played a huge role in getting Leeds into the game.

Screenshot 2021-11-28 19.37.48.png
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Yea, well done Tyler, 40 premier league appearances and 1 goal (one) great return that.
27 minutes and we are getting excited !!!!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm Yea, well done Tyler, 40 premier league appearances and 1 goal (one) great return that.
27 minutes and we are getting excited !!!!
Absurd return that, I guess folk are desperate and will celebrate any small positive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I'm no Roberts fan but I gave this a bump.

Felt it was only fair to give some credit for some improvement.

Nobody is suggesting that it justifies his poor return at this club or that he is the answer (he probably should have scored if we are being honest) but it was better.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:44 pm I'm no Roberts fan but I gave this a bump.

Nobody is suggesting that it justifies his poor return at this club or that he is the answer (he probably should have scored if we are being honest) but it was better.
Fair action & comment, Cjay :tup:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:44 pm I'm no Roberts fan but I gave this a bump.

Wasn't aiming anything nor having a go at you personally, just pointing it out to those that think he's "class"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay did a Q&A and was asked about Roberts.

*****. to be completely honest, I feel like a move elsewhere would do him good. To repeat myself, the season so far isn't down to him. He hasn't made much impact and that's why I think Leeds need better but he attracts a lot of criticism in a situation which is much bigger than him. A fair few players have struggled for form - the problem for Roberts is that he has no credit in the bank. He ran hard last night and made the effort but I'm not sure this period and the way he's been used is doing him or the team a great deal of good. It is fascinating to see how much Bielsa trusts him though.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Don't want to derail the appreciation thread for his recent performances but did want to say this because a narrative is developing that Roberts has been unfairly treated and hasn't had a fair chance.

He has had chances, he has played the majority of our matches 58 times here, he has scored 5 goals in those matches and got 9 assists which is a goal every 11 matches or so or an assist every 6.4.

Let's not start this narrative that he is hard done by, he isn't, he hasn't made the most of his opportunities.

That is nobody else's fault but his.

Fully deserves the praise recently but let's not change the narrative into a fake poor hard done by Tyler story.
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

It'll take more than one decent performance to convince me but credit where credits due he had a decent game .

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Cheer everyone up.

Maybe we should name deadline day January 31st Roberts Day!!!!

:clape: supcla: :shirtw: :clapp: :celeb: :scarfe2: :scar1
Signed

King Cjay

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Tyler Roberts- 4 year anniversary today, Happy Roberts day

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Been frustrating the punters for 4 years 😒 bar the odd one or two.......
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Tyler Roberts- 4 year anniversary today, Happy Roberts day

Post by Finnatic »

Signed for 2.5m, that’s £625,000 per season and won’t be on massive wages I wouldn’t have thought.
It might rise to 4m but can’t remember what triggers it (England caps ? 😉)

Rodrigo has cost far more in his wages alone since he’s been here and that’s not including his fee.

Both had similar career’s here - fairly average, so Roberts edges it for me.
Both bought as strikers but are now usually AM’s.