Tyler Roberts-Birmingham move confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tyler Roberts

Post by BGwhite »

I'm really looking forward to seeing his improvement....if it ever happens

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good game from him today, wins a lot of fouls, a couple of dodgy passes and a mis hit shot which we also saw from Raph, but a good game overall .. Great movement and held the ball up well when needed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I respect your opinion faaip and appreciate that you are doing your best to convince us that Roberts is good enough, but sometimes I think you are watching a different game to me. A couple of dodgy passes and a miss hit shot about sums up his game today and most times I see him play.

He was shown up good and proper today by Gelhardt who, in my opinion, managed to do more in half an hour than Roberts has managed to do all season.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:36 pm I respect your opinion faaip and appreciate that you are doing your best to convince us that Roberts is good enough, but sometimes I think you are watching a different game to me. A couple of dodgy passes and a miss hit shot about sums up his game today and most times I see him play.

He was shown up good and proper today by Gelhardt who, in my opinion, managed to do more in half an hour than Roberts has managed to do all season.
I keep defending Roberts. In his sub appearances over the past year he's shown flashes of promise. Athletically he's great. But this season he's had a few chances and never made any kind of impact. Wholly agree today that Gelhardt showed way more and now deserves to start up front in Bamford's absence.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Byebyegeegee wrote:I respect your opinion faaip and appreciate that you are doing your best to convince us that Roberts is good enough, but sometimes I think you are watching a different game to me. A couple of dodgy passes and a miss hit shot about sums up his game today and most times I see him play.

Couldn't agree more, his progress is freighteningly snail paced , "there's a player in there somewhere" ...in the pub league.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I thought Roberts did better today than usual.

I appreciated his bravery when he risked his own safety to try and get James through, didnt quite work but he did win a freekick.

I liked him trying to gee up the crowd which cant be easy when he must know he isnt exactly Mr popular atm.

Made a good run and had a flicked header effort go just wide and he created 1 or 2 shooting opportunities for others.

By past standards i felt he was better today and was quite brave and positive at times.

The downside of course is he was sloppy with the ball on a few occasions (really sloppy passing it out of play when a simple pass was on).

And he was very overshadowed by his two other sub teammates in Summerville and Gelhardt (especially Gelhardt who is his direct competition for striker and AM role).

Better imo from Roberts overall but vastly overshadowed by his direct competition.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Gotta say his time on t' pitch today was his best in 12 months, but it was still poor.
To say he did well with a header and a flick and a pass and geeing up the crowd, well, quite frankly, every player should be able to do exactly that, they train long and hard and we are supposed to be impressed because they win a header ffs.
Roberts is shite and won't get any better, he's had his chance, far too many, MB has loyally stood by him, and others, and it's time to say Adios, cheerio, Auf wiedershein, off ya pop, beat it sonny, ta-ra, we'll ring you.
Maybe a loan will do him good, the kids far too lightweight and has no confidence.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:17 pm Gotta say his time on t' pitch today was his best in 12 months, but it was still poor.
To say he did well with a header and a flick and a pass and geeing up the crowd, well, quite frankly, every player should be able to do exactly that, they train long and hard and we are supposed to be impressed because they win a header ffs.
Roberts is shite and won't get any better, he's had his chance, far too many, MB has loyally stood by him, and others, and it's time to say Adios, cheerio, Auf wiedershein, off ya pop, beat it sonny, ta-ra, we'll ring you.
Maybe a loan will do him good, the kids far too lightweight and has no confidence.
If 4 years with Bielsa won't improve him, how would a loan to the Championship? Time to get rid, he's had more than enough chances.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The championship ? ..... I was thinking The George &Dragon or The Red Lion , there's gotta be one of those somewhere willing to give him a trial.

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:35 pm The championship ? .....Image I was thinking The George &Dragon or The Red Lion , there's gotta be one of those somewhere willing to give him a trial.

If it wasn't for Bielsa' loyalty, the kid would probably have faded into obscurity.
His future isn't at ER, even Bielsa must recognise that after today, he didn't start him, which was a suprise, and when he came on he was ineffective again, unless you count geeing the crowd up.
The young kids showed him what hunger is all about.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:40 pm I keep defending Roberts. In his sub appearances over the past year he's shown flashes of promise. Athletically he's great. But this season he's had a few chances and never made any kind of impact. Wholly agree today that Gelhardt showed way more and now deserves to start up front in Bamford's absence.
As he should, in fact I don't rate Bamford at all and that 30 minutes also showed up Bamford's very poor season thus far so Geldhardt over Bamford also. Roberts though is a midfielder now so they could play in the same team if needed..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:35 pm As he should, in fact I don't rate Bamford at all and that 30 minutes also showed up Bamford's very poor season thus far so Geldhardt over Bamford also. Roberts though is a midfielder now so they could play in the same team if needed..
Nice try again faaip but on today’s showing, in my opinion, Roberts is now behind Bamford and Gelhardt as a striker, behind Rodrigo and possibly Raphinha as a creative attacking midfielder and behind Raphinha and Summerville as a right winger.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Joffy sure showed Roberts what he should be doing today! Another lacklustre performance from Tyler, few good flicks but lacked anything of any real contribution or substance
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

From today's press conference
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa & our board, obviously making plans for at least one incoming signing during January.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:05 pm Bielsa & our board, obviously making plans for at least one incoming signing during January.
I hope so, John Swift please ;-)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:19 pm I hope so, John Swift please ;-)
No smoke without fire :fire:

Swift or O'Brien, maybe both.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Get roberts off the wage bill.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good player Roberts.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Aye he's proving that like.