Adam Forshaw- Joins Plymouth

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Adam Forshaw

Post by Smudge3920 »

Mountain wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:50 am But maybe the rest of the squad and manager love Forshaw, maybe he's a great influence, maybe he drives others on. I think not standing by him would send out all the wrong signals and again just be so unlike Bielsa. This is a manager and a club that rewards loyalty, Forshaw was injured playing for Leeds, I'd be shocked if they dump him.
:tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mountain wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:50 am But maybe the rest of the squad and manager love Forshaw, maybe he's a great influence, maybe he drives others on. I think not standing by him would send out all the wrong signals and again just be so unlike Bielsa. This is a manager and a club that rewards loyalty, Forshaw was injured playing for Leeds, I'd be shocked if they dump him.
This absolutely, I think Marcelo wants him around, rates him, would be good cover if we can get him fit. I don't wanna be that club that treats players badly. Pablo decided he wanted to move on, I think he could have spent another season coming of the bench every now and then. Gaetano and Alio have come to the end of their contract as will Forshaw next year..

Find it wierd so many want to kick him while he's down tbh, he has been a quality servant of the club. He gets another year to prove his worth or if he feels the need he can move on before that. It's his choice. He's stealing nothing from us
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:47 pm Just as we did with Pablo, Berardi & Alioski :roll:
That's precisely what the club did with Berardi, in fact they went way waaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond it and offered him a new contract knowing it was writing off money. Plus they offered Alioski a new contract, he didn't accept it. As with Pablo, he got old, but even though he had a much reduced role the club still didn't terminate his contract early, as is suggested they do with Forshaw now. I think it wholly different to Berardi and Forshaw getting injured while playing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

They wont cancel his contact but lets not pretend he hasnt been extremely poor value for money and a flop.

£4.5mil and one of our highest earners due to the Premier league contract he was on at Boro when we signed him.

3.5 years on £40k a week plus for 52 games.

He has cost us over £10mil i imagine for very little.

He may be a nice guy but we arent a charity, the club have stood by him and paid him millions of pounds as well as paying for his medical care id think for very little substance on the pitch

We owe him nothing imo, the club have been very generous already and a football club shouldn't be sentimental.

In 12 months he will be released, wish him well in his life but as a player he goes down as a very expensive flop.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:24 pm They wont cancel his contact but lets not pretend he hasnt been extremely poor value for money and a flop.

£4.5mil and one of our highest earners due to the Premier league contract he was on at Boro when we signed him.

He may be a nice guy but we arent a charity, the club have stood by him and paid him millions of pounds as well as paying for his medical care id think for very little substance on the pitch

We owe him nothing imo, the club have been very generous already and a football club shouldn't be sentimental.

In 12 months he will be released, wish him well in his life but as a player he goes down as a very expensive flop.
You can't simply terminate contracts because a player gets injured and hardly like a player is going to decide to terminate early as it isn't like they could then sign for another club and play given that they are still injured. It is the same risk with every signing really, 1 bad injury and and it can lead to other injuries. Forshaw isn't like JKA in that he doesn't want to play and is happy just picking up a wage.

Who are we to say whether Forshaw could be good enough for Bielsa in the premiership. Cooper, Dallas, Harrison and many others were seen as low end championship players just a couple of seasons ago by most of us fans. Forshaw's last few games for Leeds he was playing really well in a role none of us would have envisaged him in, the only thing lacking was an end product but who knows whether that would have improved in time - Ayling's end product was shocking prior to Bielsa but now there isn't a right back in the league I would rather have.

Yes I would agree that we certainly would be unwise to count on Forshaw in our squad but equally no point writing him off if Bielsa hasn't.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:24 pm They wont cancel his contact but lets not pretend he hasnt been extremely poor value for money and a flop.

It's a risk for any player and club especially when signing a player on long term contracts.

I'd imagine we probably have some kind of insurance covering at least part of his wages while he is out injured too although not 100 per cent on that.

At the end of the day the club has made a commitment to pay him for the length of his contract regardless of his injury condition. As others have said, it's not as if he's refusing to play.

Saying that he obviously hasn't been financially a good buy as you say
hector

Post by hector »

Jeez thank goodness I don't work for you Cjay.....

The club should be paying for his medical bills, he was injured in the line of duty for us!!

We owe him his wages whilst he is under contract with us...

When emplyers start cancelling contracts due to injuries, it becomes a very sad state of affairs..

Let the lad be mate.... he is a trier, and wants to do good, so he should be given the chance...

Think back, about 4 seasons ago, not many would have questioned it if Dallas was let go.... And now look at him!!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Creating discussion

Good job Cjay :)

Incidentally i didnt say we should release him.
Signed

King Cjay

hector

Post by hector »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:47 pm Creating discussion

Good job Cjay :)

Incidentally i didnt say we should release him.
Not in so many words...

But you did say he is a loafing waste of space :shock:

;-)
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Is this guy still on the payroll? Money for old rope, it's gone beyond a joke now.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:37 pm Jeez thank goodness I don't work for you Cjay.....

The club should be paying for his medical bills, he was injured in the line of duty for us!!

We owe him his wages whilst he is under contract with us...

When emplyers start cancelling contracts due to injuries, it becomes a very sad state of affairs..

Let the lad be mate.... he is a trier, and wants to do good, so he should be given the chance...

Think back, about 4 seasons ago, not many would have questioned it if Dallas was let go.... And now look at him!!
He was a crock when we signed him in 2018 & nearly four years later still a crock.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:10 pm He was a crock when we signed him in 2018 & nearly four years later still a crock.
not true - he'd hardly missed any games through injury before he joined us - was a regular 35-40 games a season for 6 seasons or so when he joined
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:14 pm not true - he'd hardly missed any games through injury before he joined us - was a regular 35-40 games a season for 6 seasons or so when he joined
:tup: ....And I knew many Wolves fans who were angry that they let him go to us ...been a stalwart in their promotion push
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:14 pm not true - he'd hardly missed any games through injury before he joined us - was a regular 35-40 games a season for 6 seasons or so when he joined
142 league appearances in five & half seasons averaging 26 games a season is not great in League 1 & the championship. missed our first two games after signing at the end of January, aggravated a previous calf injury in March, sustained a toe injury in pre-season. Three injuries in his first six months at Leeds. God knows how he passed his medical :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:16 pm :tup: ....And I knew many Wolves fans who were angry that they let him go to us ...been a stalwart in their promotion push
Adam never played for Wolves Smudge.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pm Adam never played for Wolves Smudge.
he must have done.....

All our players are Ex Wolves...

it is a fact :P :P

:)
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pm Adam never played for Wolves Smudge.
Of course he didnt ...just checking you are upto speed .... :P
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:35 pm Of course he didnt ...just checking you are upto speed .... :P
:) :-D :tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:44 pm 142 league appearances in five & half seasons averaging 26 games a season is not great in League 1 & the championship. missed our first two games after signing at the end of January, aggravated a previous calf injury in March, sustained a toe injury in pre-season. Three injuries in his first six months at Leeds. God knows how he passed his medical :duno:
2012/2013 - 53 apps
2013/2014 - 40 apps
2014/2015 - 37 apps
2015/2016 - 34 apps
2016/2017 - 35 apps
2017/2018 - 26 apps (joined Leeds in winter transfer window)
2018/2019 - 32 apps (first full season at Leeds)

barely missed a game through injury before he joined us, you can look it up here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-fo ... ler/121257
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:20 pm 2012/2013 - 53 apps
2013/2014 - 40 apps
2014/2015 - 37 apps
2015/2016 - 34 apps
2016/2017 - 35 apps
2017/2018 - 26 apps (joined Leeds in winter transfer window)
2018/2019 - 32 apps (first full season at Leeds)

barely missed a game through injury before he joined us, you can look it up here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-fo ... ler/121257
Forshaw's best years by a mile have been in league 1 though .

Aside from the season where Boro were relegated from the Premier league he has been a bit part player above League 1.

Those are his numbers in minutes over his 4 Championship seasons (not including our Promotion season as he was never fit).

He averaged 16 games worth of minutes.

Whether because of injury or because he wasnt good enough he has never really established himself above league 1.

Soneone on Waccoe said it best imo.

Forshaw has become a better player whilst being injured.
Signed

King Cjay