Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Profile : Ezgjan Alioski

Post by White Riot »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:41 pm Both him and Pepe recieving racist abuse online.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... colas-pepe

While I can understand some being angry at his antics playing the race card is just wrong.
No need mate.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Player Profile : Ezgjan Alioski

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I don't think Alioski did anything wrong. That was a decent contact Pete laid on him. And if he hasn't gone down the refwould have missed it.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Gianni Alioski

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm Me too, I firmly believed if he wasn't good enough to cement a regular place in our championship side how the hell would he cope in the prem

Ali is another one who has improved under Bielsa's coaching, will be interesting to see if our blonde bombshell retains his place for a sustained period
Me too. I wrote him off this year and thought he'd be a bench player. He's had 2 or 3 fantastic games at left back. Dallas looked good in midfield last game, so we might see a lot more Ali this year.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Alioski abused on social media - your thoughts on social media?

Bielsa

"To be honest, I have no idea about the subject. It’s a sector society has. It’s anonymity which allows you to express yourself without the judgement of others. Not the same expression as something in private as it is in public. Everybody can manifest themselves and civilisation shows if someone expresses themselves they should face the consequences"
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:09 pm Alioski abused on social media - your thoughts on social media?
It can be a right cesspit.

The anonymity makes some people feel invincible.

PS. could we get the module topic corrected to 'Gjanni' for our Macedonian prince
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gjanni Alioski vs. Everton:

79.6% pass accuracy
74 touches
43/54 successful passes
36 opp. half passes
13/20 final third passes
12 pressures
6 ball recoveries
6 duels won
4 tackles won (joint-most) :star:
3 touches in opp box
2 crosses
1 chance created

Solid again. Huge output.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 22.54.42.png
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0909kr3

His English is better than half the squad.

Definitely deserves a new contract, had a decent shout for MOTM in the last 2 games.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
hector

Post by hector »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0909kr3

Definitely deserves a new contract, had a decent shout for MOTM in the last 2 games.
not biased though are you Cjay?? :P :P
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0909kr3

Lovely listen that, I really like the kid. I was under the impression though that he'd already signed a new contract so that came as a surprise.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gjanni Alioski vs. West Brom:

105 touches
87% pass accuracy
82/94 successful passes
9 duels won
5 aerial duels won
4 ball recoveries
1 tackle won
1 successful take-on
1 shot on-target
1 goal ⚽

Superb performance. Heavily involved throughout. Epic goal

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 08.23.59.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Enjoyed Ali's post-match interview with his respect to Marcelo saying he is still learning the LB role from his boss.

I'm still unconvinced about his defensive ability but the great man may make Gjanni a decent defender given time.

What Ali gives us is his attacking play. Two goals in his last four games & what a cracker last night, he hit the ball so sweetly it was in the net once the ball left his foot. Needs to improve his delivery into the box.

Spurs game will be a huge test not only for Ali but for the whole team
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:12 am Enjoyed Ali's post-match interview with his respect to Marcelo saying he is still learning the LB role from his boss.

I'm still unconvinced about his defensive ability but the great man may make Gjanni a decent defender given time.

What Ali gives us is his attacking play. Two goals in his last four games & what a cracker last night, he hit the ball so sweetly it was in the net once the ball left his foot. Needs to improve his delivery into the box.

Spurs game will be a huge test not only for Ali but for the whole team
That's why I would like to see him played more as the left winger. I think he is a much better finisher generally than Harrison. At one point Harrison had a shot on the left from more or less the same position as Alioski's later shot, and he hit it high and wide. Alioski thumped it hard and true like an arrow. Alioski is much more accurate with his shooting, so over the course of a number of games he is far more likely to pop up with goals. He needs to improve his delivery, but the same could be said of Harrison. I would like to see Harrison and Alioski compete for the left wing position, with a proper LB brought in. Against lesser teams the Alioski/Harrison combination works well ( Newcastle, WBA ) and people sing their praises, however against the better teams the Alioski defensive weaknesses tend to come out, and Harrison fades on the wing. Let's see how they fare against Spurs.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

He was brilliant last evening. His work rate, constantly making himself available and his aggressive forward runs really hurt WBA. And what a goal!

I also love the edge he brings to his game. He needles and torments those around him. It can drive them to distraction. His yellow card was a direct pay back for his bloodied nose and you have to have that bite in a team as well.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:12 am Enjoyed Ali's post-match interview with his respect to Marcelo saying he is still learning the LB role from his boss.
Me too, solidifies my belief that all the players believe in MB and stick to the plan win or lose...
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Further ...I do not think there is another manager in the league who has the dressing room like MB does... solid support from the team.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:47 am Further ...I do not think there is another manager in the league who has the dressing room like MB does... solid support from the team.
I doubt there is Smudge
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:27 am That's why I would like to see him played more as the left winger. I think he is a much better finisher generally than Harrison. At one point Harrison had a shot on the left from more or less the same position as Alioski's later shot, and he hit it high and wide. Alioski thumped it hard and true like an arrow. Alioski is much more accurate with his shooting, so over the course of a number of games he is far more likely to pop up with goals. He needs to improve his delivery, but the same could be said of Harrison. I would like to see Harrison and Alioski compete for the left wing position, with a proper LB brought in. Against lesser teams the Alioski/Harrison combination works well ( Newcastle, WBA ) and people sing their praises, however against the better teams the Alioski defensive weaknesses tend to come out, and Harrison fades on the wing. Let's see how they fare against Spurs.
Spurs a big test :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Great game from Ali.

What a pass to Dallas, you wont get many left backs who can do that.

Defended well to, making blocks and winning headers.

He may leave soon but i hope he gets the credit he deserves because he isnt as bad as some would have you believe and he has been vital to us in his time here as he was yesterday.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Echo that Cjay, he's not a LB by any means but he gives his all and has scored some great goals as well as setting up a few such as the superb ball to Dallas yesterday. I wish him well wherever he goes and I'm sure the squad will miss him too.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:04 pm Echo that Cjay, he's not a LB by any means but he gives his all and has scored some great goals as well as setting up a few such as the superb ball to Dallas yesterday. I wish him well wherever he goes and I'm sure the squad will miss him too.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
For me that is the key point he isn't a left back and we don't play with left backs. He is a wingback with the key element to his role being the ability to get forward as often as possible. Whilst he is also in the team to defend it is far harder to get back into the right position and not be knackered than it would be if he was a straightforward left back. Yesterday, because of the match circumstances, he wasn't able to get as forward as often so was able to be in better positions to defend and generally did a decent job.