Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by Smudge3920 »

What I find with Mb's system and style, is the fact you have less dependency on a Captain on the field, so much goes into everyone knowing their position and roles. And with everyone giving 110% the role is becomexs symbolic... Now off pitch and in the dressing room a strong personality is required , and for me with the current squad it is Cooper.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mateusz Klich vs. Everton:

93 touches
55/69 successful passes
22/31 successful final third passes (most) :star:
9 ball recoveries
4 tackles won F
4 fouls
4 shots
3 crosses
3/3 successful long passes
2 chances created
1 successful take-on
1 blocked shot

Fundamental to Leeds' success.

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 22.36.26.png
Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 22.36.26.png (437.64 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pish poor 1st pen aside and non existing midfield where opposition players can stroll through.

Did anyone else see Klich limping?

Swear he was and he seemed miles off his game.

He has been a machine for us and everyone is entitled to an off day, but could it be more?

With no backup midfielder he plays all the time, running about like a loon. At some point you will get a niggle.

Just wonder if Klich is fit, injections can get a player through a game but made me wonder.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Looks like a knackered horse that wants put down, along with a few others
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

White Riot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:44 am Looks like a knackered horse that wants put down, along with a few others
Haha too true, we look like the high press game we play is taking it's toll on everyone and unless this is turned around next 2 games looking like a flood of goals for the opposition.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Playing every game, plus all the Poland games, was always going to take its toll eventually. He needs to sit out a game and Pablo or Shackleton come in.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:53 am Haha too true, we look like the high press game we play is taking it's toll on everyone and unless this is turned around next 2 games looking like a flood of goals for the opposition.
I agree. Maybe we did run out of steam at the end of Bielsa's first season? But I thought it was more of a bottle job.
Last season we had the luxury of a three month break and came back strong in the last nine matches.
This season there's already been two fortnight breaks for internationals, admittedly the likes of Dallas and Klich especially seem to have played every minute of those too.
That ugly bonehead Steve Bruce will be licking his lips at the prospect of playing us now.
MB needs to get the right players selected, Davis, Struijk, Pablo and Poveda and get us doing some basic defending right.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:53 am Haha too true, we look like the high press game we play is taking it's toll on everyone and unless this is turned around next 2 games looking like a flood of goals for the opposition.
Please don't give me a gun at the moment or I'll be giving out a few early Christmas presents at Thorp Arch :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:55 am Playing every game, plus all the Poland games, was always going to take its toll eventually. He needs to sit out a game and Pablo or Shackleton come in.
Fully agree mate, I think he played every match in the last two seasons before this one too :roll:
Fella needs a rest, I still believe he's a very good player.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:12 am Pish poor 1st pen aside and non existing midfield where opposition players can stroll through.

Did anyone else see Klich limping?

Swear he was and he seemed miles off his game.

He has been a machine for us and everyone is entitled to an off day, but could it be more?

With no backup midfielder he plays all the time, running about like a loon. At some point you will get a niggle.

Just wonder if Klich is fit, injections can get a player through a game but made me wonder.
That first pen was horrendous.

Great mentality and good pen for the second tho. I agree been poor recently
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

danhirons wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:55 am That first pen was horrendous.

Great mentality and good pen for the second tho. I agree been poor recently
He was facing his international colleague in Fabianski for the penalty so he knew well what he was going to do. That was a silly mistake.

He had some balls on him to step up for the second one - top marks for that.

Otherwise he was very poor and well off the pace. He does look jaded and his loss of form is killing us.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

It's highly possible that Klich is running out of gas. Played every game for over two years, except one where he was probably heavily hung over. Never misses an international. And with such a short off-season this year, yeah, it's possible it's taking a toll on him. He's 30 now and probably needs an occasional rest. or maybe getting subbed off occasionally.

Against West Ham, nothing really came off for him. Some have spoken of being too casual, but I just think it's a case of just having a bad game or two which everyone is entitled to. Plus West Ham never gave us much space at the back. That penalty was exactly the way he's been taking them. We've seen his approach a few times - and so has Fabianski. Second penalty showed his class.

He's a top player for us and will be for a couple more years. But I agree we need at least one more top class midfielder to offer us more tactical diversity and spread the work load. Maybe with Shackleton being fit again, we'll see him getting a little more game time.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 17.40.03.png

Mateusz Klich vs. Newcastle:

89 mins played
79 touches
53/67 successful passes (most on pitch) :star:
26/37 final third passes (most on pitch) :star:
6 ball recoveries
4 chances created (joint-most on pitch) :star:
3 shots
1 assist Direct hit
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Edited
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:43 pm Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 17.40.03.png

Mateusz Klich vs. Newcastle:

89 mins played
79 touches
53/67 successful passes (most on pitch) :star:
26/37 final third passes (most on pitch) :star:
6 ball recoveries
4 chances created (joint-most on pitch) :star:
3 shots
1 assist Direct hit
Glad to see him back to his best. If only he could find his shooting boots again
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa has just praised Klich, said he choose to play.

Basically he isnt fit.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Personally I don't think he's good enough, at least not as a regular starter. Bench/rotation only. One of the players we should be looking to replace in the summer, Teun Koopmeiners is my shout.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:29 pm Personally I don't think he's good enough, at least not as a regular starter. Bench/rotation only. One of the players we should be looking to replace in the summer, Teun Koopmeiners is my shout.
I love Klich but he is 30 now and we do need more depth in midfield.

Not an urgently replace at all but we need two cms a more creative one and someone to replace/backup Klich and KP.

Nandez is my choice.
Signed

King Cjay

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Klich was injured / ill today and not at 100%
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:46 pm Klich was injured / ill today and not at 100%
And with that in mind he shouldn't have been selected no matter how much he wanted to play.

Surprised Marcelo picked Klich as he is generally a stickler for his players to be 100% fit.