Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by The Subhuman »

I just think that Klich is the hardest to replace..He covers DMF and AMF and his creativity only a hairbreadth behind Pablo..Sometimes he pops up unexpectedly and I think how the f**k did he get there
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:04 pm I just think that Klich is the hardest to replace..He covers DMF and AMF and his creativity only a hairbreadth behind Pablo..Sometimes he pops up unexpectedly and I think how the f**k did he get there
Not to mention he made 94 consecutive starts under Bielsa and never really had a bad game.

8/10 week in week out for me and almost never below a 7
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mateusz Klich vs. Aston Villa:

85.3% pass accuracy
82 touches (most on pitch :star: )
52/61 succ. passes (most on pitch :star: )
23/28 succ. final third passes (most on pitch :star: )
9 ball recoveries
5 ground duels won
3 chances created
2 tackles won
2 shots
1 on-target
1 assist :gold:

Immense.

Screenshot 2020-10-24 at 08.10.03.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another stella performance

Our new corner-kick taker :)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Irreplaceable, first name on the team sheet for me.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:58 am Irreplaceable, first name on the team sheet for me.
The player I'd least like to lose.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Might be the best central midfielder in the premier league right now. He's been an instrumental part of our attacking movement all season. His energy and work rate are immense. Really loved the way he moved into the DMC role yesterday. Seemed every bit as influential there too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He's not my avatar for nothing.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

I am amazed at the number of flicks, backheels and reverse passes he does with success.

He has that mix of guile and strength. Love the fact he gets under the opponents skins.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He would fit in the cm of any side in the league, any style of play and any role.

He is fantastic (and has received praise on various forums including Liverpool and Man City).

For ages our most underrated player outside of our own fanbase but people are starting to realise how good he is.

He scores goals, creates goals, can slow the play down or speed it up, can collect the ball from deep and drive forward or play an inch perfect 50 yard pass, he is intelligent yet physically capable and can be the last man back making a tackle then the 1st man forward having a shot.

May be the most complete midfielder ive seen in a Leeds shirt.

I think of him as our Captain (no disrespect to Coops or Ayling) but Klich leads by example all the time in his play, consistency and professionalism.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Reminds me of Gary Mac, maybe better
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:32 pm Reminds me of Gary Mac, maybe better
Think Gary Mac was a bit more skillful. But Klich has got him beat on work rate and energy. He's more like the old box to box midfielder. Much better defensively than Gary Mac.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A 1 man midfield.

Our true Captain imo.

So intelligent, should have had 2 assists, was absolutely exhausted by the end.

Love him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

What would it cost to buy Klich now? 30m?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

One of the best midfielders in the premier league right now. Better than the most expensive midfielder in the country, if that's any measure.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mateusz Klich vs. Arsenal:

90 mins played
85 touches
85% pass accuracy
61/72 successful passes
28/37 successful final third passes (most on pitch) :star:
6 touches in opp box
4 crosses
3 ball recoveries
2 chances created
2 shots
1 tackle won

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 07.07.00.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich impressions when you analysed the job before you took it?

Bielsa

"Klich, for me, can play in all the best teams in the world. So, he is in Leeds by chance. It doesn’t have to do with the fact I decided he continued at Leeds. In the first pre-season I asked him if he would consider playing at centre-back, but it so happened in the game before the season started, against Las Palmas, the candidates for the player to play as the eight started falling away. Ronaldo, Forshaw and their absences allowed him to play. Never absent since.

In all cases, all the praise should go to him and Orta who brought him here"
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:05 pm Klich impressions when you analysed the job before you took it?

Bielsa

"Klich, for me, can play in all the best teams in the world. So, he is in Leeds by chance. It doesn’t have to do with the fact I decided he continued at Leeds. In the first pre-season I asked him if he would consider playing at centre-back, but it so happened in the game before the season started, against Las Palmas, the candidates for the player to play as the eight started falling away. Ronaldo, Forshaw and their absences allowed him to play. Never absent since.

In all cases, all the praise should go to him and Orta who brought him here"
Agree with him here
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Cjay wrote:

He would fit in the cm of any side in the league, any style of play and any role.

He is fantastic (and has received praise on various forums including Liverpool and Man City).

For ages our most underrated player outside of our own fanbase but people are starting to realise how good he is.

He scores goals, creates goals, can slow the play down or speed it up, can collect the ball from deep and drive forward or play an inch perfect 50 yard pass, he is intelligent yet physically capable and can be the last man back making a tackle then the 1st man forward having a shot.

I think of him as our Captain (no disrespect to Coops or Ayling) but Klich leads by example all the time in his play, consistency and professionalism.
100% Cjay
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:08 pm He would fit in the cm of any side in the league, any style of play and any role.

I'd have Ayling or Phillips as my captain but other than that I 100% agree with everything you've said here cjay