Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Profile : Mateusz Klich

Post by The Subhuman »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:54 pm 9
How he didn't start under Christensen is baffling . As essential as Hernandez or Phillips IMO .
Not really, think it's fairly obvious.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:54 pm 9
How he didn't start under Christensen is baffling . As essential as Hernandez or Phillips IMO .
it is but probably a blessing in disguise.

The other players had to suffer one of the worst managers in our history after TC left.

Klich was in Holland so didnt have to be coached by someone as inept as SoggyBotton.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:25 pm Starter.

9/10.

Class act , one of the few players we have who looks like he has the class for the step up.

Dont have to talk about energy and effort with Klich, technically only Pablo is above him.
I will go with the above. Any young players looking to break into the first team, should take a long hard look at Klich. Not deemed good enough at the start, got sent out on loan, but remained determined to pull on the white shirt and put the record straight.

Unlike some loan players we have had over the last few years, he got his chance, grabbed it with both hands and the rest is history as they say. Last year part of that important spine of: White, Phillips, Klich & Pablo.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:14 pm Not really, think it's fairly obvious.
Exactly, says a lot more about Christiansen than Klich I feel
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Starter, what a brilliant player he has been and no doubt will make the step up

9/10
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Starter. I think he should be able to step up, he has all the attributes and is an international.

9/10 - needs to score more, which was the only negative from him this season.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Have some concerns about Klich in the PL to be honest as he may have found his level in the Championship. The extra speed of the PL may be his undoing especially defensively/tracking back.

Hope I'm wrong as really like the guy.

Will start to begin with but hopefully we sign someone quicker who will eventually take his place.

7.5/10
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Some extremely high ratings - to get that high from me you'd need to be Maradona at or near his best.

Klich is an integral part of the side, how we'd fare without him is hard to quantify though due to his ever present ready (bar the Derby match when he, along with others, was given a rest). That speaks both for his importance though and Bielsa's trust in his players. Apparently he was on the list of players Bielsa wasn't going to retain so credit for Klich for doing whatever he did to make Bielsa change his mind - I doubt many players have been able to do that. Sometimes players can have all the ability in the world but need something to happen to make them really show it when it matters.

Like others have said the only part of Klich's game that let him down was his scoring. He probably hit a purple patch at the start of the 2018-2019 season and as such we got too high an expectation that he would score at that rate continually. He does have great composure and technique when striking a ball though so there is no reason he shouldn't chip in with a few more though. He is also a fine passer of the ball and similar to Pablo can judge the weight of a pass so that a team mate can take the ball in their stride.

Would definitely keep him and he would be a starter. It is up to any new signings, or the likes of Shackleton, to wrestle the shirt away from him.

Rating: 7.5 (would have been 8 with a couple more goals).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:36 pm Some extremely high ratings - to get that high from me you'd need to be Maradona at or near his best.

Klich is an integral part of the side, how we'd fare without him is hard to quantify though due to his ever present ready (bar the Derby match when he, along with others, was given a rest). That speaks both for his importance though and Bielsa's trust in his players. Apparently he was on the list of players Bielsa wasn't going to retain so credit for Klich for doing whatever he did to make Bielsa change his mind - I doubt many players have been able to do that. Sometimes players can have all the ability in the world but need something to happen to make them really show it when it matters.

Like others have said the only part of Klich's game that let him down was his scoring. He probably hit a purple patch at the start of the 2018-2019 season and as such we got too high an expectation that he would score at that rate continually. He does have great composure and technique when striking a ball though so there is no reason he shouldn't chip in with a few more though. He is also a fine passer of the ball and similar to Pablo can judge the weight of a pass so that a team mate can take the ball in their stride.

Would definitely keep him and he would be a starter. It is up to any new signings, or the likes of Shackleton, to wrestle the shirt away from him.

Rating: 7.5 (would have been 8 with a couple more goals).
You gave Shackleton a 7.5...You're saying Shackleton had as good a season as Klich?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:24 pm You gave Shackleton a 7.5...You're saying Shackleton had as good a season as Klich?
I can only judge Shackleton for the games he played and in those games he scored a couple of goals and did well. If Shackleton had have played more and did the same in those appearances as he did when he actually played then he would have got a rating of 7.5, possibly higher. Same as how we judge Messlier on the few matches he played and don't judge him for how composed he looked sat on the bench. If Shackleton had played more he may have got a higher or a lower mark but we can't really guess at how well he'd have done in those matches so we can only judge by what he did.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

But doesn't it feel wrong you have Shack tied with Klich on your SEASON ratings...? Who had the better season, Klich or Shackleton?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Klich had a consistently good season. Shackleton did very well in his limited appearances. Some people still think Cantona won us the league title but I wonder if he played many more minutes in our title winning season than Shackleton played in our promotion winning season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure that comparison gets anywhere near an explanation for the scoring...
gessa

Post by gessa »

Starter.

8.5/10
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:10 pm Not sure that comparison gets anywhere near an explanation for the scoring...
Okay then say Shackleton played 6 matches and got 3 ratings of 8 and 3 ratings of 7. That would give him a rating of 7.5.
Say Klich played 45 matches and averaged 7.5.

As such both get 7.5 for the work they did during the season. Shackleton doesn't get marks knocked off because he didn't play.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:01 pm Okay then say Shackleton played 6 matches and got 3 ratings of 8 and 3 ratings of 7. That would give him a rating of 7.5.
Say Klich played 45 matches and averaged 7.5.

As such both get 7.5 for the work they did during the season. Shackleton doesn't get marks knocked off because he didn't play.
That's not a season rating though. It's a game average. Your effectively saying shack was as good as Klich for an entire season with your ratings. Which is clearly wrong. If you want to do an average then there has to be a minimum appearance and I'd say that would need to be 20 games ..
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I can't score any because I've not watched the games this last season - no outlet (or rather inlet).

From conversations a couple of years ago with Faaip about Klich (when TC was still in charge) I understand what he's saying and have always valued Klich highly in the limited number of times I've seen him play, so on this I'm just agreeing with Klich's high worth to us.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mateusz Klich

20 A starter in our first X1

Retain as a squad player

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

177 (20) Seasons rating

8.9 Average rating

Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Chapel, Cjay, Clacton, Currie, Denman, Dezzy, Faaip, Fridge, Ges, Hector, Jammy, John, Leeds1000, Rat, SG, Weasel. 64,1304
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by 1964white »

20 yards or 30 yards,
Everywhere we go,
40 yards or 50 yards,
Klich is scoring goals, Klich is scoring goals

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 22.47.37.png
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Fanastic box to box midfielder. Benefitted from the space Fulham left but did it all well - scored the penalty, killer pass to Bamford. some key tackles. Love what he does. And to think Thomas Christiansen sent him out on loan.