Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Re: Other fans forum opinions

Post by mothbanquet »

This is all just an overreaction to the Ben White situation. Still though, I think the team we currently have would bulldoze Brighton as it stands. I look forward to putting them in their place next season after a couple of good signings and continued improvements in our own players.
Leeds1000
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Leeds1000 »

Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
Whilst the sentiment is nice, and yes we are a bigger club than we’ve probably ever been... I just can’t agree that as a young pro, you wouldn’t have your head turned by the history and legacy of a club like Leeds. The aura of Elland Road is a dominating spectre, it’s undeniable. He’s been walking down tunnels adorned with images of title winning glory, England legends, cup exploits and all of it... I can see why that would feed into a narrative where I’ve been revered as a revelation, adored by the supporters my team mates and most importantly a near legendary coach.Alternatively he can come back and try to dislodge three of our best players from GPs debut season.
Are you sure you are supporting the right club? you seem like a young girl who just seen Jason Donovan when u mention Leeds,
From the Brighton Forum. :lol:
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:03 pm From the Brighton Forum. :lol:
There's a chance we could convert Kosh to the white side. :)
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

It speaks to the rationale of most fans. Perfectly valid viewpoint countered with an insult of no argumentative worth whatsoever...
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

I don't think the current squad is likely to bulldoze anyone next season as it didn't really happen last.
Brighton having been resident in the PL for 2/ 3 seasons and obviously have more financial clout than Leeds. Better(bigger) club as they seem to think on their board, historically no presently there is an argument they are. But amusing reading nonetheless. Fans do tend to suffer from a lack of objectivity both here and elsewhere.
Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Regards White if it's true he wants out at Brighton then you can't fault them trying maximise the profit.
Better he is gone than kicking his heels somewhere he doesn't want to be.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think Kent could do better than Leeds tbh

Leeds aren't even that big of a club anymore - the game has moved on drastically from the 90s and early 2000s. There's every chance they could be back in the Championship next season, which I expect them to be.

The only worrying factor is wages.

In terms of club size, poential for winning things, European football, playing in front of a large passionate crowd then Rangers trumps Leeds (and by some consdierable distance) on each of those counts

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/thre ... 67/page-17

Wasnt overly fussed about Ryan Kent (had hoped our ambition would expand beyond old targets from when we were a division below).

But having read that i hope we get him now.

Personally always considered Scottish Prem football to be at best Championship level with many of them not even that.

Not hard to win a league where only 2 teams have any hope.

European football yes, but only if your ambition is to maybe reach the last 16, Rangers havent troubled the Quarters of Europe for 25 years.

Passionate fanbase sure, more passionate than us, doubt it.

A Premier league club will always be more attractive than any Scottish club, any Premier league club and quite a few Championship ones to.
Denman
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Denman »

Lol, that made me laugh. Opinions are often based on an inadequate understanding of facts. This is a case in point.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

MB now has his own thread on the Brighton forum.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthre ... he-Messiah

To go with this 454 page thread (only been open since 20/7) 4537 posts.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthre ... Leeds-fans

Know the Ben White stuff created a bit of a temporary rivalry but its a bit odd :duno:
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:28 am MB now has his own thread on the Brighton forum.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthre ... he-Messiah

To go with this 454 page thread (only been open since 20/7) 4537 posts.

Usual mish-mash of the normal biases and mis-information
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
WhiteRose
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by WhiteRose »

My mate who supports derby thinks this thread is hilarious, says they are going to roast leeds on there everytime we lose. Probably just winding me up but he seems so excited about it more so than Derby games.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/35364-leeds-u ... dventures/
lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What a sorry bunch of w**kers a lot of other fans are. Obsessing over another club rather than focusing on their own team. The Brentford love-in on here was bad enough for me, threads dedicated to other clubs would be enough for me to move on. Sad
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:05 pm My mate who supports derby thinks this thread is hilarious, says they are going to roast leeds on there everytime we lose. Probably just winding me up but he seems so excited about it more so than Derby games.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/35364-leeds-u ... dventures/
Only one sensible post on that three page thread
Leeds1000
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Leeds1000 »

As Leeds United turned into a left-wing political organisation all of a sudden? I am not sure where all this despising of us is coming from. Oh wait a minute, we are successful again. That'll be it. :)

I say keep it coming. :P
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:17 pm What a sorry bunch of w**kers a lot of other fans are. Obsessing over another club rather than focusing on their own team. The Brentford love-in on here was bad enough for me, threads dedicated to other clubs would be enough for me to move on. Sad
To be honest I sometimes wonder why I read this thread ...
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:25 pm To be honest I sometimes wonder why I read this thread ...
Coz you are a nosey bugger.... :P

Just like me

:)
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

It's usually the last thread I visit and I almost never open the links...think it's more boredom than nosiness
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

I like reading other fans forums when we've pissed them off or they're struggling.

Not interested in their opinions otherwise.
On soft gray mornings widows cry...
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Actually makes me smile to read comments like 'they'll get found out' and 'clever coaches will exploit them'.

We've heard it all before. And proven it all wrong. I don't expect fans of other teams to have intimate knowledge of all our games and the finer points of our journey so far. But that's why I'm smiling. It feels like that complacency is yet another weapon in our arsenal. It feels like our prey are unwary, and we need only pounce.