Vurnon Anita signs

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Vurnon Anita signs

Post by 1964white »

Played 109 games for Ajax & 133 for Newcastle

Also played for Holland
Screenshot 2017-07-06 at 18.46.23.png
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... rnon-anita
1964white

Re: Vurnon Anita signs

Post by 1964white »

Got him on a free transfer too

Defensive midfielder

Bridcutt, Vieira & Phillips on the bench if TC plays only one DM
hector

Post by hector »

Send Phillips on loan, toughen him up....
DILLIGAF??
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Seems to be having good things said about him by geordies, seems like a very decent signing :tup:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Was really good a couple of seasons ago, hopefully he can replicate that
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Send Phillips on loan, toughen him up....
Agree with you Hector :tup: hopefully he'll return a much better player

Phillips needs to tidy up his game & be more consistent to gain a first-team place at Leeds
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Big name signing Anita ,good luck to the boy . My concern is say well into season ..Jan/ Feb will he up not only up his performances but get stuck in and play as many games as possible to help put some extra drive into the very last kick. Welcome all the same .10-12 goals of him for starters if you please.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:Big name signing Anita ,good luck to the boy . My concern is say well into season ..Jan/ Feb will he up not only up his performances but get stuck in and play as many games as possible to help put some extra drive into the very last kick. Welcome all the same .10-12 goals of him for starters if you please.
Defensive midfielder Paddy

Only scored 7 goals in 242 appearances for Ajax/Newcastle
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Got him on a free transfer too

Defensive midfielder

Bridcutt, Vieira & Phillips on the bench if TC plays only one DM
Appears to be a full back now mate played all last season for Newcastle at right back and did very well. Also played at left back for Ajax for a lot of his time there. So hopefully has come in to provide Ayling or Berardi with some very strong competition, I say that because I thought he was awful for Newcastle when he played as a defensive midfielder and nowhere near the quality of Vieira or Bridcutt.
A good signing if he is played in his best position at right back or left back :tup:
Very harsh on Ayling or Berardi though if they lose their places in the starting 11 it has to be said.
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Oops! A little hasty of me indeed but personally we need not only hard graft from him but hopefully bucket loads of desire .,oh and I 'd settle for 7-10 goals it is doable .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:Oops! A little hasty of me indeed but personally we need not only hard graft from him but hopefully bucket loads of desire .,oh and I 'd settle for 7-10 goals it is doable .
Apparently he is better than Bridcutt so that's a plus Paddy
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:Appears to be a full back now mate played all last season for Newcastle at right back and did very well. Also played at left back for Ajax for a lot of his time there. So hopefully has come in to provide Ayling or Berardi with some very strong competition, I say that because I thought he was awful for Newcastle when he played as a defensive midfielder and nowhere near the quality of Vieira or Bridcutt.
A good signing if he is played in his best position at right back or left back :tup:
Very harsh on Ayling or Berardi though if they lose their places in the starting 11 it has to be said.
If he better than we already have I'm happy with this signing
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Yeah although hoping Bridcutt comes good this season mate . Thought he had some great games last time . And we cannot rely on Wood to be scoring in every situation . Midfield must prosper and provide a decent share too.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

He played at full back numerous times last year only due to injuries. He is first and foremost a holding midfielder but its good to have someone with versatility.

Excellent signing, given its a free transfer ( wages will be high I expect but even so ) and he is obviously very familiar with the championship so can hit the ground running.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

hector wrote:Send Phillips on loan, toughen him up....
In some ways having more midfielders might help Phillips as he had to play a lot of games last season and inevitably had some up and downs, like Vieira did too. Any young player is likely to be a bit inconsistent so it might help Phillips to play a few less games and I also recall him having a couple of excellent games when he came on as a sub.
Senor El Weasel