Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

Looking forward to this game v the happy clappers even though my alarm clock will go off at 5pm. Early set-off with a second breakfast at Billy's Bar around 8pm if open :-D PNE fans love a visit from the Leeds fans, probably goes back to when Billy Davies was in charge. The added presence of Larry, Killa & of course Jermaine Beckford should add spice to the whole atmosphere.

I suspect favourite songs such as 'January the 3rd remember the date'.... & 'Jermaine Beckford scored a fookin great goal' will echo around the Deepdale ground :sing: one thing is for certain it won't be a morgue at Preston as it was at ER last Saturday, is it any wonder why crowds are generally diminishing at what was a place renown for a cauldron of noise. 25k+ turned up & i suspect the majority wish they hadn't bothered :(

Immaterial of what team is selected to start as i thought Evans had picked a decent line-up v Charlton only for our players to treat the game like a training session, ultimately they really need to take a long hard look at themselves as their performances have been distinctly average over the season.
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Gurj »

Leon, make sure you set your alarm for 5am rather than 5pm mate lol
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:Leon, make sure you set your alarm for 5am rather than 5pm mate lol
You've spoilt my day Gurj

I could have slept in & dream't of :sleep3:

Silvestri plucking the ball out of the sky catching it whilst being unchallenged by fresh air
Bamba playing like Norman Hunter instead of Bambi on Ice
Cooper looking like a world class defender
Bellusci curling in a hattrick of 30 yarder free-kicks
Mowatt gliding around the pitch like Messi as oppose to running on treacle
Antenucci shaving is silly beard off & looking like a proper footballer
Wood scoring from the penalty spot
Dallas actually winning the Man Of The Match
Leeds keeping a clean sheet & winning 7-0
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Gurj »

Hahaha, brilliant post Leon :-)
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8053
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by whiteswan »

Gurj wrote:Hahaha, brilliant post Leon :-)
Seconded! :roflmao:
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 14534
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by HarryofOz »

Leeds currently 12th and can finish anywhere between 11th and 14th.

A win by four goals or more will see us overtake today's opponents, Preston, and finish 11th

A win by three goals or less will secure 12 spot

A draw and QPR can overtake us, but only by winning

A loss and QPR can overtake us with a draw and Wolves can overtake us but only by winning.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 14534
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by HarryofOz »

A dull game to end a dull season overall.

Two good spells, the first in December and the second to end the season. I like to end the season on a good note, hoping it will provide the impetus for the upcoming season.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Disgraceful treatment of Evans!!
Absolute s**t behaviour!!!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 36448
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by faaip »

Has he been sacked I can't see anything
Honey dipped flim flam
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

No but he will be


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Sol bamba saying a decision needs to be made on the head coach, they don't even know when pre season is and when to be back training!!

Absolute shambles of a club!! Fl need to ban cellino asap


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 36448
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by faaip »

another non story. We've had two decent pre seasons under MC so we'll have to wait and see what this one brings in the way of fixtures.
Honey dipped flim flam
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Ah bollocks to this


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2918
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Ronan »

Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote:You've spoilt my day Gurj

I could have slept in & dream't of :sleep3:

Silvestri plucking the ball out of the sky catching it whilst being unchallenged by fresh air
Bamba playing like Norman Hunter instead of Bambi on Ice
Cooper looking like a world class defender
Bellusci curling in a hattrick of 30 yarder free-kicks
Mowatt gliding around the pitch like Messi as oppose to running on treacle
Antenucci shaving is silly beard off & looking like a proper footballer
Wood scoring from the penalty spot
Dallas actually winning the Man Of The Match
Leeds keeping a clean sheet & winning 7-0
Well i got two of my dreams come up

Silvestri actually caught the ball a few times & Wood scored from the penalty spot :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

Another average performance in front of 5,000+ Leeds passionate Leeds fans. Only Silvestri, Bamba & Diagouraga stood out for me

As for the game a brilliant ball over the top from Lewie Coyle set Wood away with Kirkland caught in two minds and off his goal- line, the United striker attempted a lob but could only find the roof of the net. Wood should have done better with a header following a pin-point cross from Taylor. Wood got his best chance to score when we were awarded what looked a dubious penalty. After a grappling for the ball with Antenucci who consequently spat his dummy out in disgraceful style Wood stuck the penalty away with ease to send the Leeds end into ecstacy
Once again we contrived to create our own downfall as we tried to run the clock down. We got away with it once as Preston had a goal disallowed with minutes to go, then a hopeful punt upfield saw Wootton attempt to allow the ball run over the dead ball line only for the dopey idiot to misjudge his lukewarm action, any decent defender would have booted the ball into row Z. Really sums our season up as from day one, our defenders must have cost us over 20 needless goals this term. Alright we didn't deserve to win but teams who are pushing for promotion see games out & know how to win messy

Silvestri 8 (MOTM)
Coyle 6
Bamba 7
Cooper 5
Taylor 6
Dallas 5
Diagouraga 7
Murphy 6
Cook 5
Mowatt 4
Wood 6
Wootton 4
Antenucci 3
Vieira - n/a
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:Another average performance in front of 5,000+ Leeds passionate Leeds fans. Only Silvestri, Bamba & Diagouraga stood out for me

As for the game a brilliant ball over the top from Lewie Coyle set Wood away with Kirkland caught in two minds and off his goal- line, the United striker attempted a lob but could only find the roof of the net. Wood should have done better with a header following a pin-point cross from Taylor. Wood got his best chance to score when we were awarded what looked a dubious penalty. After a grappling for the ball with Antenucci who consequently spat his dummy out in disgraceful style Wood stuck the penalty away with ease to send the Leeds end into ecstacy
Once again we contrived to create our own downfall as we tried to run the clock down. We got away with it once as Preston had a goal disallowed with minutes to go, then a hopeful punt upfield saw Wootton attempt to allow the ball run over the dead ball line only for the dopey idiot to misjudge his lukewarm action, any decent defender would have booted the ball into row Z. Really sums our season up as from day one, our defenders must have cost us over 20 needless goals this term. Alright we didn't deserve to win but teams who are pushing for promotion see games out & know how to win messy

Silvestri 8 (MOTM)
Coyle 6
Bamba 7
Cooper 5
Taylor 6
Dallas 5
Diagouraga 7
Murphy 6
Cook 5
Mowatt 4
Wood 6
Wootton 4
Antenucci 3
Vieira - n/a
Never mind you can spend your Saturdays watching results on tv listening to music and thinking of the money you will not be wasteing.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Preston v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Never mind you can spend your Saturdays watching results on tv listening to music and thinking of the money you will not be wasteing.
I'll still be attending many aways but yes I'll be much better off in my pocket & enjoy days out with Mrs 64, other things such as watching horse racing which is another passion of mine & of course listening to my music. More time for myself :-D
Post Reply