My Final Matchday.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 87930
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

My Final Matchday.....

Post by 1964white »

Running the East Yorkshire Branch of Leeds United Supporters Club after ten years of organising coaches to every game at ER & several away matches for countless fans. I won't miss all the phone calls/texts/coach arrangements/collecting monies & doing the accounts, trips to the banks, etc/selling tickets/dealing with problems on the coach/meetings.
I just want to enjoy games without all the hassle as i become older & less tolerant, so come the AGM during the summer I'll be passing on the books/responsibilities :-D
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 14514
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by HarryofOz »

Enjoy following the team in 'relax' mode from now on Leon
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
User avatar
becchio bear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17701
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by becchio bear »

Happy retirement little old man :P :bear:
Lockdown 3, Rinse and Repeat.
User avatar
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 747
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am
Location: bottom of a glass

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by beer belly bert »

HarryofOz wrote:Enjoy following the team in 'relax' mode from now on Leon
relax + leeds united are two words that never go together :roflmao:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 14514
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by HarryofOz »

beer belly bert wrote:relax + leeds united are two words that never go together :roflmao:
Good point :lol:
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8028
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by whiteswan »

You've done your bit and more 64. Now it's someone else's turn and time for you to enjoy your footy without all the other stuff :-D
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 36405
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by faaip »

less tolerant
Honey dipped flim flam
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 36405
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by faaip »

doing all the legwork is never fun...enjoy the less stress way of following Leeds Leon
Honey dipped flim flam
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 8811
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by YorkshireSquare »

faaip wrote:doing all the legwork is never fun...enjoy the less stress way of following Leeds Leon
Like hearing cats sometimes.

Enjoy the freedom Leon!
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Thank god it's over


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

Big credit to you for 10 yrs of such service, 64.
I only hope that you aren't giving away a more enjoyable aspect of supporting LUFC - now you will only have the games to 'enjoy'!

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
User avatar
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 25664
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by gessa »

Enjoy the time spent, on other interests mate.
It will all come clear in the end
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 87930
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by 1964white »

Thank you all for your best wishes, much appreciated :tup:
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5875
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Twitter: crudos
Location: 'Merica

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by Crude »

Well done for years of doing the behind the scenes work that really goes highly underappreciated by most people. You are the Stuart Dallas of the East Yorkshire Branch. And that is a very good thing. Hope your match days become more enjoyable from now on.
#WeAreBack

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:Running the East Yorkshire Branch of Leeds United Supporters Club after ten years of organising coaches to every game at ER & several away matches for countless fans. I won't miss all the phone calls/texts/coach arrangements/collecting monies & doing the accounts, trips to the banks, etc/selling tickets/dealing with problems on the coach/meetings.
I just want to enjoy games without all the hassle as i become older & less tolerant, so come the AGM during the summer I'll be passing on the books/responsibilities :-D
thought you have said that you will hardly be going to matches anymore as you have become deluded by the team and wasting money if so hope all the people who you told over the past few years you should stay loyal (me included) get an apolgy :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 87930
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:thought you have said that you will hardly be going to matches anymore as you have become deluded by the team and wasting money if so hope all the people who you told over the past few years you should stay loyal (me included) get an apology :lol:
Not purchasing a season-ticket so yes I'm cutting back on the amount of games next season as three games a week has become far too tiring, time-comsuming & very expensive. I need an extra holiday enjoying more quality time with Mrs 64 when possible. I intend to attend around 20+ games so i'll still be supporting LUFC even though i'm disillusioned with my club.
I've done my bit for Leeds United & many fans over the last ten years and as so many folk have said to me it is a thankless task. I feel i owe no one an apology
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Have spoken to Dave Sykes and Ray a few times and both have said how branch numbers have dropped off by a great deal over the past few years which is a shame as it used to be one of the best supported branches there was.It used to take often two coaches to home games and a full coach to most away games.I can even remember them both organising a trip to Milan which was a great experience hope someone will take the the job on and get it back to its former level as there was a great level of support in that area as we have proved even this season by managing to arrange a couple of trips to Elland Road and getting full coaches.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 87930
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Have spoken to Dave Sykes and Ray a few times and both have said how branch numbers have dropped off by a great deal over the past few years which is a shame as it used to be one of the best supported branches there was.It used to take often two coaches to home games and a full coach to most away games.I can even remember them both organising a trip to Milan which was a great experience hope someone will take the the job on and get it back to its former level as there was a great level of support in that area as we have proved even this season by managing to arrange a couple of trips to Elland Road and getting full coaches.
I took two coaches to Wembley for the Donny Play-Off Final, many of those fans enjoyed the experience & hinted we would see them more often, sadly wasn't the case. It was much easier attracting fans to games when we were in the Prem & playing Champions League football. Until team performances improve significantly i can only see the numbers of members decreasing. I know many of the Supporters Clubs who run coaches regularly to games are suffering badly, Scarborough are really struggling. I travel with the Griffin branch to away matches, the first time i've seen Phil's coach half-full for our recent match at Birmingham. What has happened to the Hull branch ? rarely see their coach at ER thesedays. Our AGM has already been arranged to be held at the Griffin pub in Market Weighton on Monday 23rd May at 7.30pm, so hopefully decisions/appointments will be implemented then, as it stands now it would appear Paul will hopefully run the East Yorks branch with Les remaining as club secretary. All will be decided/confirmed on the night
paddy parrott
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by paddy parrott »

Well done to you'64 and enjoy your other valuable time to mate. I looked forward to your input with matters Leeds United on the park so to speak, and enjoyed your views and comments. Alas never to up /nor down beat so for me a good sense of realism surrounding on the pitch matters.
I'll still keep touch and someday.... hopefully we'll see us try and do a Leicester one more time mate.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 87930
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: My Final Matchday.....

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:Well done to you'64 and enjoy your other valuable time to mate. I looked forward to your input with matters Leeds United on the park so to speak, and enjoyed your views and comments. Alas never to up /nor down beat so for me a good sense of realism surrounding on the pitch matters.
I'll still keep touch and someday.... hopefully we'll see us try and do a Leicester one more time mate.
Thank you Paddy & everybody else for your kind comments :tup:
Post Reply