New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Oscar »

weasel wrote:
We have to become a much harder to beat team next season. Too often this season we have beaten ourselves by conceding soft goals. Cutting out the mistakes would probably give us an extra 15 points which would see us into the play-offs. Making it harder for teams to run through us will help too. How many 1-0 wins have we had this season? The answer is 3. If we just need to score 1 goal to win rather than 2 or 3 then we will get a lot more wins.

For me this team isn't a bad team it just needs a bit more determination about it. It needs players who will put their bodies on the line and protect a 1-0 lead. We need battlers, people who will be leaders on the pitch and stop us being a soft touch.
At the moment I think for us to even have a slight chance of the top 6 next season we have to sign at least: one new centre back, a goal scoring winger and a striker to play alongside Wood or to be a good back up striker to Wood. There are one or two other areas I think we can strengthen in, however, those 3 areas are crucial otherwise I really can't see us even being in the top half next season (no matter who is head coach.)
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

We need, 2 CB, a DM, AM, ML, MR, ST.

Thats presuming Ant stays and we lose 1 CB.

I can't see Bridcutt staying, not worth a fee plus the wages he will be on, plus I think Cook is a better bet.

(as you can see I am a believer in the "control the midfield, control the game" ethos)
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

mav wrote:We need, 2 CB, a DM, AM, ML, MR, ST.

Thats presuming Ant stays and we lose 1 CB.

I can't see Bridcutt staying, not worth a fee plus the wages he will be on, plus I think Cook is a better bet.

(as you can see I am a believer in the "control the midfield, control the game" ethos)
I don't think changing most of the team is the answer, surely that would just put us in the same position as every other season? A couple of players are needed, but I don't think it is that dire.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Apparently, Steve Evans is the favourite for the Peterborough United job.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Kyle_5351 wrote:I don't think changing most of the team is the answer, surely that would just put us in the same position as every other season? A couple of players are needed, but I don't think it is that dire.

We are too lightweight in defence and in attack, the midfield needs players out wide (but not wingers), basically I think our first 11 is average to good, but, we don't have the squad to allow us to change formations or games easily.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

weasel wrote:Interesting how people are quick to write off a player from the German second division without even knowing anything about him, yet I am sure most wouldn't mind having the former French division 2 player that has just been named Premiership Player Of The Year. It is not about where they come from but how good they are and many players have been written off before having great careers. How many of the Leicester players would we have written off as being no good if we had the chance to sign them a couple of years ago - Vardy non league springs to mind.
From my meager experience of the outside looking in, some football supporters will write off any non-english player as not good enough, regardless of the facts.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:To what? A relatively unproven foreign manager (cough cough head coach)
Which is what we will be getting!!
that's what I'm saying! If Cellino does get rid of Evans I can see him looking at someone he knows from Italy or elsewhere abroad to come in instead of someone like dougie freedman
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

danhirons wrote:that's what I'm saying! If Cellino does get rid of Evans I can see him looking at someone he knows from Italy or elsewhere abroad to come in instead of someone like dougie freedman
Roberto Di Matteo is still out there and available. Just saying.....
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Surprised i haven't seen a mention of Nigel Gibbs on here!
Someone else who cellino humiliated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Crude wrote:Roberto Di Matteo is still out there and available. Just saying.....
would be an interesting choice!!!
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Ffs cmon can anyone see someone like di Matteo working for this mad man!
This is crackers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Sorry I don't have any rumors but on the players I/we need will all depend on who we keep and let go. We need to keep hold of Cook, Taylor, Sylvestry,Mowatt,Berardi,Bellusci,Murphy,Samba,Cooper,Dave,Wood,Antenucci,Dallas,Peacock-Farrell,Coyle and Philips I would like to keep Bridcutt but it all depends on his wage demands and the willingness to take a pay cut lol. All these players have had time out of the team and seem to just get on with it so I would of thought if any better players come in they would still be willing to come in and out of the team as and when needed. All the rest can go for me, we definitely need another striker another winger and a central defender.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

ldsutd wrote:Sorry I don't have any rumors but on the players I/we need will all depend on who we keep and let go. We need to keep hold of Cook, Taylor, Sylvestry,Mowatt,Berardi,Bellusci,Murphy,Samba,Cooper,Dave,Wood,Antenucci,Dallas,Peacock-Farrell,Coyle and Philips I would like to keep Bridcutt but it all depends on his wage demands and the willingness to take a pay cut lol. All these players have had time out of the team and seem to just get on with it so I would of thought if any better players come in they would still be willing to come in and out of the team as and when needed. All the rest can go for me, we definitely need another striker another winger and a central defender.
I agree, however, I would hope that we try and sell Bamba and Antenucci as well, meaning that ideally we sign 2 new central defenders, another winger and 2 more strikers.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

The anti's do realise the notion that MC will only appoint people worse than Evans is an oxymoron?
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Crude wrote:Roberto Di Matteo is still out there and available. Just saying.....
I think if Di Matteo was given the job and was given a reasonable (not a huge) transfer budget he would have Leeds pushing for the top 6 at least, however, I think this is unlikely to happen unfortunately. Di Matteo is a manager who has impressed me a lot with his time at MK Dons, West Brom and Chelsea.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

mav wrote:The anti's do realise the notion that MC will only appoint people worse than Evans is an oxymoron?
Thank god for your input, God knows where I'd be
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

mav wrote:The anti's do realise the notion that MC will only appoint people worse than Evans is an oxymoron?
Thank god for your input, God knows where I'd be
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Thank god for your input, God knows where I'd be

prob repeating yourself somewhere................

:roflmao:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Slightly off topic, however, Uwe Rosler looks likely to be the next Bolton manager from what I have read.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

John Sheridan a very strong favourite for the Leeds job from what I have read and the odds I found. Cannavaro, Evans, Freedman and Poyet just behind him along with Walter Zenga.