New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1474
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Oscar »

Apparently Robinson has rejected the job, and our new target is now Bristol Rovers manager Darrell Clarke.
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5875
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Twitter: crudos
Location: 'Merica

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Crude »

Gary Shaw wrote:Robinson looks like he has rejected the job according to Sky.
PHEW! dodged that bullet.
#WeAreBack

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Laughable that even Robinson is rejecting coming to work for us, what was it, s**t wages, won't work for a gun Ho, coke sniffing maniac, players likely to be sold.. Could be any tbh the list is endless
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5875
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Twitter: crudos
Location: 'Merica

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Crude »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Laughable that even Robinson is rejecting coming to work for us, what was it, s**t wages, won't work for a gun Ho, coke sniffing maniac, players likely to be sold.. Could be any tbh the list is endless
Or none of the above. Don't let the anti-Cellino hype devour you wolfie.
#WeAreBack

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Crude wrote:Or none of the above. Don't let the anti-Cellino hype devour you wolfie.
Ah believe me I have my own mind in all this, you reckon the club is being run smoothly?
I also know of his connections with terry George so I know some of what I said above is true!
He's tried to get a cheap option in Karl Robinson and he's turned him down!
Some seriously need to open their eyes in regards to cellino, it is far from Rosie at the club!
We have no head of academy, a skeleton staff behind the scenes! You will not run a successful club like he's doing!!
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Within a mile of Yorkshire

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by weasel »

mav wrote:Thinking you know more about a manager than a season ticket holder that also plays the game (for MK dons ladies) is farcical.
Easy though for a season ticket holder to think that the club is better than it is. Think of all those geordie season ticket holders that ridiculed Pardew and hounded him from the job - only now does it become clear he was overachieving. Same with the Charlton fans who were fed up with mid table premiership finished under Curbishley.
I am sure we are all guilty of it as Leeds fans. We think our young talents are better than they probably are, we think our team is better than it is and we think that we would all pick a better team every week and our formation/tactics would always work. Did Grayson overachieve with Leeds and as such set the expectation bar too high?
Senor El Weasel
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by 1964white »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Laughable that even Robinson is rejecting coming to work for us, what was it, s**t wages, won't work for a gun Ho, coke sniffing maniac, players likely to be sold.. Could be any tbh the list is endless
:roflmao:

We shouldn't be looking at these type of managers, but sadly a top coach with any pedigree is beyond us as Massimo's aim is to run LUFC on the cheap showing no ambition or intent whatsover. I can't wait to see the calibre of our new signings :|
Another disappointing summer/pre-season on the cards i suspect
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

1964white wrote::roflmao:

We shouldn't be looking at these type of managers, but sadly a top coach with any pedigree is beyond us as Massimo's aim is to run LUFC on the cheap showing no ambition or intent whatsover. I can't wait to see the calibre of our new signings :|
Another disappointing summer/pre-season on the cards i suspect
And after me saying I wasn't renewing for months, I've gone and renewed :mrgreen:
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 9311
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by lufc1304 »

Being turned down by the MK Dons manager (MK Dons, ffs!!!) tells you exactly how this regime is viewed from the outside. Unless or until Cellino changes his spots (which I doubt he'll do) or sells, we are destined to remain spinning our wheels in mid-table or lower. The refund on season tickets offer made me think perhaps there was a genuine plan in place for this season, but ......???
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Being turned down by the MK Dons manager (MK Dons, ffs!!!) tells you exactly how this regime is viewed from the outside. Unless or until Cellino changes his spots (which I doubt he'll do) or sells, we are destined to remain spinning our wheels in mid-table or lower. The refund on season tickets offer made me think perhaps there was a genuine plan in place for this season, but ......???
We are rumoured to have sold between 7k/8k season-tickets so far I believe we sold 12k last season so we are going to struggle to reach that figure, it doesn't make financial sense to be offering refunds if that is the case
.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 9311
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:We are rumoured to have sold between 7k/8k season-tickets so far I believe we sold 12k last season so we are going to struggle to reach that figure, it doesn't make financial sense to be offering refunds if that is the case
.
Maybe I read it wrong, Leon, but doesn't a 25% refund apply irrespective of the number of STs we sell? Surely the only way to avoid having to pay out is to get a manager and squad in place equipped to mount a genuine challenge? Or was that simply a ruse to get people to buy?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Within a mile of Yorkshire

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by weasel »

Darrell Clarke certainly has made an impressive start to management 4 promotions in 5 seasons. Must admit I had never heard of him but can't help but be impressed after reading his history ad also like the fact he seems to have a good eye for players shipping out lots of players and signing better despite mainly having to rely on free signings. I for one would be delighted if we get him.
Senor El Weasel
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 9311
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by lufc1304 »

weasel wrote:Darrell Clarke certainly has made an impressive start to management 4 promotions in 5 seasons. Must admit I had never heard of him but can't help but be impressed after reading his history ad also like the fact he seems to have a good eye for players shipping out lots of players and signing better despite mainly having to rely on free signings. I for one would be delighted if we get him.
Agree, weasel! I have a mate who's a Bristol Rovers fan, so I keep an eye on what they're doing. They're going mental that we're interested in him, which shows he's held in high regard. But would Cellino let him do things his way?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Brader
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Brader »

Surely it's career suicide on his part if he accepts.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Within a mile of Yorkshire

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by weasel »

Brader wrote:Surely it's career suicide on his part if he accepts.
Evans's stock has risen despite only doing an average job at Leeds.
Senor El Weasel
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2305
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by mav »

weasel wrote:Darrell Clarke certainly has made an impressive start to management 4 promotions in 5 seasons. Must admit I had never heard of him but can't help but be impressed after reading his history ad also like the fact he seems to have a good eye for players shipping out lots of players and signing better despite mainly having to rely on free signings. I for one would be delighted if we get him.

He looks a better bet than the MK Dons numpty.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Gurj »

Is this guy really going to be a step up from Evans ? I cant see it personally. Cheap option taken yet again by Cellino.

I would rather we stay with Evans if this is the highest calibre of manager/coach that we can attract now !
Let him continue blending he's own team than go to a relative unknown who will want to start all over again with another set of players and therefore it will take months for us to find our feet again and we will have to settle for mid table obscurity yet again :-(
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2305
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by mav »

Gurj wrote:Is this guy really going to be a step up from Evans ? I cant see it personally. Cheap option taken yet again by Cellino.

I would rather we stay with Evans if this is the highest calibre of manager/coach that we can attract now !
Let him continue blending he's own team than go to a relative unknown who will want to start all over again with another set of players and therefore it will take months for us to find our feet again and we will have to settle for mid table obscurity yet again :-(

It will not be another set of players, he would just be a coach - he deals with who he is given.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Ricb76
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Ricb76 »

Would you want to remain at the club if you knew the chairman was actively looking to replace you? At this rate we'll end up being run by Super Mario.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by ldsutd »

I'm not saying I think Clarke will be good or bad but I know a few people have been saying for years we should be going for a young up coming hungry manager/coach from lower league and now we are linked with a name that ticks them boxes, It's now all of a sudden Cellino going for the cheap option. Some people never happy.
Post Reply