New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: New Leeds transfer and head coach/manager rumours thread

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:I can't recall the last time we didn't win at ER in our first six matches
You could also say when was the last time we started a season with 8 points from our first 5 away matches (2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss). Plus the fact 2 of those games where vs Derby and Middlesbrough away.

Out of those 6 matches how many can you realistically expect us to win?
Burnley D 1-1 they finished 1st
Sheffield Wednesday D 1-1 they finished 6th
Brentford D 1-1 they finished 9th
Ipswich L 0-1 they finished 7th
Birmingham L 0-2 they finished 10th
Brighton L 1-2 they finished 3rd.
All these 6 home games where against teams in the top 10.
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:You could also say when was the last time we started a season with 8 points from our first 5 away matches (2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss). Plus the fact 2 of those games where vs Derby and Middlesbrough away.

Out of those 6 matches how many can you realistically expect us to win?
Burnley D 1-1 they finished 1st
Sheffield Wednesday D 1-1 they finished 6th
Brentford D 1-1 they finished 9th
Ipswich L 0-1 they finished 7th
Birmingham L 0-2 they finished 10th
Brighton L 1-2 they finished 3rd.
All these 6 home games where against teams in the top 10.
We won 5 matches v the top 10 teams under Evans....also drew with 3 of the top 9

In those six games you mentioned we were shocking v Ipswich, Birmingham, Brighton & got played off the park for big chunks of the Brentford game. Never looked like winning v the Owls in a dour game. Only one we should have won was our opening game v Burnley
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:We won 5 matches v the top 10 teams under Evans....also drew with 3 of the top 9

In those six games you mentioned we were shocking v Ipswich, Birmingham, Brighton & got played off the park for big chunks of the Brentford game. Never looked like winning v the Owls in a dour game. Only one we should have won was our opening game v Burnley
The performances weren't great overall, however, I still think they were much better than the majority of performances under Evans.
We won 4 and drew 4 out of our 12 games under Evans vs the top 10.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Blackburn letting some of their bigger players go at a quick look at their retained list.

Tommy Spurr, Matt Kilgallon, Chris Taylor, Chris Brown, Lee Williamson, Nathan Delfouneso, Simon Eastwood and Simeon Jackson

Anyone you reckon could do a job at leeds?
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Brader wrote:Blackburn letting some of their bigger players go at a quick look at their retained list.

Tommy Spurr, Matt Kilgallon, Chris Taylor, Chris Brown, Lee Williamson, Nathan Delfouneso, Simon Eastwood and Simeon Jackson

TBH I would offer each of them a trail and see where it goes.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Karl Robinson (from MK Dons) very close to being appointed as new manager/head coach from what I have read, this would be a very good appointment on paper in my opinion.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Brader wrote:Blackburn letting some of their bigger players go at a quick look at their retained list.

Simon Eastwood a good goalkeeper or Tommy Spurr (he can play at centre back and left back and is very underrated in my opinion).
Cardiff have also released Ben Turner (a centre back who we should definitely be trying to sign.)
Tommy Smith the best centre back outside of the premier league is also out of contract.
There are so many defenders out there for free transfers who would solve our defensive problems.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Spoke to a MK season ticket holder that I work with and she said "please take him, he is terrible, worse than Evans"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mav wrote:Spoke to a MK season ticket holder that I work with and she said "please take him, he is terrible, worse than Evans"
I dreading Robinson being appointed our new manger :shock:
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Gary Shaw wrote:Karl Robinson (from MK Dons) very close to being appointed as new manager/head coach from what I have read, this would be a very good appointment on paper in my opinion.
Hold on, didn't he take the Dons to relegation, while Evans save us from relegation.
I fail to see the logic in such an appointment.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

mav wrote:Spoke to a MK season ticket holder that I work with and she said "please take him, he is terrible, worse than Evans"
MK Dons the season before he arrived finished 12th 20 points off the play offs.
In his 5 seasons at league one level he achieved automatic promotion, 2 play off places and 2 top 10 finishes.
This season Robinson lost Deli Alli and Will Grigg and according to transfermarkt didn't spend anything in terms of transfer fees. Expecting to stay in the championship for MK Dons is not a realistic expectation the achievement to get there in the first place is impressive and they did quite well this season could have easily have had a season like Blackpool did.
He had a very average squad at MK Dons and also lost many of his best players, Robinson had a net spend according to transfermarkt of -£7.3 million in league one :shock: but still managed to get them promoted and consistently doing well.
Much better manager than Steve Evans in my opinion.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

rab_rant wrote:Hold on, didn't he take the Dons to relegation, while Evans save us from relegation.
I fail to see the logic in such an appointment.
I disagree.
We were never in a relegation fight before Evans took the job.
And expecting Robinson at MK Dons to achieve the same results as a head coach at Leeds, is like saying Ronald Koeman/Slaven Bilic are poor managers because he didn't achieve the same results as Arsene Wenger in my opinion.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:MK Dons the season before he arrived finished 12th 20 points off the play offs.
In his 5 seasons at league one level he achieved automatic promotion, 2 play off places and 2 top 10 finishes.
This season Robinson lost Deli Alli and Will Grigg and according to transfermarkt didn't spend anything in terms of transfer fees. Expecting to stay in the championship for MK Dons is not a realistic expectation the achievement to get there in the first place is impressive and they did quite well this season could have easily have had a season like Blackpool did.
He had a very average squad at MK Dons and also lost many of his best players, Robinson had a net spend according to transfermarkt of -£7.3 million in league one :shock: but still managed to get them promoted and consistently doing well.
Much better manager than Steve Evans in my opinion.
Good points Gary

Just hope you are right in your thinking as I'm struggling to get my head around his supposed imminent appointment
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Human nature, of course but, yet again, we have a potential new manager pre-judged (positively or negatively) before he's even in post. Let's see what he does if he gets the job....
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Gary Shaw wrote:I disagree.
We were never in a relegation fight before Evans took the job.
And expecting Robinson at MK Dons to achieve the same results as a head coach at Leeds, is like saying Ronald Koeman/Slaven Bilic are poor managers because he didn't achieve the same results as Arsene Wenger in my opinion.
Eeerrr huuuummmm.... and there I was getting tired of Steve Evans saying that his remit was to save us from relegation :duno:
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Thinking you know more about a manager than a season ticket holder that also plays the game (for MK dons ladies) is farcical.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

mav wrote:Thinking you know more about a manager than a season ticket holder that also plays the game (for MK dons ladies) is farcical.
Could say exactly the same for saying cellino is the best chairman we've had since silver :hahaha:

Once again it's the cheap option, as no decent manager worth his salt would work with numpty!!

The coffin stunt was bang on, this club is dying and it's heartbreaking
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Could say exactly the same for saying cellino is the best chairman we've had since silver :hahaha:

I said least bad, not best!

which is pretty damning tbh!
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

mav wrote:Thinking you know more about a manager than a season ticket holder that also plays the game (for MK dons ladies) is farcical.
It's just my opinion mav, when have I/did I ever say that I think I know more than anyone else?
Can MK Dons (after losing Deli Alli and Will Grigg) really expect to survive in the championship? As an outsider I would say definitely no and well done to Karl Robinson for getting MK Dons into the championship in the first place.
Karl Robinson has done a good job at MK Dons in my opinion and every time I have seen MK Dons play they have impressed me.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Robinson looks like he has rejected the job according to Sky.