Sam Byram

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Would you have Sam Byram back on a season long loan next season?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes
No, if it will cost too much to do
No votes

Total votes: 4

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Sam Byram

Post by Oscar »

I said from August that Sam Byram was not ready for the premier league especially if he was going to play at right back. That has turned out to be the case so far as he hasn't been getting into the West Ham starting 11 often.
However, Sam Byram's best position in my opinion is on the right wing, however, he never found the consistency in this position at Leeds to justify playing there regularly for West Ham. My idea would be to bring Sam Byram back on a season long loan next season, to help him find consistency to play there in 2017/18 for West Ham and for us to add a goalscoring winger into the team (something I think we need), his goals record when he has played on the right wing is fairly good. Many players have done this before, Fabian Delph for example, his career changed when he went back to Leeds on loan, maybe the same could happen for Byram?
Obviously, the clubs would have to have an agreement in place over wages etc I would imagine.
Would you have Sam Byram back on a season long loan next season?
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Sam Byram

Post by 1964white »

The Hammers are playing a winger Antonio at RB instead of Sam
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:The Hammers are playing a winger Antonio at RB instead of Sam
Exactly mate, I can't see Sam being a regular next season at the moment. Antonio is doing really well at right back for West Ham as well.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I don't think we would ever work for Cellino again, why would he?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'd have him back, but I agree with Adam, why would he ever subject himself to that tosser Cellino again?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

He's been injured - no way will West Ham consider loaning him back to us or indeed any other team. It's not going to happen folks.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

As above, he's been injured. When he's played he's looked more than good enough. Am sure he will be first choice next season when jenkinson goes back to arsenal
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Sam may have been injured, however, he has only started 2 out of the 6 games he has been available for. And in those games he has been on the bench James Tomkins a centre back has started ahead of him at right back and as Leon said Antonio (a winger) has started at right back instead of him. So, West Ham don't seem to rate Sam very highly and that's without very little competition. If West Ham sign another right back in the summer I can't see Sam playing at all next season either.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Gary Shaw wrote:Sam may have been injured, however, he has only started 2 out of the 6 games he has been available for. And in those games he has been on the bench James Tomkins a centre back has started ahead of him at right back and as Leon said Antonio (a winger) has started at right back instead of him. So, West Ham don't seem to rate Sam very highly and that's without very little competition. If West Ham sign another right back in the summer I can't see Sam playing at all next season either.
I don't think its a question of not rating him, they clearly do otherwise they wouldn't have signed him.

They bought a young player who they will nurture and develop. He may not have settled in yet, he may not yet fit their style of play but don't write him off for next season just yet. West Ham have stumbled somewhat in the last 5 games but next year will be a big year for them, first in their new home, and they will need a big squad to compete all year.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Byram on the bench again yesterday.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Sam chose to take the money. We've seen it all before. Young players thinking they are a cut above the rest and languishing on the fringes of the first team they chose to represent. No sympathy I'm afraid!
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Can anyone blame him for wanting to better himself! He was going nowhere with us, he was never going to sign once publicly slagged by cellino!

I wish him all the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk