Season Tickets 2016/17

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Season Tickets 2016/17

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Leeds United 2016/17 Season Tickets prices have just been announced...

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... cxynudx7k2

Interestingly;
Should #lufc fail to reach at least the play-offs in 2016/17, supporters will receive a 25% refund on their Net Season Ticket price.
Should sales surpass 15,000 by July 31 and #lufc fail to reach at least the play-offs, fans will receive a 50% refund on their Net ST price.
mav
First Team
First Team

Re: Season Tickets 2016/17

Post by mav »

that young adult price is very good indeed.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We won't sell 15k season-tickets so you can forget the 50% refund

In the meantime......what if Cellino sells LUFC ?
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

1964white wrote:We won't sell 15k season-tickets so you can forget the 50% refund

In the meantime......what if Cellino sells LUFC ?

Then the new owner would be bound to the agreement.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Have to say hats off to the person who came up with this ( I doubt it was Massimo but I am sure he has had the final say in terms of ratifying the concept ). Interest in ST's has been flagging for years ( I dont blame people for not renewing by the way) so there needed to be some kind of inspired thinking to motivate fans into purchasing ST's again.

Even if 15000 isnt reached which I would concur with Leon is highly unlikely, a 25% reduction for then not reaching the play off is a hell of a discount !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

It's a decent gesture, let's just hope the confidence that implies is reflected on and off the field with transfers, retention and performances.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

mav wrote:Then the new owner would be bound to the agreement.
Depends how it is worded I suppose. I remember the 10 year season tickets (debentures) the Yorkshire Consortium flogged, turned out when they sold the club to Bates he was not bound to honour them. He did, but he didn't have to.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I've just checked the seating plan on the official site - prices there are from 2009 - the prices for 2016-17 are lower than 2009 and back then there were no concession prices for the East or West stands. I've no idea what the prices were for this year but someone has done their homework I think.
If we ever do come back to England, I'd take a season ticket at those prices.
Ianm
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Ianm »

Quick question. I used to hold a st but i live 70 miles or so away and the poor quality of football along with a young family lead me to not renew a few seasons ago

This offer hes perked my interest. Plus my lad is 9 now and at that age where hes getting into it. 500 or so quid to get us both in the family stand with a bit back if were garbage again seems a great deal.

BUT the reality is im going to skip midweek games. You cant ask a 9 year old to get in from a game at nigh on midnight on a school night and i dont much fancy that myself either. So with sky loving a fixture change and that being even more likely to happen should we improve sufficiently to actually be in the playoffs. How many of these 23 games am i going to miss would you guys guess?

Sorry for the waffle :)
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Doesn't matter what incentives/deals the club offers, people will analyse it to the far end of a fart and end up putting a negative slant on it, me, regardless of the mechanics of it think it is an innovative move by the club and deserves applauding, I will for my sins renew again.
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Ianm wrote:Quick question. I used to hold a st but i live 70 miles or so away and the poor quality of football along with a young family lead me to not renew a few seasons ago

This offer hes perked my interest. Plus my lad is 9 now and at that age where hes getting into it. 500 or so quid to get us both in the family stand with a bit back if were garbage again seems a great deal.

BUT the reality is im going to skip midweek games. You cant ask a 9 year old to get in from a game at nigh on midnight on a school night and i dont much fancy that myself either. So with sky loving a fixture change and that being even more likely to happen should we improve sufficiently to actually be in the playoffs. How many of these 23 games am i going to miss would you guys guess?

Just look at this seasons fixtures and i would guess roughly the same for next season.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

CSA wrote:Doesn't matter what incentives/deals the club offers, people will analyse it to the far end of a fart and end up putting a negative slant on it, me, regardless of the mechanics of it think it is an innovative move by the club and deserves applauding, I will for my sins renew again.
The highest and lowest prices are exactly the same as this season, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34507719, it puts us somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as the division is concerned which is a fair reflection of where we are as a club. I think the junior prices are decent.

I think we can only applaud the money back incentives. It shows someone has thought about how to address the concerns the fans had this season. This offer can only increase interest in season tickets.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Ianm wrote:Quick question. I used to hold a st but i live 70 miles or so away and the poor quality of football along with a young family lead me to not renew a few seasons ago

We had 8 midweek home games this year.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Shields53 wrote: I think we can only applaud the money back incentives. It shows someone has thought about how to address the concerns the fans had this season. This offer can only increase interest in season tickets.
And all this time, I thought Cellino was the devil who wanted to destroy the club, it's supporters, and leave a crater at Elland Road. :wink:

It shows, to me at least, that Cellino is going to make a big push for promotion next season and to expect the appropriate signings this summer. Again, the devil-thing......
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Crude wrote:And all this time, I thought Cellino was the devil who wanted to destroy the club, it's supporters, and leave a crater at Elland Road. :wink:

It shows, to me at least, that Cellino is going to make a big push for promotion next season and to expect the appropriate signings this summer. Again, the devil-thing......
I don't think he's the Devil, I just think he's an egotistical megalomaniac who doesn't really know what he's doing.

If he's serious about promotion let's see if we keep hold of our best players, ensure a manager is in place to prepare for next season and make some good signings.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Shields53 wrote:I don't think he's the Devil, I just think he's an egotistical megalomaniac who doesn't really know what he's doing.

If he's serious about promotion let's see if we keep hold of our best players, ensure a manager is in place to prepare for next season and make some good signings.
........and then leaves that Head Coach/Manager to run team affairs without sticking his beak in every five minutes.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Shields53 wrote:I don't think he's the Devil, I just think he's an egotistical megalomaniac who doesn't really know what he's doing.

He knows what he is doing okay, I think he just reacts like a fan.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Strikes me that many have twisted this into a negative against the owner.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

mav wrote:Strikes me that many have twisted this into a negative against the owner.
I don't think anyone should. The no rise is definitely a positive. The money back deal is also a positive even if it appears only to be a refund against the year afters season ticket. It's clever on behalf of the club, attract people who maybe otherwise wouldn't renew with the prospect of money back and secure them as customers for the year after too if we don't make the play-offs.
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Excuse me, but are we getting postal reminders to renew, haven't seen sight nor sound of one yet, and still from OS we have sold more ST at this stage than last year.