Advice on solicitors

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Advice on solicitors

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Currently well into a claim with a solicitor, it's a big no one no fee jargon!

I'm not happy with the service I've received Upto date, it's seems the solicitor they've given me is a clueless just out of uni graduate, who seems to be constantly working against me and making out I'm doing this for a profit!! Which I'm NOT!

I'm stuck for what to do and wondering if anyone on here maybe able to offer some advice, as I'm useless at these things!
With thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gessa

Re: Advice on solicitors

Post by gessa »

Could you not ask to speak to someone more senior, explain your issues and ask if you could be allocated a new solicitor, if not take your claim elsewhere.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

gessa wrote:Could you not ask to speak to someone more senior, explain your issues and ask if you could be allocated a new solicitor, if not take your claim elsewhere.
Really not sure how to go about that, the problem is it's all done over the phone and I just start stuttering and mumbling then.

I know if I take to a new solicitors I'll be charged by my current ones?

I tried looking on their website to see if there was a number for a more senior figure to ring etc but nothing
gessa

Post by gessa »

How can they charge you if it's no win no fee? I just don't understand why he's being like he is, regardless of what he thinks of you if you don't pursue the claim then they won't get paid.
If you gave no joy with getting a new number see if there's someone you can email.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Well I got a letter the other week saying I'll be liable for charged etc if I've not offered correct informations etc (which I have) just think it could get messy!

Neither do, they have asked for bank statements etc to see what money I've been paid into my account, and are questioning every little thing. Didn't think a solicitor that was supposed to be on my side would be doing this.

Yep good idea, will have a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

They should have a complaints procedure. There must be a senior partner or manager that you can contact? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

becchio bear wrote:They should have a complaints procedure. There must be a senior partner or manager that you can contact? :bear:
I'm looking at who to contact, in really not keen on asking my current solicitor to put me on to someone more senior if it goes tits up and I'm left with the current one.

Slightly nervous about it all, I owe a lot of money when this claim comes!
I was paid loans through the business account that pays my wages when I'm working, as I work for my old man. Who the claim is against, i wasn't getting what full wages bare in mind.
But I had van loan to pay and I needed to live, the solicitor has had Docters reports etc and know I was injured and could not possible been working, but continues to send letters saying I should not be going into this to make a profit!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:I'm looking at who to contact, in really not keen on asking my current solicitor to put me on to someone more senior if it goes tits up and I'm left with the current one.

Slightly nervous about it all, I owe a lot of money when this claim comes!
I was paid loans through the business account that pays my wages when I'm working, as I work for my old man. Who the claim is against, i wasn't getting what full wages bare in mind.
But I had van loan to pay and I needed to live, the solicitor has had Docters reports etc and know I was injured and could not possible been working, but continues to send letters saying I should not be going into this to make a profit!
The firm I work at doesn't do this kind of stuff but my boss dabbles from time to time for long standing clients! I was married to a personal injury solicitor for many years and those kind of questions from memory are fairly normal. They have to ask the questions and have the written answers on file (not just verbal) as it absolves them further down the line if it becomes apparent the client wasn't being entirely truthful! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.