Giuseppe Bellusci

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Giuseppe Bellusci

Post by The Subhuman »

beer belly bert wrote:cost us the win tonight :tdown:

really? that wasn't the midfield and forwards not creating anything much at all!
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Giuseppe Bellusci

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

It's the whole team!!
s**t game! Bog standard championship football
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

3 mistakes in 3 games for Bellusci (and 4 poor games in a row in my opinion), as good as he was from January to March, it has been another average to poor season for him in my opinion. We need to sign 2 centre backs in the summer with at least 1 of them being a top class championship defender like Tommy Smith at Ipswich to play alongside Bellusci or Cooper, plus 1 defender who can provide good competition to Bellusci and Cooper. I think we should try and sell Sol Bamba in the summer. The back 4 hasn't been that bad this season with Charlie Taylor and Berardi both surely being contenders for player of the season, we just need someone who can be the leader of the back 4 next season, Tommy Smith would be a superb option for us, however, in my opinion he is worth £2-3 million. Luke Chambers is probably a more realistic option in my opinion he can play right back and centre back (he is better at centre back), however, he would also be a great option.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

faaip wrote:

really? that wasn't the midfield and forwards not creating anything much at all!
Nope not in my opinion ,the game was won and the penalty was the only way QPR were going to get a goal ,once again we have beaten ourselfs
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

amazing how some people will try to absolve bellusci of any blame/fault regardless of whatever he does?!

we'll never get promoted with him at the back...if there's one thing leicester have shown, you don't need the world's best centre backs to win games, just solid, team-working, error-free centre backs
gessa

Post by gessa »

danhirons wrote:amazing how some people will try to absolve bellusci of any blame/fault regardless of whatever he does?!

we'll never get promoted with him at the back...if there's one thing leicester have shown, you don't need the world's best centre backs to win games, just solid, team-working, error-free centre backs
We had that with Fairclough and White :tup: , all players make mistakes, some seem to make more stupid/ needless ones than others.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

danhirons wrote:amazing how some people will try to absolve bellusci of any blame/fault regardless of whatever he does?!

No such thing as error free footballers, but having blame thrown around cannot help anyone.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

not really costing us much right now...maybe 15th instead of 13th in the league...hopefully he learns. If he can cut out the errors (and giving away the pen was really an error) then he will be a top CB in this league. I'd suggest the coaching is at fault
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Absolve? That's a bit strong don't you think? He made errors, just like everyone of our defenders has this season. Still, he's the best we got for the time being.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

was listening to city last night while doing the Ironing (Rock n Roll!) they have a defender that appears to do more wrong than Bellusci most matches.

no such thing as error free players.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

By error-free I clearly meant the opposite of error-prone, as opposed to never ever having made a mistake...

No defender has made more mistakes than Bellusci - wootton made two in two games earlier this season and everyone was howling at him in derisory! Bellusci does it all season and he's still mentioned as a possible future top centre back in this division?! Absolutely no chance hope he goes in the summer, if he had the potential to be a top centre back teams would be interested in him. We'd struggle to get any kind of decent fee for him if we sell him.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

We can only work with what is said............

No defender? thats a big suggestion!

He is an average defender in this division, nothing more or less.