Tour De France

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leeds&leeds&leeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Tour De France

Post by leeds&leeds&leeds »

If they were thinking logically they could have let the air out of the tyres, would have got under it then.

God I am so clever.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Gino 1959 wrote:Boo-hoo, mummy, I fell off my bike and cut my knee :roll: would love to see how these drug-addled "sportsmen" fared at iomaint ffs
:roflmao: Say no more...had to hurl at bit at your post tho...
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Tour De France

Post by Auusie Pride »

Another 3 weeks of late nights in Oz. Always enjoyable watching the bigs stages and seeing the French countryside.

Froome will be tough to beat for the GC, but hopefully the Aussies (Porte and Evans) can be thereabouts as well. I'm also looking forward seeing Orica-GreenEdge being first over the line in a stage...just a rider and not the bus. If Cameron Meyer is given some freedom he could be the man in a breakaway.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Last edited by MeeTa on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Auusie Pride wrote:Another 3 weeks of late nights in Oz. Always enjoyable watching the bigs stages and seeing the French countryside.

Froome will be tough to beat for the GC, but hopefully the Aussies (Porte and Evans) can be thereabouts as well. I'm also looking forward seeing Orica-GreenEdge being first over the line in a stage...just a rider and not the bus. If Cameron Meyer is given some freedom he could be the man in a breakaway.
Cracking finish today and you have the result you wanted an Aussie stage win. Rooting for Sagan as a Cannondale trundler myself but yer man thoroughly deserved his win.
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Tour De France

Post by Auusie Pride »

Brilliant result for Gerrans and Orica-GreenEdge, out sprinting Sagan is no mean feat. First of hopefully many stage wins for the Aussie team at the Tour. Also, great ride by Simon Clarke who's from my neck of the woods, almost hung on to claim the polka dot.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

In the midwest we get fleeting reference to the TdF but I remember with fondness when I was in England watching the nightly summary, sponsored by Kronenbourg 1664 'Seize-cents soixante-quatre'.
It told me enough about the day's events for a cursory review, but could never be a substitute for real TV coverage.
Of course, ground attendance is not only difficult to arrange but fleeting and mildly dangerous.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Norm wrote:In the midwest we get fleeting reference to the TdF but I remember with fondness when I was in England watching the nightly summary, sponsored by Kronenbourg 1664 'Seize-cents soixante-quatre'.
It told me enough about the day's events for a cursory review, but could never be a substitute for real TV coverage.
Of course, ground attendance is not only difficult to arrange but fleeting and mildly dangerous.
Norm - if you or anyone needs excellent live on line streams of almost all sporting events for FREE, on your p.c.
Click on my "Wiziwig.tv" signature advert. :tup:
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Norm wrote:In the midwest we get fleeting reference to the TdF but I remember with fondness when I was in England watching the nightly summary, sponsored by Kronenbourg 1664 'Seize-cents soixante-quatre'.
Next year attendance is mandatory as the tour brings the finest city in the UK to the attention of the world :wink:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

white.riot wrote:

Next year attendance is mandatory as the tour brings the finest city in the UK to the attention of the world
Really! Wow, that's an honour. You got a URL for that info WR?
Usually I can't make it over this time of year, 'cos the air fares get too expensive, but next year may just be different.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Twiggster wrote:

Norm - if you or anyone needs excellent live on line streams of almost all sporting events for FREE, on your p.c.
Click on my "Wiziwig.tv" signature advert.
Thanks Twiggs, you've mentioned it before and I didn't follow through on it. My problem is I live in a fourth-world area of the country. Don't get me wrong, it's a smashing place but for technology - pffft (@BB - thanks Gino). Here you get charged for RECEIVED cell-phone calls and I'll swear my 'Steptoe' ISP still uses carrier pigeons. F-ing stroll on!
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

http://letour.yorkshire.com/

I'm just doing my stretching exercises before the team time trial.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

white.riot wrote:

I'm just doing my stretching exercises before the team time trial.
:lol:

Thanks for that.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Another day in the sun for Orica-Greenedge. Sky in great shape for the mountains. Thomas riding with a fractured pelvis went above and beyond for the team again. Main challengers lost time. Froome's position strengthened. How do you ride at 40 mile an hour for 20 odd minutes on the flat. I can do it down hill on my trundler.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

What can you say about Cavendish. Terrific finish. As exciting as anything in sport for me, a sprint finish. The cycling equivalent of a breakaway goal. Breathtaking pace. Fortunate to have lived through Britains golden cycling years.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

A fantastic stage and a superhuman performance from Froome in the Pyrennees puts him in yellow and in an odds on position to win the tour. Halcyon days for British cycling.
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Tour De France

Post by Auusie Pride »

Kennaugh and Porte were fantastic to set the win up for Froome who then blew everyone away. And gee, how impressive was Quintana on the first climb.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

white.riot wrote:A fantastic stage and a superhuman performance from Froome in the Pyrennees puts him in yellow and in an odds on position to win the tour. Halcyon days for British cycling.

Amazing performance by Froome, might even be a little bit to good. Hopefully hes clean, but i wouldnt be shocked if tests says otherwise
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

MeeTa wrote:
Amazing performance by Froome, might even be a little bit to good. Hopefully hes clean, but i wouldnt be shocked if tests says otherwise
I would, be shocked I mean. Cavendish's mate from the IOM was also magnificent pulling Froome and Porte (also terrific) along for mile after mile. Fit doesn't even start to describe these guys.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

white.riot wrote:
I would, be shocked I mean. Cavendish's mate from the IOM was also magnificent pulling Froome and Porte (also terrific) along for mile after mile. Fit doesn't even start to describe these guys.

When it comes to drugs nothing in that sport will surprise me, Froome has been at the top some years now, and would of won last years tour if he could. So hopefully hes clean