Depressing

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Phil
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @LufcPip

Depressing

Post by Phil »

Armleywhite wrote: cheers. Just goes to show. I needed to be told how to feel after 40 odd years of following luafc. Where we're you to put me right back in the early 70s? I feel so enlightened.
Well, my post wasn't aimed at you, Armley. We all go through phases of thinking we're not going places, or that there needs to be some changes made, especially after a run of defeats, but my point is that there are certain individuals here who just breed negativity, regardless of what's happening. When we're losing, it's "I told you so", and when we're winning, it's either complete silence until we lose again, or an "it won't last" attitude. I don't believe that you, or any other true Leeds supporter like you would find that acceptable?
No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Re: Depressing

Post by markolufc »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZF99t6m ... e=youtu.be

All the relevant videos are now posted. I've got one more on here but it's just a short video of sustained pressure that ends with the anticlimax of Ross taking a corner poorly, which sums up the quality of his delivery for quite a bit of the match. Bad day at the office and should have been subbed for Diouf sooner.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:Anybody depressed on here ?

I'm a happy little old man :-D
:tup:

You guys need to slow the hell down when I am asleep! :mrgreen:
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Depressing

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Phil wrote:
Well, my post wasn't aimed at you, Armley. We all go through phases of thinking we're not going places, or that there needs to be some changes made, especially after a run of defeats, but my point is that there are certain individuals here who just breed negativity, regardless of what's happening. When we're losing, it's "I told you so", and when we're winning, it's either complete silence until we lose again, or an "it won't last" attitude. I don't believe that you, or any other true Leeds supporter like you would find that acceptable?
So your saying others are not true supporters??
That's a big claim your making there and a stupid one!!!
I have not seem on here do what you have wrote!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wish i was a true supporter :roll:
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Depressing

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

People taking the p1ss toniight!!
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:Wish i was a true supporter :roll:
Someday, 64. Someday. :P :lol:

I've never really understood the concept of a true supporter.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kyle_5351 wrote:
Someday, 64. Someday. :P :lol:

I've never really understood the concept of a true supporter.
I'm only referring to Phil's quote above
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:
I'm only referring to Phil's quote above
I know, I was also quoting Phil's quote, then forgot the forum doesn't allow multiple quotes, so it didn't make sense. :-D
Phil
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Phil »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: So your saying others are not true supporters??
That's a big claim your making there and a stupid one!!!
I have not seem on here do what you have wrote!!
Really? You haven't seen ANYONE say that they "won't be going to watch that shite again"? After a bad performance? REALLY? Because I've seen it said on more than one occasion. Is it such a crime for me to say that the negativity of certain posters here is ruining the experience of this board for me? Judging by some responses, I'm not the only one with that opinion. I'm not trying to have a go at anyone in particular here, I'm merely pointing out that negativity is pointless, and can only serve to make things worse. What message does the dwindling support and negativity at home games send to the team, do you think? Good vibes?
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Phil wrote:
All message boards have the negative posters entrenched in them. Forgive my flippancy but im a tad tired, being on nights.. Of course there are those on here that are constantly negative and, believe me, I’ve had several on line arguments with them in trying to make them see that all is not black. However, I, like many others have failed miserably, so I accept it as part of forum life im afraid.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Depressing

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Phil wrote:
Really? You haven't seen ANYONE say that they "won't be going to watch that shite again"? After a bad performance? REALLY? Because I've seen it said on more than one occasion. Is it such a crime for me to say that the negativity of certain posters here is ruining the experience of this board for me? Judging by some responses, I'm not the only one with that opinion. I'm not trying to have a go at anyone in particular here, I'm merely pointing out that negativity is pointless, and can only serve to make things worse. What message does the dwindling support and negativity at home games send to the team, do you think? Good vibes?
Sorry I thought I it aimed at me haha yes I have heard that but bollox to them!!
We aren't playing great though!!
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

I could understand the lack of hope and the overwhelming negativity when bates was in charge but now he's on his way out and things look brighter, people need to stop throwing a tempter tantrum and start looking at Leeds United more objectively again. We actually have the opportunity to look at Leeds United and discuss what's going well and what's not going so well without just conceding that we're crap because bates has sucked all the life out of the club. We actually have things to be positive about, so lets try and focus on that.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Depressing

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Armleywhite wrote:
All message boards have the negative posters entrenched in them. Forgive my flippancy but im a tad tired, being on nights.. Of course there are those on here that are constantly negative and, believe me, I’ve had several on line arguments with them in trying to make them see that all is not black. However, I, like many others have failed miserably, so I accept it as part of forum life im afraid.
True. There's no point in trying to talk the pessimism out of folk any more than anyone could talk the optimism out of me.
Phil
Ballboy
Ballboy

Depressing

Post by Phil »

Well, that's a good point doc, but to spread optimism is far better than to spread pessimism! I genuinely think we are a team on the up. Lets face it, Warnock is without doubt the best manager we could possibly hope for in this situation, there literally isn't anyone better at gaining promotion. Nothing happens overnight, and with no funds from Bates, I honestly think he did a good job. Now that he has got some decent loan signings, hopefully tie up a deal for Djiouf, plus Rudy and Somma coming back soon, and with an intelligent signing or 2 in January, I don't see why we can't be in the mix come Summer. Put it this way, considering the calibre of players we have LOST over the last few seasons, on top of Bates sucking the soul of the club, it's fantastic that we're still within touching distance of the premier league!
hector

Post by hector »

I'm optimistically pessimistic if that helps :shock:
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Depressing

Post by Dr.Leeds »

hector wrote:I'm optimistically pessimistic if that helps :shock:
I hope it helps, but I don't think it will.
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

ooohhhhhhhh

Warnock's a shithead and i dont like him and even if he gets us up im certain he'll bring us straight back down with his out-dated tactics and his 30-something squad :scarf1:

... but i only have a week left of work then i'm on christmas holidays so there aint no depression in the silk household atm :scarf1:

plus, i've decided we're gonna beat Chelsea, play Bradford in the semi-final, and then play in a cup final at wemberlee :scarf1:
Side Before Self, Every Time
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Silky wrote:ooohhhhhhhh

Warnock's a shithead and i dont like him and even if he gets us up im certain he'll bring us straight back down with his out-dated tactics and his 30-something squad :scarf1:

... but i only have a week left of work then i'm on christmas holidays so there aint no depression in the silk household atm :scarf1:

plus, i've decided we're gonna beat Chelsea, play Bradford in the semi-final, and then play in a cup final at wemberlee :scarf1:
Wemberlee, Wemberlee, we're the famous Leeds United & we're off to Wemberlee :sing:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The thing is we are all 100% fans regardless of whether we go to every match, have never been, live in Leeds, live in Australia etc. There is no definition of a true fan that should exclude anyone on here because let's face it if we weren't true fans why would we spend time on a Leeds Utd messageboard?

I'm generally optimistic about Leeds but the optimism goes hand in hand with how the club is doing on and off the pitch. Not always just results but the way we are playing. I remember back to how Leeds were in SG's first full season in charge. They were outstanding at the back and great going forward. A team built on a great work ethic. They weren't going to win every game but the way they were playing gave me such confidence that when we went to OT in the FA Cup I genuinely believed we could win. It wasn't just blind optimism I genuinely thought we would win - so much so that I bought 2 tickets (for me and the then wife) at vastly over inflated prices in the Man Utd end.

Did I feel the same way approaching the MU game at ER the other year? No. And the reason for that was that what we had on the pitch gave me no real confidence. A good team is built on a solid defensive foundation but also with the ability to score goals. If you get that right then it doesn't matter if you suffer the odd defeat because you know over the course of the season the team will do well.

That leads me to not being overly positive about NW's side. Too often we have been outplayed. Yeah you can snatch the odd win when being outplayed if you have a good keeper and get a bit of luck (like v Barnsley) but overall you won't win much. There have been 3 times where NW has looked like he has got the team playing well but so far the first 2 times have ended with us then embarking on losing runs with embarrassing results (Forest and Watford) that have exposed us for what we are. Yes we may have only lost the 1 game against Derby but we were poor against a poor side and deservedly lost. We weren't unlucky. Can we bounce back so this is just a blip? Evidence so far would suggest no which is why I'm not optimistic but I do hope that I am wrong.
Senor El Weasel