Depressing

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Phil
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Twitter: @LufcPip
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Depressing

Post by Phil »

My god. The pessimism from certain individuals, who shall remain nameless, but glaringly obvious, on this site is actually depressing. Do these people expect us to win every single game until we achieve promotion? Then what? Until we win the premier league and champions league? I'm actually sick of coming onto this board now because of it, I used to come here to soak in the famous proud feeling. Now its just negative comment after negative comment. When we win and play well, these individuals say nothing of worth, but when we lose, they strike back with their "I told you so" attitude. It's quite frankly pathetic, and no real supporter would behave this way. You're either in it for the good and bad times, or you're not in it at all. Make your minds up...let's all march on together, or leave the real fans to march on without you.

Afterall, WE ARE LEEDS!!!
No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low.
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Depressing

Post by Twiggster »

Oh go bollox! We are fooked! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

ON ON ON Mate :tup: Ignore the negative posters. I try to, but I HAVE to read them every day, as admin. :roll:

Three wins and one defeat in last 4 games. I'll take that sequence till the end of the season, thanks! :tup:
User avatar
Phil
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Twitter: @LufcPip
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Depressing

Post by Phil »

LOL! I couldnt agree more, we're simply not gonna win every single game. I'm Irish, and our national team is about as bad as it gets lately, we had the worst Euros imaginable, yet our fans were simply sensational. We were still proud of our truly shite team, regardless. Negativity breeds negativity, and I've had just about enough of it. If I wanted to listen to "supporters" slate their own team, I'd go to a Chelsea forum. It does not belong here! We Are Leeds, with world renowned support. Either suck it up during the bad times, or f*** off to Stamford Bridge (Yes, I'm ranting :D)
No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Depressing

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Phil wrote:My god. The pessimism from certain individuals, who shall remain nameless, but glaringly obvious, on this site is actually depressing. Do these people expect us to win every single game until we achieve promotion? Then what? Until we win the premier league and champions league? I'm actually sick of coming onto this board now because of it, I used to come here to soak in the famous proud feeling. Now its just negative comment after negative comment. When we win and play well, these individuals say nothing of worth, but when we lose, they strike back with their "I told you so" attitude. It's quite frankly pathetic, and no real supporter would behave this way. You're either in it for the good and bad times, or you're not in it at all. Make your minds up...let's all march on together, or leave the real fans to march on without you.

Afterall, WE ARE LEEDS!!!
Totally agree. This is one reason I'm not posting as much as I was, I read everyday put am just finding it harder and harder to have In put.
Come back riot and silky, we're ever u are :-) the fun house needs u
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Depressing

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Totally agree. This is one reason I'm not posting as much as I was, I read everyday put am just finding it harder and harder to have In put.
Come back riot and silky, we're ever u are :-) the fun house needs u
Can't believe I read that right.... Riot??
He was a right bundle of joy at times won't he??
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 14577
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Depressing

Post by HarryofOz »

I love being told how to feel.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
User avatar
becchio bear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17726
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Depressing

Post by becchio bear »

Phil wrote:My god. The pessimism from certain individuals, who shall remain nameless, but glaringly obvious, on this site is actually depressing. Do these people expect us to win every single game until we achieve promotion? Then what? Until we win the premier league and champions league? I'm actually sick of coming onto this board now because of it, I used to come here to soak in the famous proud feeling. Now its just negative comment after negative comment. When we win and play well, these individuals say nothing of worth, but when we lose, they strike back with their "I told you so" attitude. It's quite frankly pathetic, and no real supporter would behave this way. You're either in it for the good and bad times, or you're not in it at all. Make your minds up...let's all march on together, or leave the real fans to march on without you.

Afterall, WE ARE LEEDS!!!

The highlighted bit unfortunately is what "those" people do expect :roll: As Twiggs says not a bad sequence in the last 4 games but obviously that's not good enough for some people. Some on here expect us to win every game without conceding one single solitary goal LOL as if that was ever gonna happen :lol:

Just enjoy the ride, I do :tup: :bear:
Lockdown 3, Rinse and Repeat.
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Depressing

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Phil wrote:My god. The pessimism from certain individuals, who shall remain nameless, but glaringly obvious, on this site is actually depressing. Do these people expect us to win every single game until we achieve promotion? Then what? Until we win the premier league and champions league? I'm actually sick of coming onto this board now because of it, I used to come here to soak in the famous proud feeling. Now its just negative comment after negative comment. When we win and play well, these individuals say nothing of worth, but when we lose, they strike back with their "I told you so" attitude. It's quite frankly pathetic, and no real supporter would behave this way. You're either in it for the good and bad times, or you're not in it at all. Make your minds up...let's all march on together, or leave the real fans to march on without you.

Afterall, WE ARE LEEDS!!!
But Phil no I don't expect us to win every game but Have you forgotten what happend before these last 4 games.... That's why I am p1ssed off with the carry on at elland road.....
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8969
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Depressing

Post by Dr.Leeds »

HarryofOz wrote:I love being told how to feel.
You should do.
Image
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 14577
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Depressing

Post by HarryofOz »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
You should do.
I getting quite horny right now
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7401
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Depressing

Post by Emsley »

That's me told.

Diouf and thomas start Saturday and we win. :tup:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
joluafc4eva
Guest
Guest

Re: Depressing

Post by joluafc4eva »

I don't bother to put how I feel these days after games, but I wasn't taken in by three wins on the bounce tbh. It happens but doesn't mean a thing really. As another thread said "back down to reaility" with a bump on Saturday. While Im relieved about the takeover it doesn't now mean the players we have are suddenly going to become good players. I rated them very little during the pre-season and those we have bought in since, don't really excite me very much.

January will be the time for me - see if we get any better players in and maybe ones who can score goals. Of course my ideal Xmas pressie would be to get Beckford back (don't care what you say BB) - we need him.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7892
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Within a mile of Yorkshire

Re: Depressing

Post by weasel »

I think with me a lot goes down to how the team performs, how hard they work etc. Against derby we got battered. For the majority of the match they ruled the midfield, were the only team that looked like scoring and deservedly got the points.

Too many games like this, even some of our wins, such as the Barnsley game, we have been comfortably outplayed and that is worrying. Yes it is a great habit to win when playing badly but good teams do not play badly as often as we do. There have been a few false starts under NW where we have looked tight at the back, looked like we could play a bit in midfield and created chances but it seems too quickly we seem to run out of steam and then start losing runs.

It may be 3 wins in the last 4 games but it is also 3 wins in the last 11 in the league. So it really is how you dress up the facts. If people are depressed because of it then they have a right to be so. If people are overly optimistic then that is also their right and hopefully their optimism will win through but for that to happen we do need the side to show good form over a longer period than just 3 matches. Yeah if we carry on winning 3 for every defeat then that will be great, just the evidence from NW's reign would not suggest that will happen.
Senor El Weasel
joluafc4eva
Guest
Guest

Re: Depressing

Post by joluafc4eva »

weasel wrote:I think with me a lot goes down to how the team performs, how hard they work etc. Against derby we got battered. For the majority of the match they ruled the midfield, were the only team that looked like scoring and deservedly got the points.

Too many games like this, even some of our wins, such as the Barnsley game, we have been comfortably outplayed and that is worrying. Yes it is a great habit to win when playing badly but good teams do not play badly as often as we do. There have been a few false starts under NW where we have looked tight at the back, looked like we could play a bit in midfield and created chances but it seems too quickly we seem to run out of steam and then start losing runs.

It may be 3 wins in the last 4 games but it is also 3 wins in the last 11 in the league. So it really is how you dress up the facts. If people are depressed because of it then they have a right to be so. If people are overly optimistic then that is also their right and hopefully their optimism will win through but for that to happen we do need the side to show good form over a longer period than just 3 matches. Yeah if we carry on winning 3 for every defeat then that will be great, just the evidence from NW's reign would not suggest that will happen.
:tup:
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia.

Re: Depressing

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Without negativity, the forum would be quite boring.

I will tell people to get real, but at the end of the day all opinions are valid and they are all respected. It will always be a case of results vs performance. Most people want results and want them NOW.
Armleywhite
Guest
Guest

Depressing

Post by Armleywhite »

In the words of a fat old twat.



GO BOLLOCKS. ;)
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4432
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Depressing

Post by LUFCRACE »

You say this like it is new. For as long as I can remember forums have been like that, we win a game, we're going up, we lose a game, we're going down. :roll:
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8969
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Depressing

Post by Dr.Leeds »

LUFCRACE wrote:You say this like it is new. For as long as I can remember forums have been like that, we win a game, we're going up, we lose a game, we're going down. :roll:
If we lose, we're going down.
If we draw, we're going down.
If we win, well, we were lucky to come out with a result, we're going down.

It's been a pretty depressing season to be fair. Three good wins are very encouraging but we will need to see a bit more consistency and Warnock needs to spend well to restore faith in the eyes of many.

In the words of a thin old tw@t, "We'll just have to wait and see, like..."
Image
markolufc
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1080
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Depressing

Post by markolufc »

As I keep saying, we weren't worth a loss. I'm afraid to say Weasel is wrong about the Derby game. We threatened their goal plenty, and were unlucky not to score.

This negativity is completely unfounded, and is just a case of "oh we lost, back to the usual then", when in reality the team that lost against Derby looked an entirely different team to the one that's so far struggled to get going this season.

For those who weren't at the game/don't have LUTV, and are fostering doom and gloom saying we never looked threatening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSQA5bECP50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBd48w0l62Q

I have more examples to upload on top of these.
Image
User avatar
Phil
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Twitter: @LufcPip
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Depressing

Post by Phil »

I totally agree that it's easier when we're winning and playing well than when losing and playing badly, but seeing supposed Leeds fans saying they won't be going to anymore matches to "watch that shite" or something along those lines, makes my blood boil. Regardless of whether our team is good enough or not, it's still our current team, and you support them through thick and thin. Do it that way, and the sweet times are far sweeter
No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low.
Post Reply