A chance to air your views?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

A chance to air your views?

Post by Drs.Dad »

I've just picked this up off one of the other forums, could be a wind-up, but I've sent an email and it hasn't come back as a rejection yet, so I suppose it could be kosher.

[quote] Tweet from David Haigh a couple of days ago: "to make sure we get all of your suggestions, ideas and thoughts please send them to weareleeds@gfh-capital.com" [unquote]

My first suggestion was to ensure the club re-signs Max Gradel..... fill yer boots, guys and gals!

:wink:
Image
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7401
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Emsley »

Drs.Dad wrote:I've just picked this up off one of the other forums, could be a wind-up, but I've sent an email and it hasn't come back as a rejection yet, so I suppose it could be kosher.
mailed.
Want max back.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10878
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Contact:

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Martyn »

Don't tell me that we've got owners who want to listen to fans!

What was wrong with the old arrogant "my way or the highway"?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 8847
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Drs.Dad wrote:I've just picked this up off one of the other forums, could be a wind-up, but I've sent an email and it hasn't come back as a rejection yet, so I suppose it could be kosher.
It's real David Haigh tweeted it the day the take over was announced, I did retweet it.
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

A chance to air your views?

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Get rid of the south stand stewards!
User avatar
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by CardiffWhite »

Here's what I sent:

- Bring back Max Gradel. He worked his socks off, loves the club and brings energy and flair that ignites the team.
- Sign Diouf on a longer term deal.
- Rescue a lost generation of Leeds fans by giving cheap tickets or even free tickets to local schools and kids.
- Reduce ticket prices to help raise the crowd numbers and help people out during these tough economic times.
- Explain what you have bought and what the plans are for buying the stadium and Thorp Arch.
- Explain any plans you have for the stadium. For example, to extend the capacity.
- Please respect the colour white - don't change our colour like the investors at Cardiff did.
- If you go for a badge re-design, make it democratic - ask for design submissions from fans, then put it to season ticket holders and members for a vote.
- If you plan any big changes, if possible, please ask the fans for their opinions and where possible put it to the vote for the season ticket holders and members to decide - you could mail voting forms to people's registered addresses.
- At all times be as open and honest as you can about the current situation and your plans for the future.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Drs.Dad »

Shields53 wrote:
It's real David Haigh tweeted it the day the take over was announced, I did retweet it.


Wot's a retweet?
:shock: :wink:
(some of us don't!)
:?
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Twiggster »

Drs.Dad wrote:


Wot's a retweet?
:shock: :wink:
(some of us don't!)
:?
A retweet is when you tell your budgie to repeat the noise he just made :tup:

Actually, it's like forwarding an email to all the people in your addressbook. Except it's quicker. If you retweet a tweet you get, all those in your Twitter network get that tweet sent to them. Immediately.
User avatar
Silky
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2839
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Silky »

i emailed them the other day...... said that if Warnock wont commit to a long term contract then he shouldn't be given any money in January. Make him sign or move him on.

... and also said they should make an attempt to re-sign one of Beckford, Gradel, Snodgrass, or Howson because it would really signal to the fans that the reign of Bates is over!
Side Before Self, Every Time
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 88395
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by 1964white »

Silky wrote:
Snodgrass
Was that the fella i closely monitored in the Everton v Norwich where he ambled around the pitch, lumbering about as he made half-hearted efforts to track back & in the in the end giving up on the Toffee's midfielders running at the Canaries defence never making a challenge !
If you don't believe me check out the BBC i-Player highlights...we had a player doing the same in the game v Palace running around like a headless chicken :|
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Drs.Dad »

Twiggster wrote:
A retweet is when you tell your budgie to repeat the noise he just made :tup:

Actually, it's like forwarding an email to all the people in your addressbook. Except it's quicker. If you retweet a tweet you get, all those in your Twitter network get that tweet sent to them. Immediately.

:shock: And in English? :roll:
Image
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7401
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Emsley »

Drs.Dad wrote:

:shock: And in English? :roll:
No point retweeting in the UK half of em cant talk english. :wink:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Twiggster »

Drs.Dad wrote:

:shock: And in English? :roll:
I know you have email. Retweeting is like forwarding an email to all your contacts. You send the tweet on, using the "retweet" option. Same principle as forwarding emails, but quicker.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Drs.Dad »

Twiggster wrote:
I know you have email. Retweeting is like forwarding an email to all your contacts. You send the tweet on, using the "retweet" option. Same principle as forwarding emails, but quicker.


Twiggs, didn't you see the 'wink' icon on my first post re retweets?
Hooked and landed, my man!
:roflmao:
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Twiggster »

Drs.Dad wrote:


Twiggs, didn't you see the 'wink' icon on my first post re retweets?
Hooked and landed, my man!
:roflmao:
You posted a lot of smilies, so I guess I missed the winking one amongst all the "confused" ones.. :roll:
User avatar
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1948
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by theleedsmango »

Do we really need to suggest bringing back past players, when we've wanted the club to move forward? I was huge Snoddy fan but now he is gone, I'm not that fussed. He was one of our best players but not perfect. I'd like to reward Diouf with a decent contract and McCormack who stuck with us during uncertain times. If Beckford is available, I wouldn't turn my nose up but I wouldn't go chasing him either.

Let Warnock make the decisions over players. He's got many right on his low budget who we wouldn't have suggested.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

A chance to air your views?

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

theleedsmango wrote:Do we really need to suggest bringing back past players, when we've wanted the club to move forward? I was huge Snoddy fan but now he is gone, I'm not that fussed. He was one of our best players but not perfect. I'd like to reward Diouf with a decent contract and McCormack who stuck with us during uncertain times. If Beckford is available, I wouldn't turn my nose up but I wouldn't go chasing him either.

Let Warnock make the decisions over players. He's got many right on his low budget who we wouldn't have suggested.
Top post exactly what I have said but been shot down for it!!
Leave beckford were he is and good riddance... Maybe gradel but that is it!?
No snoddy,howson, beckford,clayton blah blah blah...
Time to bring new players in new challenge... And move forward
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Twiggster »

Max the only player to leave for family reasons and not cause he wanted prem glory. I'd have him back in a minute.
Regarding the others mentioned in a deluded post above - we need to move FORWARDS, as Mango says.They deserted us for their own means and "glory" in the Prem :roflmao:
Forget them and move on. WHY would we want them back? :duno:
joluafc4eva
Guest
Guest

A chance to air your views?

Post by joluafc4eva »

For the amount of appreciation he is getting from people on here, Im beginning to think maybe we should never have signed beckford in the first place and that way we would probably now be sitting pretty in League 2 as he wouldn't have been instrumental in us getting the -15 points back so early on in that season, we would not have beaten scum on their own soil and would not have been promoted from league 1 to the Championship. What have we done since he left? Stuck in the Championship, not exactly scoring goals for fun and sitting not too far away from the relegation area. When doing score predictions, I have difficulty putting who would be likely to score for us these days.
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23945
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: A chance to air your views?

Post by Twiggster »

joluafc4eva wrote:For the amount of appreciation he is getting from people on here, Im beginning to think maybe we should never have signed beckford in the first place and that way we would probably now be sitting pretty in League 2 as he wouldn't have been instrumental in us getting the -15 points back so early on in that season, we would not have beaten scum on their own soil and would not have been promoted from league 1 to the Championship. What have we done since he left? Stuck in the Championship, not exactly scoring goals for fun and sitting not too far away from the relegation area. When doing score predictions, I have difficulty putting who would be likely to score for us these days.
Different era Jo. He deserted us for Prem football. Deserters are never welcome back in the camp.
Post Reply