Howson Sold

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Howson Sold

Post by Jason123 »

drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Re: Howson Sold

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Bugger :cry:
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

I pray to god he has a replacement we wont even get 1m for him
becchio bear
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo FFS :( :bear:
I'm going back to 505
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

What a bloody joke.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
harpoongun
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by harpoongun »

:cry: I'm really gutted... I really believe he will go on and do great things.. Always admired him...At least Twigster will be happy.
our club is a joke.. You get to the point where you say " what's the point" ... Really P***ed off..
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

this is why Clayton, White, Johnson would not sign.

Expect Snods to go to Norwich
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

Time for another friendly protest
normangunston
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by normangunston »

gutted... absolutely gutted. gradel, woodgate, smith, they all hurt but this takes the cake. what a joke of a club
revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

Absolute scandal that this has been allowed to happen.
We show zero ambition, scraping around for cast off's and loanees and have no chance whatsoever of making the Prem
Obvious Howson believes the same or he would have stayed and given it a final shot this season before leaving in the summer for free if we didnt make it.
Snoddy next
We are stuck in this league for the foreseable future with a Chairman who doesnt give a toss about the Club and a clueless manager.
Season ticket renewal, - your havin a laugh
HairyArse
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by HairyArse »

While I'm disappointed, it looks like we had two choices: Keep hold of him and lose him for nothing at the end of the season. Sell him now and get a rumoured 2 million.

It's a no-brainer unfortunately.

Also, chances are that when he does come back from his injury, it'd probably take him 4-6 weeks to get back up to speed anyway which would mean our end-of-season run-in would suffer. If, and it's a big IF, we can get someone decent in now to replace him, then that's the best option.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Once again i did say Jonny would be one of four to go in the January window, my info came straight from the horses mouth

Of course most refuse to believe me on here as i generally speel a load of rubbish :roll:

Now some on here probably realise how ambitious Leeds United are :roll:

More supporters to drift away !
Last edited by 1964white on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

We'll not get anyone decent in. Bates is too interested in the bottom line and will be delighted to get Howson off the books.
Bomber1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bomber1 »

This is too much. I really have had enough of this now

Beckford hurt, The Gradel sale angered me, but now i'm beyond hope.

The usual KB spin on 'the player wanted to go' etc absolute crap.

All the players we've lost have all been becasue decent contracts weren't offered, so they didn't sign and then our hand is forced.

Snodgrass in the same situ. he'll be next, unless White beats him too it

I offically give up.
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

HairyArse wrote:While I'm disappointed, it looks like we had two choices: Keep hold of him and lose him for nothing at the end of the season. Sell him now and get a rumoured 2 million.

It's a no-brainer unfortunately.

Also, chances are that when he does come back from his injury, it'd probably take him 4-6 weeks to get back up to speed anyway which would mean our end-of-season run-in would suffer. If, and it's a big IF, we can get someone decent in now to replace him, then that's the best option.
Wrong we had a third option - show enough commitment and ambition to convince him he can achieve premier league football and more at Leeds.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
HairyArse
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by HairyArse »

Whatever you think of Bates' amibition, or lack thereof, it sounds like Johnny has ambitions of his own, and no matter how much money we offer him, the simple fact remains that the lure of playing top flight football, just like Beckford and Johnson, remains too strong.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

HairyArse wrote:Whatever you think of Bates' amibition, or lack thereof, it sounds like Johnny has ambitions of his own, and no matter how much money we offer him, the simple fact remains that the lure of playing top flight football, just like Beckford and Johnson, remains too strong.
With all due respect how do you know that? How do you know what contract was put on the table, how do you know how negotiations went?
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Here is the most telling statement imo.

" he has been steadfast in his position that he would like the opportunity to play Premier League football and on that basis Jonny hasn't felt in a position to commit himself to Leeds United at this moment in time."

In other words, he wants to play in the premiership and OUR CAPTAIN does not have any faith that we can get there.

Awesome. :roll:
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

Shields53 wrote:
With all due respect how do you know that? How do you know what contract was put on the table, how do you know how negotiations went?
I understand that for some the lure of Premierleague football may be too much. But there has to be a reason why NONE of our upcoming prospects are resigning with the club.

Schmeichel, Gradel, Beckford, Johnson, Howson, White, Clayton . .?
HairyArse
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by HairyArse »

Whenever he's been interviewed in the past year or so he's always stated that he wants to play at the highest level. They've been trying to iron out contract for months now and it's quite apparent that Johnny was biding his time, waiting to see where we were and if we were in contention, which right now we're not, then maybe he'd sign, if not, he'd bugger off somewhere else.

It also says as much on the official site as drsdad.

As has been discussed so many times in recent years, loyalty, unfortunately doesn't come into it, if you got the opportunity to double/treble your salary, you'd jump at the chance. Simple economics.