BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23112
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by Twiggster »

OMG!!! :shock:

PLEASE let this be true!!! :roflmao: :lol: :hahaha:
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 15688
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by HarryofOz »

That's massive news, massive.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by PaulUSA »

Wow. Those Thai businessmen sure know how to pick an overpriced, past-his-prime big name when they see one.
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Chicago USA
Contact:

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by chicagowhite »

If true & I'm deeply skeptical then who would have though 3 ex Eng managers would depart the championship this season!
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
User avatar
essexwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2041
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: scotland

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by essexwhite »

Who is Newcastle boss then?
Image
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by Martyn »

If he does join them, we should start a sweepstake on what date he walks out.

I'm going for April 15th 2012
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 15688
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by HarryofOz »

essexwhite wrote:Who is Newcastle boss then?
Denis Wise
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
joluafc4eva
Guest
Guest

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by joluafc4eva »

HarryofOz wrote:
Denis Wise
:-D :-D
User avatar
becchio bear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18266
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by becchio bear »

Guildford White wrote:If he does join them, we should start a sweepstake on what date he walks out.

I'm going for April 15th 2012

ooh I don't think he'll last that long GW :lol: i'm going for 13th February 2012 :bear:
I'm going back to 505
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11815
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by Gino 1959 »

KK - with Healing Hands Hoddle as his assistant?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
92champs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:28 pm
Location: Co. Galway

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by 92champs »

I would love it if we beat them, love it :lol:
gessa
Guest
Guest

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by gessa »

Looks like our game against them is a 5-4 then.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7398
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by Emsley »

:hahaha:
Keegan was a w**k manger with only one good spell at newcastle.
Crisp fans are getting some right bollocks this year. :lol:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Armleywhite
Guest
Guest

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by Armleywhite »

I tell you what.... I bet they go on a cracking run now. As much as I don't think Keegan has what it takes he has a cracking knack ofboosting morale to a point that the teams fly for a while. He'll walk eventually though. He allus does.
User avatar
MikeLUFC7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:10 pm
Location: Blackpool

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by MikeLUFC7 »

Twiggster wrote:OMG!!! :shock:

PLEASE let this be true!!! :roflmao: :lol: :hahaha:
Emsley wrote::hahaha:
Keegan was a tosh manger with only one good spell at newcastle.
Crisp fans are getting some right bollocks this year. :lol:

What's funny and bad about Kevin Keegan?

Look at the guy's record. With Newcastle got them promoted as champions. Their first year in the premier league they finished 3rd, second season they finished 6th, and then two back to back premier league runners up finishes. For me, his record at Newcastle stands for itself.

Look at his record at Fulham. In his first season at Fulham, division two champions.

Look at his record at Manchester City. In his first season they were promoted as champions of division one (npower championship) after scoring over a hundred goals in the league. First year back in the premier league a 9th place finished, and European qualification. Granted their follow up season wasn't very good, and he then ultimately decided to "retire" from football in his fourth season with them. But overall, he did a good job at Manchester City.

His record as a manager stands up to quite a number of people's. Some might laugh at the fact he has walked away from every managerial post he has held, but I still feel that his record of achieving promotions and then establishing his clubs at the top end of the next division up stands up to just about anyone. And what position are Leicester City in right now?

The championship.

What is their aim?

Promotion to the premier league and becoming an established premier league team.

What has Kevin Keegan got a track record of doing?

Getting teams promoted and establishing them. Personally if they get him they'll have a good chance of getting promoted under him because he motives teams and players. He might have a tendency not to stay around for too long, but sometimes it is best to look short term to achieve your immediate aims, and then look long term once you've achieved these aims. So if Keegan can deliver promotion and premier league survival, and then walk away. Then you know what? Job done, because then they can get another manager with long term potential to take them forwards.
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by dezzy »

Good post mike, he is a very good motivator he will do good things if he gets the job I fear
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by Telepres »

Armleywhite wrote:I tell you what.... I bet they go on a cracking run now. As much as I don't think Keegan has what it takes he has a cracking knack ofboosting morale to a point that the teams fly for a while. He'll walk eventually though. He allus does.
"We're playing Blackpool on Wednesday, and when you say that about footballers like Cardiff and when you do things like that about a man like Ken Bates.....I'll tell yer, yer can tell him now we're still fighting for promotion and hes gotta go to Barnsley and get something".
User avatar
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by revieboy »

MikeLUFC7 wrote:



What's funny and bad about Kevin Keegan?

Look at the guy's record. With Newcastle got them promoted as champions. Their first year in the premier league they finished 3rd, second season they finished 6th, and then two back to back premier league runners up finishes. For me, his record at Newcastle stands for itself.

Look at his record at Fulham. In his first season at Fulham, division two champions.

Look at his record at Manchester City. In his first season they were promoted as champions of division one (npower championship) after scoring over a hundred goals in the league. First year back in the premier league a 9th place finished, and European qualification. Granted their follow up season wasn't very good, and he then ultimately decided to "retire" from football in his fourth season with them. But overall, he did a good job at Manchester City.

His record as a manager stands up to quite a number of people's. Some might laugh at the fact he has walked away from every managerial post he has held, but I still feel that his record of achieving promotions and then establishing his clubs at the top end of the next division up stands up to just about anyone. And what position are Leicester City in right now?

The championship.

What is their aim?

Promotion to the premier league and becoming an established premier league team.

What has Kevin Keegan got a track record of doing?

Getting teams promoted and establishing them. Personally if they get him they'll have a good chance of getting promoted under him because he motives teams and players. He might have a tendency not to stay around for too long, but sometimes it is best to look short term to achieve your immediate aims, and then look long term once you've achieved these aims. So if Keegan can deliver promotion and premier league survival, and then walk away. Then you know what? Job done, because then they can get another manager with long term potential to take them forwards.
All well and good but what foundations does he leave for a successor. He usually leaves when a team is in decline and with a squad in turmoil. I just think hes had his day
Armleywhite
Guest
Guest

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by Armleywhite »

Telepres wrote: "We're playing Blackpool on Wednesday, and when you say that about footballers like Cardiff and when you do things like that about a man like Ken Bates.....I'll tell yer, yer can tell him now we're still fighting for promotion and hes gotta go to Barnsley and get something".
:roflmao: :hahaha: :roflmao: :hahaha:
dantheleedsfan
Guest
Guest

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by dantheleedsfan »

It says they want KK as director of football and they want Lee Clark as manager?
Have I missed something? :?
Post Reply