Can we do it?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Can we do it?

Post by revieboy »

Suddenly we're sat in a position thats not far off Southampton, we're showing alot of promise but I also feel we can get better in terms of taking the game to teams and being more ruthless.

I keep thinking maybe its our fate to win the Championship this season. Twenty years on and we get to lift that trophy again?
joluafc4eva
Guest
Guest

Re: Can we do it?

Post by joluafc4eva »

Not a chance
User avatar
92champs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:28 pm
Location: Co. Galway

Re: Can we do it?

Post by 92champs »

Yeah I think we can do it too, albeit second to wet spam
User avatar
becchio bear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18266
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Can we do it?

Post by becchio bear »

Of course we can do it :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11815
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Can we do it?

Post by Gino 1959 »

joluafc4eva wrote:Not a chance
of winning the league, but getting promoted

or

not winning the league and not getting promoted?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
joluafc4eva
Guest
Guest

Re: Can we do it?

Post by joluafc4eva »

Gino 1959 wrote:
of winning the league, but getting promoted

or

not winning the league and not getting promoted?
Not winning the league or getting promoted
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11815
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Can we do it?

Post by Gino 1959 »

joluafc4eva wrote: Not winning the league or getting promoted
That optimistic :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 39597
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Can we do it?

Post by faaip »

forth behind West Ham, Southampton and Birmingham, ahead of Boro and Leicester or Forest
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Firpo- Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 97099
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Can we do it?

Post by 1964white »

Anything is possible

More quality in the first eleven with the introduction of Lonegan, Lees, White, Clayton, Pugh, Keogh, McCormack & i think O'dea is settling quite nicely alongside young Lees. Eight new players added to the starting eleven.

A big plus is we now have two centre-backs that are a threat to the opposition at set-pieces, always thought we didn't get enough goals from all around the team apart from our main strikers. Still think we lack a little pace in certain area's

Major concern for me is if we suffer any injuries/suspensions to key players as the season goes on. Already we have lost Lonnie & Snoddy this week & almost chucked 4 points away in the process, 2 points definitely thrown away. I'm not that confident or enthralled about the back up players we have tbh

A long way to go yet. I certainly will proceed with caution & take each game as it comes, the league is very tight & couple of poor results could send us tumbling downwards !

Remember our form during Jan to May 2009/10 & 2010/11 :(
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23112
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Can we do it?

Post by Twiggster »

Don't look over your shoulders tho - Brum's win today leaves them 4pts off play offs with THREE games in hand! :shock:
joluafc4eva
Guest
Guest

Re: Can we do it?

Post by joluafc4eva »

Twiggster wrote:Don't look over your shoulders tho - Brum's win today leaves them 4pts off play offs with THREE games in hand! :shock:
Exactly - they have to be one of the favourites to go up automatically.
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23112
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Can we do it?

Post by Twiggster »

joluafc4eva wrote: Exactly - they have to be one of the favourites to go up automatically.
Nah - the euro league is going to drain them too much to play catch up.
white.riot
Guest
Guest

Re: Can we do it?

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Major concern for me is if we suffer any injuries/suspensions to key players as the season goes on. Already we have lost Lonnie & Snoddy this week & almost chucked 4 points away in the process, 2 points definitely thrown away. I'm not that confident or enthralled about the back up players we have tbh
:(

That's the real worry - Nunez/Forsell etc arrive on the scene and you don't get excited/you fear the worst. That said I don't much care. I expect lufc to be competitive and wholehearted. I have always expected to make the play offs this season and I have always said these are great days to be a fan of lufc [Bates out guys have totally missed the point imo]. Would I be any more excited in the Prem? I doubt it. We always see a competitive game at ER and that for me, coupled with being run properly is why I enjoy lufc as much now as I ever did. We will make the Prem when the time is right. It may be this year, it may be next or it may be a few seasons from now. I only hope that when we do the soul of the club is still intact. It is [for me] under Bates. I doubt it is for Foxes, City etc.
Last edited by white.riot on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MaccaMJ
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Lincoln; from Bradford.

Re: Can we do it?

Post by MaccaMJ »

7th :duno:
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 97099
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Can we do it?

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:

That's the real worry - Nunez/Forsell etc arrive on the scene and you don't get excited/you fear the worst. That said I don't much care. I expect lufc to be competitive and wholehearted. I have always expected to make the play offs this season and I have always said these are great days to be a fan of lufc [Bates out guys have totally missed the point imo]. Would I be any more excited in the Prem? I doubt it. We always see a competitive game at ER and that for me, coupled with being run properly is why I enjoy lufc as much now as I ever did. We will make the Prem when the time is right. It may be this year, it may be next or it may be a few seasons from now. I only hope that when we do the soul of the club is still intact. It is [for me] under Bates. I doubt it is for Foxes, City etc.
Good points WR !

It is exciting in the championship as you say

We do enjoy our soul in our homelife, music & of course it is an important in our football club 8-)
revie-era
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Can we do it?

Post by revie-era »

Still not convinced we can get over the line. Larry must get the defence water tight or its a non starter. I believe I said to '64 earlier last week we would have to score 3 at Posh to get a result. Both goals conceeded yesterday were preventable, the second from a free kick was diabolical but has been smoothed over/not mentioned (delet which is applicable) as we got the win. Knowing we conceed in every game adds pressure on to the strikers as they know if they c**k up (see Coventry), we run the risk of conceeding at some stage. Games last for 90 minutes, - just ask Darren Fergiescum :)
Brum I feel will suffer due to build up of games, but Hughton was dealt a raw deal at Toon and has something to prove. I expect them to be around near the finish, and this weeks game is a real test.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 97099
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Can we do it?

Post by 1964white »

revie-era wrote:Still not convinced we can get over the line. Larry must get the defence water tight or its a non starter. I believe I said to '64 earlier last week we would have to score 3 at Posh to get a result. Both goals conceeded yesterday were preventable, the second from a free kick was diabolical but has been smoothed over/not mentioned (delet which is applicable) as we got the win. Knowing we conceed in every game adds pressure on to the strikers as they know if they c**k up (see Coventry), we run the risk of conceeding at some stage. Games last for 90 minutes, - just ask Darren Fergiescum :)
Brum I feel will suffer due to build up of games, but Hughton was dealt a raw deal at Toon and has something to prove. I expect them to be around near the finish, and this weeks game is a real test.
The Peterbro' equalising second goal was truely shambolic defending, at least four of our players were to blame

Brum have only conceded one goal at home this season, will be a tough test

Read my report on Thursday folks !
white.riot
Guest
Guest

Re: Can we do it?

Post by white.riot »

3 to win is nowt new. Been a feature of our play 4 almost 2 years. The loss of Lonnergan for 6 weeks is scary,. His deputy never leaves his line. Result, half the side is stood no more than a yard from goal with obvious conseguences. I would play low scoring winning football everytime but it isn't going to happen under Larry I fear so it's best just to enjoy the ride I've decided. It's never boring.
Velotrax
Guest
Guest

Re: Can we do it?

Post by Velotrax »

white.riot wrote:3 to win is nowt new. Been a feature of our play 4 almost 2 years. The loss of Lonnergan for 6 weeks is scary,. His deputy never leaves his line. Result, half the side is stood no more than a yard from goal with obvious conseguences. I would play low scoring winning football everytime but it isn't going to happen under Larry I fear so it's best just to enjoy the ride I've decided. It's never boring.
+1
User avatar
matt leeds
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: Can we do it?

Post by matt leeds »

LAGUAFC
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
Post Reply